Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Think twice, imagine everyone knew hunter was the best dps class cause it attack while moving and do sustained 300k dps. We would see raid comp with 6 hunters. Everyone would roll that cause raid leaders would only want hunters, because it's so good.

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by motorboatt View Post
    I get in PvP balance matters because when there's no balance its frustrating to play because you can be more skilled but still lose because of imbalance

    but what does it matter in PvE?

    people already pay 25 euro to change race/faction just to increase their dps by 1% from racials, why can't they just reroll to the best DPS spec too?
    its not like it matters if you shoot red bolts, purple bolts or arrows, does it?

    I'm no PvE player and I've never been, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind balancing PvE on the account of PvP balance
    Why would balance in pvp matters? Just a minigame after all

  3. #43
    I smell a troll. But regardless:

    You shouldn't have to sit a class/spec because it does less DPS than others. You should be able to play any class/spec you want within a role and be as close to equal at it in most situations as similar class/specs for that role.

    It's PvE getting messed up because of PvP idiocy that matters, though.

  4. #44
    The Patient Renx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    303
    Because everyone wants their raids to be 1 type of tank, 1 type of healer, 1 type of dps and a couple other guys for buffs Everyone also really really only likes to actually play those three classes. God damn, screw the other classes right?

    If you think PvP needs balance, it's the same season PvE needs balance. Let that logic sink in a bit and you'll have your answer.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by motorboatt View Post
    I get in PvP balance matters because when there's no balance its frustrating to play because you can be more skilled but still lose because of imbalance

    but what does it matter in PvE?

    people already pay 25 euro to change race/faction just to increase their dps by 1% from racials, why can't they just reroll to the best DPS spec too?
    its not like it matters if you shoot red bolts, purple bolts or arrows, does it?

    I'm no PvE player and I've never been, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind balancing PvE on the account of PvP balance
    If PvP is imbalanced then simply reroll to the best PvP spec. its not like it matters if you shoot red bolts, purple bolts or arrows, does it?

  6. #46
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I'm still wondering why there's PVP in WoW.
    Cus pve is boring? Comin from a vanilla player who has been in hardcore rading guilds.
    Sorry I like to have random challenges and not fighting againts npcs where you have to perfect a rotation. Where pvp there is no rotation and things feel more spontanous. My opinion.


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

    If you've got 13 90s I'd assume you'd know how different Feral Druid, Enhancement Shaman and Windwalker Monk are in terms of rotation and dealing with mechanics.
    They really aren't that different, stick to target, press rotation, pop cooldown early to maximize dps or save it for later parts in the fight.

    Watching dot timers vs watching brew stacks really isn't very different, considering ALL dps classes have to track their trinkets and such anyways.

    In PvP the differences are emphasized to such a degree that you rarely see the three in the same comp. Because their strenghts are wildly different. Stealth, burst and sustained. Compared to pve where they are just generic melee dps #1+2+3

  8. #48
    Because it's a PVE game...?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    They really aren't that different, stick to target, press rotation, pop cooldown early to maximize dps or save it for later parts in the fight.

    Watching dot timers vs watching brew stacks really isn't very different, considering ALL dps classes have to track their trinkets and such anyways.

    In PvP the differences are emphasized to such a degree that you rarely see the three in the same comp. Because their strenghts are wildly different. Stealth, burst and sustained. Compared to pve where they are just generic melee dps #1+2+3
    Maybe you should do PvE beyond LFr before you talk about PvE, because playing a shadow priest and playing a demonology warlock is not the same. Classes DO still have Burst vs sustained Dps. Back in DS on heroic spine you needed burst dps for the tendons, so sustained dps couldn't make the cut until nerfs happened.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Cus pve is boring? Comin from a vanilla player who has been in hardcore rading guilds.
    Sorry I like to have random challenges and not fighting againts npcs where you have to perfect a rotation. Where pvp there is no rotation and things feel more spontanous. My opinion.
    Pst...raid bosses now are not the same as vanilla-->Wrath rotations don't exist

