Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Old God on Draenor & Ogre Homeland

Okay, we are gonna fight the ogre empire and the Iron Horde, and Gul'dan is also "on the telephone with Kil'jaeden" which implies at a later point the Burning Legion will show up, but what about the Arakkoa and more specifically that quest in Outland? There is an Old God located underneath Spires of Arakk worshipped by the Arakkoa? Will it make an appearance in WoD?

Also, at a later point we are gonna visit Fields of Farahlon but what about the ogre continent? Is it gonna be featured later in the expansion too or it's gonna be saved for another expansion?

I don't think there is an Old God in Draenor. Blizz said we wouldn't be hearing about them for a while. The Titans have some sort of influence on Draenor that we will see, but again it will not be major.

I'd be surprised if the Legion aren't involved at some point towards the end of WoD.

The Ogre continent I believe is the setting of the expansion after WoD.

We don't know whether or not there is an Old God on Draenor. Shadowmoon Valley quests indicate that there was at least something similar to an Old God there, but it remains to be seen if that plot point will be expanded upon.

I doubt we'll go to the mainland of the Ogre continent within the scope of WoD. There is an island between Nagrand and the Ogre continent that might be unlocked in patched content however, and it might serve as a sort of preview of this continent.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Last edited by Wewlad; 2014-01-11 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    The Dark Enclave were definately trying to summon an Old God (or at least something related to them, technical names that aren't displayed during actual gameplay shouldn't really be treated as canon), but the question of whether that Old God was already on Draenor prior to the world's implosion or whether Blizzard will explore that story arc in any real depth is up in the air.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny if we found out that the old god was flung off into space once outland exploded :S

The Arak played with dark magic and in our time line tried to summon an Old God so I wouldn't be shocked to see them being involed with one

10+ Year Old Account
    I take for granted that the Alliance will have to deal with the Arakkoa loyal to that alleged "Old God" at the Spires of Arak... or perhaps seek their alliance to fight together against the Shattered Hand clan...

10+ Year Old Account
    The ancient history of the arakkoa indicates that they once had an advanced civilization, but it had crumbled at the time of the Burning Crusade to the enclaves and war bands that we find there now. It's unknown what caused the ancient civilization to fall.

There's also some hints that the orcs and ogres are descended from ancient 'earth giants' that devolved into them - somewhat reminiscent of the way the CUrse of Flesh afflicted the Titan creations and Azeroth and caused them to degenerate into weaker, flesh and blood creatures.

Given that the arakkoa of the present have some knowledge of the Old Gods, it's possible their ancient ancestors worshiped the Old Gods in some fashion, possibly bringing about their demise as well as the degeneration of the earth giants. Perhaps the earth giants themselves destroyed the arakkoa to prevent a full-scale infestation of ancient Draenor by the Old Gods, and were afflicted by the Curse of Flesh in the process.

Re.: the Ogre Homeland - only a small coastal area of it is visible on the Draenor map, so if we do see it we might not see the whole thing. I like the idea of it being a vast continent, even larger than the orc homeland we'll be traveling through. A sweeping kingdom infested with ogres and all manner of other monsters, dwelling in the ancient remnants of the earth giant lands. There could be lots of Titan ruins buried there, totally beyond reach due to the sheer number of hostiles. Perhaps fragments of it survived the destruction of Draenor are are drifting around near Outland in the present era - possible future areas to explore.

We may not see an Old God as in how we know them on Azeroth, but we will definitely see something related to the Void/Alien aspects of the universe like the Mindslayer boss in Arcatraz. Given that there will be lore about the Light, there will be some for the Shadow as well.

As far as I'm concerned the Arakkoa were reduce to any means necessary to further their goals and came across something old gold like in attempt to gain power. Now with WoD being years before this summoning, I don't believe they would have any connections with old gods, unless their own gods ( Anzu? Cant remember) are a type of old god. So best bet we see Anzu or some sort as far as lore goes. And I don't believe we will see any old gods during WoD for the simple fact that they are still dormant for the most part.

Plus, isn't the speculation that the old gods were trying to further their influence and relocate themselves to other worlds, one being Outland?
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    According to a blue post, some time ago (which i cba digging after), there are no evidence that there have ever been Old Gods on Draenor or Outland..
    I think, this is the closest we'll ever get to an answer, unless Blizzard some day, choose to implement one or more OG on Draenor.

Absense of proof, is NOT proof of absense..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-01-13 at 06:20 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    We may not see an Old God as in how we know them on Azeroth, but we will definitely see something related to the Void/Alien aspects of the universe like the Mindslayer boss in Arcatraz.
    Not sure how Void/Alien it'll be based on that boss, concidering he was one of the Slithid creations of C'Thun, who was talking about Old Gods.

That said, supposedly Ner'zul starts dealing with Void magic.

Deleted
    with azeroth they say the planet would be destroyed if all the old gods died, what's to say drenor exploding didn't come as a reaction by the old gods.

but then to have old gods they would need much greater titan presence on the planet as even the imprisoned old gods are really strong so one the titans never locked down would be unstoppable, as the titans barely killed one on azeroth then struggled to imprison the others completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    with azeroth they say the planet would be destroyed if all the old gods died, what's to say drenor exploding didn't come as a reaction by the old gods.

but then to have old gods they would need much greater titan presence on the planet as even the imprisoned old gods are really strong so one the titans never locked down would be unstoppable, as the titans barely killed one on azeroth then struggled to imprison the others completely.
    The fact that opening multiple dark portals blew it up.

There is evidence of an Old God in Out Land. The Arrokora do seem to worship it (or just that particular enclave) I think that when Draenor exploded and was shifted into the nether, the Old God(s) were also destroyed (as much as one can destroy an Old God)

There a blue posts confirming they exist on Out Land and that the Titans did visit Draenor at a point. I think the doom of the Arrakora came from well.... the Legion, not the Old Gods. The same can be said of the saberon, and all other "new" guys we will be meeting

Deleted
    opening multiple portals did lead to it as it affected the planet, if the old gods are symbiotic with the planet they are on you have to assume it would of also done a number on them possibly causing their death and the shattering of the planet.

you have to assume if the old gods latched that far into azeroth that even the titans couldn't remove them without destroying the planet that they would also be integral to draenor, meaning for outland not to have them they must of been destroyed and it also would fall in line with the planet being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    There is nothing saying that the Titans actually had trouble killing one. It is in fact harder to trap, restrain and imprison something than to simply kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithis View Post
    There is nothing saying that the Titans actually had trouble killing one. It is in fact harder to trap, restrain and imprison something than to simply kill it.
    Don't apply your real life logic to fantasy, especially if dealing with gods and demons. Otherwise Diablo would have been killed a long time ago.

What's dead may never die.

Remember that Blizz said Y'shaarj is now as dead as possible, so they can die. Just takes some work.

OT: I would say there's a high chance we get Old Gods in 2nd tier of WoD. We won't be fighting Orcs an entire xpac. We've never fought a single enemy (aesthetically at least) throughout an entire xpac.

Can you imagine fighting 4 straight tiers of Orcs and Ogres? It has to be something else, and Old Gods +Arrakoa makes as much sense as anything.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it's an Arak thing, not an Ogre thing.

So it may have relevance to the storyline in Spires of Arak.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)