Random disconnects?

Is anyone else randomly getting d/c'd from the server's side? I'm very sure it's not my internet, because nothing else disconnects (Skype works fine, web pages load fine), but at random, WoW will disconnect me. Furthermore, when this happens, it prevents me from logging in for about 10 seconds, immediately giving me "Disconnected from server" if I try to log in.

What's going on? This has been happening for about a week now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing's been happening to me as well, but for like the last 2 months now. Pretty sure it's my wi-fi connection, but nothing else disconnects. Are you running a direct line or wi-fi?

I've been having this too...
    Sometimes it locks up my client too and I have to Alt+f4 is...
    I thought it was just me, cause I'm the only one its happening to in my raid group...
    I stay connected to Vent, and my stream stays connected but WoW goes Kerplunk.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, been happening since sometime after 5.4 dropped.

I will be abruptly disconnected, the rest of my internets are fine, and the Battle.net client will tell me I am disconnected and take 30 sec - 2 min to get hooked back up.

Annoying as all hell when it happens most of the way through LFR and I wind up back at my hearth when I log back in, no valor, no satchel, no Vision of Time done, et cetera.

I want to point out that in general, TCP/IP connections take most of a minute (or longer) to drop if you just "pull the plug" or if the connection is physically interrupted somewhere between clients. What has been happening to me and I think a bunch of other people is that the connection goes down very quickly (a couple seconds). The only way that can happen is if the connection is forcibly terminated at one end or the other. So it is not a "my wireless is sketchy" problem or "my phone line is noisy" problem or a "my connection sometimes drops for 10 sec and then comes back up" problem because NONE of those would cause this kind of disconnect.

There is something either at our computers or at Blizzard or in the middle that is forcing the TCP/IP stream closed.

I suspect that Blizzard has added some anti-duping/anti-exploit network "technology" to the 5.4 client. Many exploits in the past have relied on the client continuing to operate while temporarily disconnected. I believe Blizzard may have attempted "fix" this by aggressively terminating the connection to Blizzard if it seems that a client is not communicating properly, but in the process Blizzard has fucked up a bunch of innocent users.
    Last edited by Normie; 2014-01-12 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yup, been happening since sometime after 5.4 dropped.

I will be abruptly disconnected, the rest of my internets are fine, and the Battle.net client will tell me I am disconnected and take 30 sec - 2 min to get hooked back up.

Annoying as all hell when it happens most of the way through LFR and I wind up back at my hearth when I log back in, no valor, no satchel, no Vision of Time done, et cetera.

I want to point out that in general, TCP/IP connections take most of a minute (or longer) to drop if you just "pull the plug" or if the connection is physically interrupted somewhere between clients. What has been happening to me and I think a bunch of other people is that the connection goes down very quickly (a couple seconds). The only way that can happen is if the connection is forcibly terminated at one end or the other. So it is not a "my wireless is sketchy" problem or "my phone line is noisy" problem or a "my connection sometimes drops for 10 sec and then comes back up" problem because NONE of those would cause this kind of disconnect.

There is something either at our computers or at Blizzard or in the middle that is forcing the TCP/IP stream closed.

[/b]I suspect that Blizzard has added some anti-duping/anti-exploit network "technology" to the 5.4 client. Many exploits in the past have relied on the client continuing to operate while temporarily disconnected. I believe Blizzard may have attempted "fix" this by aggressively terminating the connection to Blizzard if it seems that a client is not communicating properly, but in the process Blizzard has fucked up a bunch of innocent users.[b]
    If that's it then yeah...
    I disconnected 5 times in one night... as our groups main tank this caused 5 separate wipes that night...

Deleted
    Got this since MOP, still have same problems.... only way to avoid random disconnects is to use VPN program witch cost 8-10 E per month... so yea.. GG blizz, and their pro anti cheating what so ever system. But yea VPN program SOLVE your random disconnecting problems... activate that and no more disconnects

Deleted
    Some abilities can make you disconect. Chance is low but it can happen. From my exp. Gobling glider, disengade (both in moment you touch the ground). Still today.

In past Charge and Intervene could do that aswell. All these rapid distance change abilities. But dont know if it is still a issue.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-01-31 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cristipvp View Post
    Got this since MOP, still have same problems.... only way to avoid random disconnects is to use VPN program witch cost 8-10 E per month... so yea.. GG blizz, and their pro anti cheating what so ever system. But yea VPN program SOLVE your random disconnecting problems... activate that and no more disconnects
    And it hasn't occurred to you that if it works with a VPN then the problem is on your end and not Blizzard's? Probably it's your ISP having network congestion and then going "fuck this guy, he's just playing games". With a VPN your traffic is encrypted and they can't see what you're doing so they drop some other poor guy instead.