Need help with a build

Budget: 800-1000 Euros
    Resolution: 1920x1080 (x2 monitors)
    Games / Settings Desired: At the moment mostly WoW, but would like to have it prepared for new games in the future and being able to play then at high/ultra settings.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): C++ / C# Programming (2 monitors makes that easier)
    Parts that can be reused: Can reuse my harddisk (would like a SSD though) and optical drive
    Do you need an OS?: Yes I do need an OS, Win8.1 preferably
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: Would need new monitors, but kinda decided to take 2x "LG 23EA63V-P" already. Any advise is welcome ofcourse. (Money saved on the monitors can be added to the 'computer-budget')

As a new poster I don't think I can post links yet, so I will just name them. But I was thinking of these parts:
    Motherboard: Intel i5-4670K (~210 Euro)
    Graphics Card: R9 280X (~300 Euro)
    Memory: Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600 (~80 Euro)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 (~100 Euro)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) (~150 Euro)

However that would put me at ~840 Euro already and I'm still missing a Power Supply, Case, Operating System and CPU Cooler. It would most likely put me above my budget. Any advise on where to cut on the costs would be great :-)

Get a single IPS panel for gaming and a non-IPS panel as a secondary screen to save some. Gaming on two monitors would be awkward as the middle of the screen would be just between the monitors, so yeah, I suppose you're using the second one for secondary stuff.

CPU: i5-4670k ~200€
    CPU cooler: H60 ~60€
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ~100€
    GPU: Sapphire R9-280X (comes with BF4 if you're interested in that!) ~260€
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB ~60€
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB ~140€
    HDD: WD Blue 1TB ~50€
    Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha ~35€
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500W ~45€

Now, this is slightly over budget (35€) and doesn't include shipping, so a couple of options:
    - get a 120GB SSD instead of a 250GB one
    - reuse your old HDD instead of the new WD
    - get a 760 instead of the R9-280X
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2014-01-12 at 02:03 AM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

How much would the the difference be between R9 280X and the 760 ? (as in performance, not Euros )

Quote Originally Posted by raanegaw View Post
    How much would the the difference be between R9 280X and the 760 ? (as in performance, not Euros )
    ~25-30% difference.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Why not go amd since you need so much stuff? go for the amd fx 8350 which is cheaper than the i5 you listed, and a lot faster
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...t-Core&id=1780 vs http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?....40GHz&id=1921

you'll need to change the mobo, but you can find one similar at that price range easily

Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    Why not go amd since you need so much stuff? go for the amd fx 8350 which is cheaper than the i5 you listed, and a lot faster
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...t-Core&id=1780 vs http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?....40GHz&id=1921

you'll need to change the mobo, but you can find one similar at that price range easily
    Yeah, on multithreaded performance, which matters in very few applications the OP hasn't listed (e.g. streaming, video rendering, 3d modeling).

The FX-8350 is 30 to 40% behind in single threaded performance which is what matters to about 99% of the games out there.

Horrible advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Yeah, on multithreaded performance, which matters in very few applications the OP hasn't listed (e.g. streaming, video rendering, 3d modeling).

The FX-8350 is 30 to 40% behind in single threaded performance which is what matters to about 99% of the games out there.

Horrible advice.
    You are right on the single thread performance, wasn't aware of this much difference.
    I'll disagree however on the "99% of the games". 99% of the games will run just fine with either a 8350 or the i5. If he was into overclocking i would even suggest the 8320 which is 100 bucks cheaper, can be overclocked fairly easily into being an 8350 and can perform just fine.

In any case, trashing the 8350 in two words "horrible advice", seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    You are right on the single thread performance, wasn't aware of this much difference.
    I'll disagree however on the "99% of the games". 99% of the games will run just fine with either a 8350 or the i5. If he was into overclocking i would even suggest the 8320 which is 100 bucks cheaper, can be overclocked fairly easily into being an 8350 and can perform just fine.

In any case, trashing the 8350 in two words "horrible advice", seems a bit harsh, don't you think?
    Considering that the one game the OP knows he's playing for sure is one affected by CPU limitations where the 4670k would show all the 30 to 40% performance increase, no, saying horrible advice isn't harsh. There's literally only one situation where going for an 8350 is advised: a low budget rendering station. This isn't it.