Thread: Flex 2 problems

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flex 2 problems

It seems that this week, people have forgotten how to do Flex 2 or something. Throughout the course of yesterday and today, I've gotten into eight separate groups for Flex 2, and all of them failed miserably on Galrakas.

Flex 1 and 3? Breezed through them, 1shotting everything. But I guess Galrakas ate his wheaties or something. Though it seems to be less the boss being hard, and more "half the raid ragequits after 1-2 wipes".

Sometimes you just get shitty groups, can't really do anything about it.

Instead of getting into 8 fail groups why didn't you make your own and lead them to victory? I suspect its because bitching is easier than doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Instead of getting into 8 fail groups why didn't you make your own and lead them to victory? I suspect its because bitching is easier than doing right?
    Because I can totally control how well the 13 other people play, right?

Thanks for the insult, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    FLEX p2 needs a good leader at least for Galakras. That's it. If the group leader is a fail, then you cannot kill it, unless the group consists of people who have killed before and are 100% sure what they are doing even w/o raid leaders commands.

Mainly people quit if you wipe few times on the first boss just cause of the mentality "you cannot kill first one, it is a fail group and cannot kill later bosses", but they tend to neglect that the "first boss in a wing" is not always the easiest.

Ye you can. Give them clear orders, if they fail, kick from group, find new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Thanks for the insult, though.
    yes to some degree u can via inviting ahead of curve 550+ people only

Flex is just horrible period. No matter what requirements you set, the group always manages to consist of 50% LFR mentaility a.k.a LULWUTARETACTICS? Oh we wiped once? CULATARLOLNOOBS

In terms of Flex Part 2 I can only expathise with the OP...last week I got a group going on 3 occasions. 3 of the DPS doing less than 80k. Tower grps apparently never having to understand that you don't go up before the siege is down. To top it all off, you spend a long time getting the grp together, and after the first wipe 3-4ppl quit.

The LFR syndrome is like a disease to all PuG groups. I'm just sticking to normal guild farms for alts from now on. This is why the whole notion of Raid PuG's is nonsense, how can tactics be followed / learnt when the majority just auto attack in LFR and bypass any mechanic? GG

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Flex is just horrible period. No matter what requirements you set, the group always manages to consist of 50% LFR mentaility a.k.a LULWUTARETACTICS? Oh we wiped once? CULATARLOLNOOBS

In terms of Flex Part 2 I can only expathise with the OP...last week I got a group going on 3 occasions. 3 of the DPS doing less than 80k. Tower grps apparently never having to understand that you don't go up before the siege is down. To top it all off, you spend a long time getting the grp together, and after the first wipe 3-4ppl quit.

The LFR syndrome is like a disease to all PuG groups. I'm just sticking to normal guild farms for alts from now on. This is why the whole notion of Raid PuG's is nonsense, how can tactics be followed / learnt when the majority just auto attack in LFR and bypass any mechanic? GG
    So you make bad groups and lead them badly and suddenly flex sucks?

Have you considered, like the OP that the problem lies with you?

Others differ but when I ran flex raids I made comms mandatory because theres its pretty simple to say "don't go up until the siege engine is dead" or "derpface did 80k dps and it contributed to the wipe so I'm replacing him so we can get a smooth run". It's like anything, you get out what you put in. If you choose to take 3 complete idiots who can't play then you vetted them badly. That's not flexes fault.

So you make bad groups and lead them badly and suddenly flex sucks?

Have you considered, like the OP that the problem lies with you?

Others differ but when I ran flex raids I made comms mandatory because theres its pretty simple to say "don't go up until the siege engine is dead" or "derpface did 80k dps and it contributed to the wipe so I'm replacing him so we can get a smooth run". It's like anything, you get out what you put in. If you choose to take 3 complete idiots who can't play then you vetted them badly. That's not flexes fault.
    Considering I explained the tactics, marked everything, hand held, have full normal cleared...no, no I don't think the problem is with the person getting the group.

You mentioned forcing voice comms when you ran Flex...honestly I have never seen anyone use voice comms for a Flex run, and the mere idea of using it with randoms is just not something I would do. I agree you get what you put in, but if you have someone leading that sets reasonable ilvl and achievement req, then explains all the tactics and is patient, you expect a little bit more in return yunno?

I just hate Galakras altogether. Have not been able to down that fight in a pug, and Id say I have pugged it about 6 or 7 times on my alts. While we can easily down it within our own guild Flex runs. Its a horrible fight because so many things can go wrong too easily.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2014-01-09 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It seems that this week, people have forgotten how to do Flex 2 or something. Throughout the course of yesterday and today, I've gotten into eight separate groups for Flex 2, and all of them failed miserably on Galrakas.

Flex 1 and 3? Breezed through them, 1shotting everything. But I guess Galrakas ate his wheaties or something. Though it seems to be less the boss being hard, and more "half the raid ragequits after 1-2 wipes".
    i have gootten loads of problems with flexi grps being unable tto do galakras and thol dono why, havent managed toget a grp for flexi grp outside 4 yet i swapped to my main for garoah coz my dk was very low geared

- - - Updated - - -

when ive been in a grp for flexi 2 ive yet to wipe to lack pf dps the wiping usualy more to do with ppl not having a clue sadly even with a good raidleader

Deleted
    Considering I explained the tactics, marked everything, hand held, have full normal cleared...no, no I don't think the problem is with the person getting the group.

You mentioned forcing voice comms when you ran Flex...honestly I have never seen anyone use voice comms for a Flex run, and the mere idea of using it with randoms is just not something I would do. I agree you get what you put in, but if you have someone leading that sets reasonable ilvl and achievement req, then explains all the tactics and is patient, you expect a little bit more in return yunno?

I'm 14/14 Heroic and I demand everyone to log on TS, when we do our weekly Flex run - even raiders. If pugs don't wanna log on TS, they can fuck off. I have to agree with others, when they ask if it may be the leader i.e you and the OP in some cases, that bares part of the blame though. You being 14/14 Normal means nothing, if you can't figure out how to properly assemble a group. Check achievements for instance or require a minimum ilvl.

To both you and the OP: If you bring people who do 80k dps, then clearly they're either bad or they're crap geared. If they're so bad that they can't push more than 80k, then the odds are they don't even have a Garrosh kill. If they're doing 80k cause their gear is that shit, you failed at checking them before you invited them.

On rare occasions I do join a pug Flex group on an alt. I always check people's HP and if it's below 600k, I inspect them.

This being said, I know that people will often say "LF 1M Tank Flex part 1 - good group" etc. but in reality they're just a bunch of failers. The moral of the story is, that if you want to be sure you get a smooth run, don't pug it. Do a run with your guild/friends or ask the decent guilds on your server, if you can join, when they're doing a run.

my flex 2 today, 2 ppl over 100K DPS and nobody used the cannon to shoot down drakes no matter how many times I told them to

You didn't "explain" the tacts. You typed them out. Its a huge difference and that's why I like voicecomms. People being hesitant to use them makes me laugh. It's a tool to do the job. not some dark magic waiting to steal your soul *speaking to new people is scary!*

And yes the problem is with you. You hand picked 9-13 other people and they failed at the task assigned. How is that not on your head? Imagine one day when you're grown up and you recruit a team of complete incompetent gobshites to do a project and they fail. Are you just going to tell your boss it was your teams fault because they sucked?

You might be prepared to chat with 12yr olds to down a dragon but i only want to with guild members I actually know. It's not about 'ooooo new people are scary' it's about - do I really want to be in a conversation with Juan Carlos a 10 year old Boy that rages?

If that is the difference between ensuring a successful PuG then I take my hat off to you.

Also get sick of fail analogies 'let me use this in-game pixel argument, turn it into a real life situation and bingo, you are now to blame and an idiot'.

TL;DR - I just think it is a shame that a simple feature like Flex takes so much time to set-up and then fails after the first wipe. Enjoy those voice comms buddy.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Experience suggests Tower Teams are learning to fly and people don't understand that 'stacking' thing. Sympathize with the OP, as every PUG Flex 2 Group I've joined apart from one (which I joined on Dark Shaman) has failed to down Galakras.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I belive the pro people are either unsubbed or out gearing Flex this late in 5.4 tbh, at least i am

Enjoy those voice comms buddy.
    Likewise, enjoy nerdraging on the forums about what a shit feature it is and spend hours wiping and looking for groups instead of using simple practical solutions.

enjoy nerdraging
    1 post highlighting some fundamental issues is clearly a nerd rage

spend hours wiping
    as the OP said and a few of us since, this is not an option since every grp disbands after the first wipe so again your /point?

instead of using simple practical solutions.
    It's a crap solution to a problem that should not exist.

Deleted
    I think that the problem with part 2 (in lfr and flex) is that you really should communicate with others (who goes to the tower, when to shoot galakras down etc.) on those bosses and that usually fails in random/pug groups.