  10. #50
    You can finnish your circlejerk but you would never see 6x same dps class in average normal/hc raids cause of gear>>class balance.
    Mages could bring 20% more dps and you wouldnt play 6x mage because that means 5 shitty geared mages or 6 average geared which would do all less damage than a raid that could make use or every gear drop.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You can finnish your circlejerk but you would never see 6x same dps class in average normal/hc raids cause of gear>>class balance.
    Mages could bring 20% more dps and you wouldnt play 6x mage because that means 5 shitty geared mages or 6 average geared which would do all less damage than a raid that could make use or every gear drop.
    Crafted pieces coin rolls world boss drops would fix that, and they could simply funnel the gear around. If one class was significantly broken they would be taken more often. Probably not 6 but definitely 3 or so in a 10M

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Crafted pieces coin rolls world boss drops would fix that, and they could simply funnel the gear around. If one class was significantly broken they would be taken more often. Probably not 6 but definitely 3 or so in a 10M
    I don't think many would go through the trouble , i can see doing first kills in progress with 6x same class as they have the whole duration of the previous content to get mages geared in seperate raids but the average raid would at best probably hold 2.

    Anyway i would balance dps completly different:
    Give every boss encounter a dps modifier for each class. If a class is bad at an encounter just increase its damage modifier.
    Wouldnt screw with any other content this way.

  13. #53
    Don't people race change for better pvp racials too?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Don't people race change for better pvp racials too?
    Does happen not that often though as some races stayed good since classic (orcs / undead) and pvp players sticked with them.
    What happens a lot is rerolling classes especially as fotm classes change more often than racials.

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,043
    PvE matters because this is a PvE central game.

    PvP was only a side mini game, balance isn't as important.

    amidoingitright?

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,353
    To be honest, I find it quite stupid that blizzard just buffs classes mid-raid tier. It actually doesn't make sense because those who know how to play have already gotten their achies etc. PvE interferes with PvP and visa versa, blame blizzard for being lazy because they CBA balancing PvP and PvE more properly.

    But I do have to agree that I get genuinely frustrated after seeing buffs like the latest hotfix buffs, simply because the classes they buffed were already exceptionally strong in PvP.
    They buffed "middle of the pack" DPS for PvE, while also fucking up PvP big time, just because those DPS can do 5-10% more DPS.

    Meanwhile, shadow priests are still bottom list DPS and not even looked at. Like, I don't get this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    PvE matters because this is a PvE central game.

    PvP was only a side mini game, balance isn't as important.

    amidoingitright?
    Yes, except WoW is probably the biggest MMO with active PvP on it, which blizzard doesn't seem to really care about as much as other MMOs that are actually more or less PvP oriented with less players.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You can finnish your circlejerk but you would never see 6x same dps class in average normal/hc raids cause of gear>>class balance.
    Mages could bring 20% more dps and you wouldnt play 6x mage because that means 5 shitty geared mages or 6 average geared which would do all less damage than a raid that could make use or every gear drop.
    No it just meant you wouldn't accept warlocks/spriests.

    Also coin rolls/warforged world bosses make gearing very easy.

  18. #58
    PvE balance is typically important only if you raid (normal or hard mode stuff).... outside of that it really doesn't matter in most cases because you're not going to die. As for PvP i don't think it will ever be balanced to be honest, new stuff comes in and shakes everything up, and then they gotta try to fix it before the next patch with new stuff comes out.

  19. #59
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

    Pst...raid bosses now are not the same as vanilla-->Wrath rotations don't exist
    Uhm lol? In order to do the best dps in pve ypu need to pay attention to ur rotation ... how is this removed? I think u mean something else..


  20. #60
    Stood in the Fire Taronar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between the bar and my computer!
    Posts
    357
    Funny how PvP people still think that aspect of the game is harder than PvE. PvP is just about keeping CC up, throwing an interupt and dance around a pillar. PvE however is focussing on how the entire group progresses. Making sure non of your 25 man is standing in fire and keeps focussing on the keyaspects of the encounter. Popping raid cooldowns in time. Maximise total damage-output with combining buffs while also checking the mana-stats on healers and health/threat stats on your MT.

    I think you get the point...
    (ty catcleopatra for the awesome .gif!)
    My blood Death Knight http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taronar/simple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •