Help with gear (MW)

First I keep wondering how valuable our 4 piece is? As far as I can tell from logs it is only about 2-4% of our effective healing.

If I assume that to be the case what amount of stat gain in crit and int would be worth breaking the set for. I am looking at a 2 piece upgrade with heroic protectors shoulders, and warforged legs from Spoils. They both would replace tier pieces.

Any help would be appriciated

In your situation, it's probably worth it because you'd be replacing 2 spirit/mastery pieces with pieces that actually have a stat that's worthwhile. You really should never use more than one of shoulders/legs to make 4pc.

When you talk about BiS gear, the most you can gain from dropping 4pc is:
    99 int
    1170 crit
    744 haste

at the cost of

-937 spirit
    -386 mastery

or alternatively

61 int
    1523 crit
    107 haste

at the cost of
    -480 spirit
    -663 mastery

So you're only ever gaining just over 3.5% crit to drop 4pc in a BiS scenario. Not really worth it.

The value of dropping the 4-piece is personal to how you play.

3.5% crit can make up for 2-4% healing loss from the 4 piece in most situations and the mana generation of the extra crit is noticeable. (Difference of 40-60k mana gained during longer encounters)

The mastery you lose, you will never notice it had gone. And the crit more than makes up for the spirit. So in the end it really depends on whether you'd rather have (more) uncontrollable smart heals flying around or more throughput in the other spells you cast.

Just throwing this out there: The 4pc acts as a sort of tiny counter-balance to our Renewing Mist issue as it's spawned by Renewing Mist ticks and will be targetting injured people (which will hopefully be people you aren't healing as much thanks to said RM issue.) In a long bit of raid-wide damage, the little missiles are fairly awesome. Otherwise they overheal just like the rest of our spells.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by doomedq View Post
    First I keep wondering how valuable our 4 piece is? As far as I can tell from logs it is only about 2-4% of our effective healing.

If I assume that to be the case what amount of stat gain in crit and int would be worth breaking the set for. I am looking at a 2 piece upgrade with heroic protectors shoulders, and warforged legs from Spoils. They both would replace tier pieces.

Any help would be appriciated
    If your numbers are that low, you may not be using ReM and TFT enough. It should be more like 3-4% of total healing in AoE fights like Norushen and 8-10% of total healing on more spot-heal-centric fights like Klaxxi and Nazgrim. This does also not take into account that you need to remove a lot of things from logs that cause misleading healing percentages. For example, if you have the multistrike trinket, multistrike will show up as 5-6% of healing, but a portion of that multistrike came from Mist Waves! You also need to remove the Cleave trinket and the healer legendary cloak, as Mist Wave contributes to both of those as well. By the time you do this Mist Wave actually looks like 3.5-12% of effective healing depending on fight and luck. Thus the answer (for you) becomes that it's optimal to use Mist Wave for the spot-heal fights and the crit/haste gear for aoe fights. Once you're only switching out ONE spirit/mastery tier piece, then I would just use Mist Wave always.

However, as you can see from above posts, it's a little up for debate. Just don't fall into the trap that many say that Mist Wave sucks. It doesn't. The Mistweaver Calculator shows it as an 11.3% boost to ReM as far as raw healing goes, so if ReM is 25-30% of total healing then that's +2.8-3.4% healing (which to make up for with crit rating, at 35% crit you'd need 2600 crit rating!). The reason why we can see much more than that in logs is that it's a proc smart-heal separate from ReM, so anyone at full health that procs a Mist Wave sends their Mist Wave to the most injured raid member instead. You can think of it as moving 10% of your ReM healing into a smart-heal component! For the reasons I mentioned, this can be strong on certain fights where ReM is high overheal due to the nature of raid damage.