Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    401
    My personal experience is that if I can just stand there and tunnel and "work on the rotation" it's ok, but then so are all specs more or less I guess. But as soon as I have to start moving things just go down the tubes. But that could just be me ... That said tho I don't really do dps so it could also be a horrible lack of experience.

  2. #22
    I consistently top the meters in our guild runs. I am probably one of the most undergeared at 562 and no AoC yet. Thats not an indication of how great Enhance is, its an indication of how good the DPS are around me. Every source puts us in the top echelon of the middle group.

    Thats not a bad place to be. Thats not a complaint in anyway. I hope we stay where we are because its the best place weve been in a long time.
    Coming Soon, New Shaman Class Icon!


  3. #23
    Field Marshal Yngver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    50
    Hey everyone! I'm wondering what enhancement brings that elemental doesn't. I have'nt tried ele yet, so don't really know too much about that spec. I know both specs have got healing tide.

    The only things I can think of is: the instant heals from 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon which can be quite strong if glyphed, attackspeed buff (while elemental brings spellhaste), a bit more movability with the sprint thingy, higher singletarget dps (?). I could be totally wrong here, but im curious if there are any reasons why I should play enhance instead of elemental.
    For Khaz Modan!!

    Armories :
    Yngver - Dwarf Warrior
    Yngwer - Troll Shaman

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngver View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm wondering what enhancement brings that elemental doesn't. I have'nt tried ele yet, so don't really know too much about that spec. I know both specs have got healing tide.

    The only things I can think of is: the instant heals from 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon which can be quite strong if glyphed, attackspeed buff (while elemental brings spellhaste), a bit more movability with the sprint thingy, higher singletarget dps (?). I could be totally wrong here, but im curious if there are any reasons why I should play enhance instead of elemental.
    If you have to ask yourself why, then imo you already made up your mind, i play enhance because thats what i love the most.

    OT: I am normally top the charts in my group, or close to it with my mage friend.

  5. #25
    Field Marshal Yngver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    50
    It's hard to ask "which spec is the most fun to play" as it comes down to personal opinions, some might enjoy elemental more than enhance. Which is why I'm asking if there's anymore resons other than "its more fun". I'll probably try elemental sometime in the future to see how it's like, that said I really enjoy playing enhance.
    For Khaz Modan!!

    Armories :
    Yngver - Dwarf Warrior
    Yngwer - Troll Shaman

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    Enhance is in a great place, we had a little bit of a spat on another thread, but I maintain that our ability to perform at an optimal level highly depends on your other dps, just because fitting in as many of our CD's as possible is very important. That said, our only real failure, as a spec, im my opinion, is our lack of good on demand AoE. Flame shock, UE, Lava Lash and Fire Nova takes forever, and thats assuming FS, UE, and LL are all up when you need them.
    I've been thinking about it, and I would probably approve of Chain Lightning getting the ability to spread Flame Shock. Same basic deal -- cast it on a target with Flame Shock, the secondary targets get the debuff. There're probably issues with having your Chain Lightning prefer targets that aren't currently debuffed, though.

    I'd also want to be able to cast it while moving, though, so it would need to be made like LB or SWG would need to have its cooldown decreased.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    Just because raidbots shows enhance in the middle doesn't mean that's where we should be. That means that is where the playerbase has us. Enhance has, and has had for a while, the worst playerbase collectively. I talk to Enhance that are 570+ ilvl and 8-9+ heroic that still think unleash flame buffs lava lash.
    Just because you don't know them personally doesn't mean that every spec doesn't have players that are bad. There are players of every spec that don't know how to play their spec well at 570+.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    My personal experience is that if I can just stand there and tunnel and "work on the rotation" it's ok, but then so are all specs more or less I guess. But as soon as I have to start moving things just go down the tubes. But that could just be me ... That said tho I don't really do dps so it could also be a horrible lack of experience.
    Just you I guess, the rotation is literally exactly the same while moving as long as you're staying in melee range of the target (except for Chain Lightning and Magma Totem placement during AoE).

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  8. #28
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    We are that good. I've had bursts on lust/pots well into the 1.5mil+ range. I'm not the best in the world, but I can keep 250-350k sustained in sub 570 gear. Someone in 575+ pulling 400-500k is easily doable. On H Sha I'll end up doing over 40+mil dmg just from fire nova, with my tanks doing a damn good job of making sure all the adds are stacked up tight on the boss for my cleave/nova spread. It depends on the situation too. Our burst is arguably the best in the game right now (single target), and if we can sustain aoe with 4piece bonus, we can dominate aoe fights also unless things are spread out too much to make use of our cleave (I'm usually only fighting with our ele sham on certain aoe phases).
    We certainly don't dominate aoe fights if your other classes know how to play, given the only fight that really caters to our aoe-style is just meter padding.

    By Specties own source combat beats enha, too. We are good but we are not THAT good as I said originally and his own evidence backs up that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    A good Enh is top 3 dps specs in the game. An average Enh is middle of the pack with top tier burst.
    Top 3 based on what?

    Enhancer are easy, but on highend level, they simply can't keep up with the top DDs. Mainly because other classes have more snap AOE or more mobility or high single and are ranged + can multidot and so on and so on or have higher mobility (directly jump to boss/add instead of running), execute favoring certain bosses, e.g. Garrosh heroic where the boss is in execute range more than half of the fight.

    Some people seem to take only single target dps, but nearly no fight is pure single target and nearly all mechanics favor others. One problem is already when you don't pop heroism at the start of the fight. We are totally reliant on burst and getting perfect use out of it.

    That's why Mages, Warlocks, Rogues and Warriors and even ferals are higher valued in heroic progression only DPS wise. Not to mention many ranged classes are higher valued simply because they are ranged and tons of utility.
    Last edited by Klatar; 2014-01-13 at 09:06 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We certainly don't dominate aoe fights if your other classes know how to play, given the only fight that really caters to our aoe-style is just meter padding.

    By Specties own source combat beats enha, too. We are good but we are not THAT good as I said originally and his own evidence backs up that statement.
    What? Where at all does anything I show have combat ahead of enhance?

  11. #31
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    What? Where at all does anything I show have combat ahead of enhance?
    Iron juggernaut
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Iron juggernaut
    You mean the top 50 parses on warcraft logs where they are all basically a wash except that the rogues are getting tricks of the trade and have, on average, a higher skill playerbase and are basically the same dps as enhance even with spring and more uptime on the boss during the pulse phase generally?

    The whole point of this thread was to point out that enhance is not a middle of the pack dps class.

  13. #33
    One of the great things about playing enhancement is that over the years you see the nerf bat swung left right and centre on the other classes and some specs get "broken" (yeah whatever) but enhance plods along as solid and dependable with little tinkering.

  14. #34
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    You mean the top 50 parses on warcraft logs where they are all basically a wash except that the rogues are getting tricks of the trade and have, on average, a higher skill playerbase and are basically the same dps as enhance even with spring and more uptime on the boss during the pulse phase generally?

    The whole point of this thread was to point out that enhance is not a middle of the pack dps class.
    Well using the fight style we excel on seems a bad way to point that out, and disputing the validity of your own evidence when you disagree with it, but hten using it to make a point is sorta questionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •