Vendor Items No Longer Salvageable, Work On Patches Still Going, Curse Weekly Roundup
Possible Beta Account Flagging Next Week, MLG/ManaGrind Tournament #11 Review
Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: January 10
- Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Necrotic Strike now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Hunter Pets
- Core Hound: Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Fox: Tailspin now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Goat: Trample now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Sporebat: Spore Cloud now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Slow now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Mind-numbing Poison now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Curse of Enfeeblement now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- Aura of Enfeeblement now reduces the target's casting speed on player targets by 10% (down from 25%).
- [Requires a realm restart.] Winterfin Commerce: Resolved an issue that could cause players to be unable to collect Winterfin Clams.
Free Character Migrations Next Week
We'll be offering Free Character Migrations next week for realms currently seeing high queue times at login. Those looking to avoid waiting to log in can take advantage of the free transfers to a set destination realm.
We're targeting the middle of next week for these Free Character Migrations to become available, and they'll remain open for approximately one week, or until a destination realm fills up. If you're looking to transfer with others we recommend setting up plans early to avoid any stragglers being left behind.
- Area 52 => Turalyon
- Stormrage => Turalyon
- Tichondrius => Blackrock
- Illidan => Blackrock
- Bleeding Hollow => Korgath
- Darkspear => Korgath
The transfers will be announced on the front page once available.
Blizzard Customer Support Callback
Over the last few weeks, we’ve launched a new callback-based system for players who need phone support. This is a big change from our traditional phone support, so we wanted to provide some details about this service.
How does the callback system work?
- Instead of calling a number (and potentially waiting on hold) for support, you’ll use the support site on Battle.net to request a callback.
- You’ll enter information about your issue, along with your phone number.
- A Game Master will give you a call back.
How does the callback system benefit me as a player?
- You won’t have to navigate a phone menu or spend time on hold.
- Since the support site collects critical details in advance (like the answer to your security question), you’ll jump directly into problem solving.
What’s happening to Blizzard Customer Support’s existing phone numbers?
- We’re transitioning to a point where our phone lines will no longer present a menu system, but instead play a brief message directing users to the support site.
We hope you enjoy using the new service to get help when you need it!
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentArt
Question: Visually, what was your favorite race pre-update, and has this changed whilst working on them?
Man, it's like picking your favorite kid - you curse the rest with low self-esteem and counseling bills (Source)
Draenei for the women (it's a tail thing) Dwarves for the drinking and beards, Goblin when I'm being honest (Source)
What tools/programs are most commonly used at blizzard and which is ur fav ?
Photoshop, Max, Zbrush, and Maya. I'm a Photoshop fan for illustration/concept/texturing Max for modeling. (Source)
Do Blizzard artists come with that art style already somewhat in place or develop it in house? Cheers 0/
awesome question, 80% pre-installed, 20% learned (very roughly) it took me a few months to adopt the style. (Source)
By that I mean an item stored in the new Toy Box feature that you use an angel wings appear in your back.
Angelic wings are currently kind of a paladin thing. But who knows; lots of crazy toys get made! (Source)
with character models/ possible subraces, any chance I can make a dwarf or panda that's not overweight? Or a fat Belf?
Dwarves & pandaren are JUST the right weight for dwarves & pandaren. How dare you, sir. HOW DARE YOU. (Source)
Is Trial of the Gladiator just 3v3 and RBG?
Yes just 3v3 and RBG (Source)
what's your personal stance on separating pvp and pve entirely?
Hear this a lot & curious how people think it would work. So I'm killing a quest mob one second & a rogue jumps me, what happens? (Source)
We already separate them to a large degree. PvP CC durations, base resilience, battle fatigue, PvP nerfs on specific spells, etc. (Source)
But in WoW, how my character behaves is my constant. It is just a question of what activity I'm doing with my character. (Source)
And they would only be used in Battlegrounds and PvP settings and "World PvP" would just happen in PvE specs and wouldn't matter.
Based on the response to how gear and World PvP has shaped up this expansion, I can't agree it wouldn't matter. (Source)
But I strongly dislike the idea of a PvP spec that only works in instanced PvP. That's a totally different game at that point. (Source)
I personally don't believe WoW is or ever was the right medium for PvP competition. That's not to say it can't be or hasn't been.
WoW is a big game & it's easy to become laser focused on a single part of it. PvP is quite broad but many only focus on arena (Source)
I'd love it if WoW Arena was a separate game. There would be no excuse then not to make it as good as it can be.
It's debatable how many players you'd gain versus the ones you'd lose. I don't think we'll find out in WoW. (Source)
agree.. Very disappointing. You need to ahange your ‘last season/patch means no more major changes policy’
There is no such policy (Source)
you guys dun goofed with baseline resilience on PvP servers. Have you and come up with any improvements for 6.0 ?
Base Resilience isn't the problem. PvP gear ilevels couldn't keep up with all of the new tiers of PvE gear in MoP. (Source)
We've changed our opinion about where PvP ilevels should fall next expac (i.e. relatively higher). (Source)
Can you please ellaborate on that? Will PVE gear still outshine PVP gear in wPVP but lesser, or be equal or
Hard to elaborate on twitter. Think it would be better to get a blog or forum post to provide more info (Source)
So you could log onto a character and play while waiting for your other character's queue to pop?
I definitely see the appeal of that, but it comes with significant design and technical challenges that we'd have to solve. (Source)
What you guys think about Scaling down to old dungeons? Or old dungeon challenge modes?
I think it'd be amazing (raids, too), and have been hoping we'd get it in for years. I still hope we get it in, ASAP. (Source)
Warlords of Draenor Stats
if parry and dodge are gonna stop existing as status, what will happen to items gemmed with those statuses?
We'll likely replace dodge/parry on gear/gems/enchants with other stats. (Source)
Doesn't this mean the exponential scaling will continue and we'll need another squish? Why not all linear?
Linear power growth doesn't feel rewarding to players. You feel 100->120. You don't feel 500->520. You do feel 500->600. (Source)
What do you think about removing the cooldown on dispel in the near future?
We don't plan to remove it. (Source)
Any chance a votekick system similar to LFR can be put into random Battlegrounds? People who just troll chat sucks the fun out.
Yes, it would be a good addition going forward. It isn't planned for WoD release but it is something we should look into. (Source)
Okay, a (more) serious question for do you have any plans to adjust the WSG/AB rep grinds for the loss of Marks turnins for rep?
I'll have to investigate the reputation situation. In the age of Random Battlegrounds, I don't think it has been a priority. (Source)
Any chance that we can someday mail Honor and Justice between alts so an advanced main can help an alt gear up?
Prefer to do something like BoA "boost potions" or something that still requires you to play the character, just more efficiently (Source)
Why bring a hunter over a warlock? Less DPS, Less utility, less AoE, less survivability. Any extra utility in WoD for hunters?
What you just described is a problem with Warlocks, not Hunters. (Source)
Account-Wide Repuation, Sound like a good idea ?
There's internal debate. In the words of Nicol Williamson's Merlin: "A dream, to some. A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!!1!" (Source)
Is Blizz happy with the social aspect of WoW? I sometimes find guilds are very lacking.
Specific opinions vary, internally, though everyone would like the social aspect - and every other aspect! - to improve. (Source)
Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar Progression
There is an ongoing topic on the forums about the number of players that have killed Heroic Garrosh.
Mini Armory Stats - ~9% of players active since Nov 26 have now killed Garrosh on Normal or Heroic difficulty and ~46% have killed him on any difficulty.
Watcher also commented on progression today: