Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Elixir master used to be the go to specialization for alchemy because raiders need them all the time. For whatever reason guilds hoard their own elixirs now so there is not so much demand. Potions like Virmen's Bite make good gold for PvPers. I make about 5000g a day just by crafting those.

Living Steel transmutes were hot in the start of MoP by crafters, I don't know how the market is right now.

I personally always go with transmutation master. I had alchemy/blacksmithing on my WARLOCK. It pays off. Livingsteel is really expensive.

Deleted
    If you go for transmute master, do it for primal diamonds, living steel isnt worth it so late in expansion, sky golems sale for less then half their value when they were added

Made killer bank in early MoP off making flasks via multiple Sunsong Ranches. That market went in the toilet though (flask prices are half what they were then). Had some success with potions as of late and I've still been getting 18-20k per Sky Golem (and can now make 3 a month). It's not massive gold, but it adds up. Transmuting trillium is another possible option.

Alchemy has been very good to my wallet in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    till the last day of wotlk flasks were on high demand in bulks even, thats on a medium pve realm
    no offense player's were aware back then, they used most ingame resources to improve gameplay
    but these days you rarely see anyone with a flask or food for raiding most of them bobbing their heads spamming 2-3 buttons
    You're either in the wrong guild or only doing LFR. Either way, proper guilds use flasks on normal/heroic, even if they're farming content.

Crystal of Insanity put a huge hit to the market for flasks. +500 to ALL stats is often as useful as +1000 to one stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Crystal of Insanity put a huge hit to the market for flasks. +500 to ALL stats is often as useful as +1000 to one stat.
    Not when it has 15 minute cooldown and, more important, is removed after death.

Deleted
    I don't really use Alch to make gold, Though I do sell some flasks and living steels

I made 100k in a month from buying trillium bars or ghost iron bars and making living steel. It probably would have been triple if I wasn't lazy and farmed. Gems also sell for shitloads.....although they wont next expansion.

You'd be better off with having mining on a toon, buying the ore, smelting it yourself and then transmuting into trillium bars/living steel. More procs and cheaper capex.

I used Alchemy for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    I buy green quality purple, orange, and green gems and transmute them to the blue quality gems then make primal diamonds. With the procs from both sets of transmutes, if I just sold the mats back I'd make profit. I then have a jc cut them into the strength, agility, and intellect meta gems. The last set I sold I paid 5k for mats and earned 20k profit. It does depend on your realms economy though. It's best to sell them on Tuesday and Wednesday after reset. They take some time to sell though. Good luck!
    This. Also if you want to make it big quickly, it's all about timing. I made 70k in a few weeks just by selling primals at the start of SoO. New raid tier = new loot = gem slots.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than all the information posted already, it's all about timing. See when the market is in demand, usually at the start of the week, it then dies down. Put auctions up when there is high price, high demand.
    Currently Procrastinating

Trillium Bars = Steady Money. If you're not interested in mining like me but have it at 600, buy the Ore cheap and make it into Ghost Iron Bars that you then transmute into Trillium. It's very steady money and there's always demand for these.

Deleted
    Yea the value of Flasks and Pots has dropped a lot, but sometimes spikes up again. The Primal Diamond would be worth looking into as people still buy them for meta gems or some buy 5 of these to rebuy an epic one from The Dark Prince after replacing a helm for a better one.

Transmute is the way to go for Alchy

Even though the xpac is winding down primal diamonds still are a huge seller cause it takes 5 primal diamonds to buy a legendary replacement diamond.

Though living steel is nolonger a huge seller like it was at the beginning i can still sell my proc or the living steel to people who want the golem mount

Also Transmute alchemists clean up during the start of any xpac

Edit** I would like to add the 500 plus crystal of insanity has crippled the flask market seeing how easy it is to farm that item these days.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2014-04-03 at 05:10 AM.

I'm gonna get Jewelcrafting up pronto on an alt. Primal Diamond market is looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    You're not going to make gold with elixirs nor potions when PvE race is long over and most of raiding guild have either took a break or have content on farm and don't need to be so serious with flasks etc.
    Methinks you don't understand how hardcore raiding works. There is no "it's on farm, time to never use flasks and pots again!". Flask, Food, Double Pot is mandatory.