Thread: new pc build

Deleted

new pc build

hello everyone im about to change my old cpu and motherboard with Intel Core i7 4770 (1150/3.4GHz/8MB) and MSI H87-G43 Gaming my gpu is 660TI and will stay as it is for now. my question is if my power supply will be fine or i will have to change it im using thermaltake Litepower 700W http://www.thermaltake.com/products-...?id=C_00001877
    also if its easy i would like to explain me in a few words what i should check in order to see if the power suply is ok for a pc build
    Last edited by mmoc209c357abe; 2014-01-12 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    First of all, a psu must have a good efficiency (for example the cheapest corsair psu has 80%+ efficiency). I can't find the efficiency of your model but i don't really trust thermaltake. In any case, higher efficiency=less loss of power=less heat=bigger longevity. Next time you buy a psu, stick with brands you can trust, like corsair.
    A bad psu can really mess up your system, it won't provide enough power, it will produce a lot of heat and if you keep more than 2-3 years it will increase the chance of something getting fried(had that happen to a friend of mine who had a really sh**ty psu, no brand, with 60% efficiency)

To check how much power your system needs, use this site: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp

One more thing to remember, is that any psu will start providing less energy to your system as time passes. If you plan on keeping a psu for more than 2 years, you should really invest in a good psu.

Last thing you need to check is if your max output on your psu rails match the requirements of your gpu and cpu, but after a QUICK look, i don't think you'll have problems in this area.

Your PSU will be fine, it has 48A on the 12V line as opposed to the 24A required by the card. Now, it doesn't seem like a good quality PSU since of the 700W it can only output 576 to the 12V rail, but it's so much overboard that it's probably going to be fine anyways.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760