Deleted

Thumbs up [Movies] Escape Plan

Hey, didn't find a thread for this. If there is one though, feel free to combine.

I know there's going to be a lot of vitriol towards this movie as there is towards every damn movie, and especially towards these kinds. However, all I have to say is come on, for a Stallone movie, for a Schwarzenegger movie, it was damn fun!

Sure, certain elements are there, of course. There are some one-liners, some macho fighting scenes, and the plot isn't without it's holes. But! It's a Stallone movie! It's an Arnold movie! It has to have those. In their old age, though, both of these guys have gotten much closer to being actually respectable actors, at least in some scenes, if not entire films. Arnold more so.

The movie did have some awesome support from at least three great names, albeit in very small parts (one of them a bit more; Jim), but I believe the two action heroes carried it quite well.

Here's a personal opinion which I'll throw in spoiler tags so as not to spoil it to anyone...

The scene where Arnold speaks German was just amazing! I don't think I've ever seen an Arnold movie - and I've most likely seen them all - where he speaks German to that extent. It was mindblowing how he suddenly didn't sound so weird! It actually felt a bit wrong, because we all know AHHNOOD for his accent, and there he was, speaking fluent German, and sounding like a German-speaking national (Austrian as he is), and sounding good!

But yeah... Logical, practical, realistic, deep, philosophical, emotional, complex, thought-provoking, and all that shit, no of course it wasn't. But as a Stallone movie, as a Schwarzenegger movie, it delivered! For me at least.

The floor is yours.

That scene you have in the spoilers tag was AWESOME.

The movie was fun, but that scene was just great. D'Onofrio continues his pattern of playing weird, eccentric characters, too.

I saw it during the weekend with my brother, and I thought it was an alright movie. I didn't expect it to be *great*, and it kinda wasn't, and I sort of wish it'd gone a little more either in the serious direction, or in the campy direction, but it was okay anyway.

And that scene with arnold actually acting did surprise me. It was the most memorable scene from the movie, which I guess probably isn't a good thing, but there 'ya go.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."