View Poll Results: Which race is your Shaman and which race is your Paladin?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play a Shaman (Draenei)

71 27.73%
  • I play a Shaman (Dwarf)

40 15.63%
  • I play a Shaman (Goblin)

19 7.42%
  • I play a Shaman (Orc)

50 19.53%
  • I play a Shaman (Tauren)

19 7.42%
  • I play a Shaman (Troll)

33 12.89%
  • I play a Shaman (Pandaren)

36 14.06%
  • I play a Paladin (Draenei)

36 14.06%
  • I play a Paladin (Dwarf)

23 8.98%
  • I play a Paladin (Human)

86 33.59%
  • I play a Paladin (Blood Elf)

88 34.38%
  • I play a Paladin (Tauren)

33 12.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Create View Post
    Dwarf and Dwarf. Because Dwarfs.
    Enough said!

Bloodsail Admiral Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    My shaman are Pandaren. Mostly because I like the casting animation and their design, but might race-change when new models come, interesting to see. :>

While my paladin is a Draenei, always liked them because they are such different race, not a regular elf or dwarf that is common in most fantasy settings. So going to be fun to see more of them in WOD for sure.
    Mix red and blue, what do we get?

Horde + Alliance = Epic

I play a dwarf shaman because dwarves are always some of the best races in any fantasy medium. Dwarf shamans are just badass.

I don't play paladins because they are BORING

Shaman's a Draenei, since that was the only option available at the time. Might change it to Pandaren soon.
    Paladin's a Dwarf. I tried a couple of Human ones over the years and never really liked them. Then the class changed enough that in Cata I levelled the dorf.

Goblin shaman because for some reason, the idea of a goblin going against the grain and respecting nature tickles me.

Paladin is a belf because it was my only choice at the time!

Orc shammy and a Tauren pally that used to be a Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Draenei and Draenei, because Draenei.
    Same with the priest/mage/hunter. Pandas? (demoman's voice) Ahhh nooooooooo.
    Last edited by pootispencer; 2014-01-12 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but you desperately need to take like a basic englsih class at a community college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    A solution for demon hunter lovers:
    Condoms lubricated with holy water is the best solution I can come up with.

Horde (My main faction): Orc Shaman because they're iconic. Blood Elf Paladin because I made her as soon as they became available and that was the only choice. I would probably stick with Blood Elf even now, though; I love Tauren but they just don't look right.

Alliance: Draenei Shaman because I love her look. Human Paladin because that just seems a classic choice.

To be honest - and I guess this makes me old-school or just picky or something - Paladins on Horde side and Shaman on Alliance side still don't look right to me =P

Dwarf shaman. Because dwarfs are awesome sauce.

Dwarf shammy and human pally
    I5 3570k @4.4GHz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | CM Hyper 212 Evo | G. Skill Sniper 8gb 2133 | Sandisk Extreme 120gb | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 OC| Rosewill Future Mid Tower | Seasonic M12II 520W | Planar 27" + Dell 23" lcd monitors |

The Patient
    Both Tauren because that's all I play, apart from a belf hunter and warlock, and a worgen rogue for the sake of having one because she rocks-socks.

Human (male) Paladin and Draenei (female) Shaman, also have a goblin (female) shaman that I haven't played as much.

My main (paladin) is currently human, but I've been Tauren, Dwarf, and Draenei in the past. I ultimately kept myself as human because it was a good mix of looking good in armor and on mounts. I have an alt paladin that is Draenei as well. My only shaman is an Orc. Started out as a name holder, but I started playing it out of boredom and had some fun so I kept it.

My paladin is a blood elf. A lot of my toons are blood elves, but race changing in the future may be possible given the new character models. I play mostly horde, but if I were alliance my paladin would probably be draenei.

As for shaman. Well, I've never played one. If, one day, I decide to roll one and assuming I'm rolling horde: Probably troll or pandaren. Alliance, again, would be draenei.

Why? Aesthetics, mostly. Though, it's not what I'm most concerned with. But these classes have limited race availability, and I would never play a goblin or dwarf, and I simply don't like the current human models.

Edit: Just want to add; I think tauren are great and all, but I don't think I would really ever see myself playing them. No reason, really. Just not very interested in playing one.
    Last edited by Kokoa; 2014-01-12 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    And what drew you to become the specific race for your Shaman and Paladin?
    Orc Shaman and Blood Elf Paladin. And I think the reasons are pretty obvious. Blood Elf Paladin was the only option on Horde side at the time. And Orc is the most notable Shaman race.

Male belf paladin on EU, fembelf on US.

I've never levelled a shaman past 20 or so and I can't remember its race. ;_;

Dwarf.

/tenchars

Well I have a lot of toons so here we go....

On the Alliance side my Shaman is a Draenei.
    I loved the short story Unbroken and it really made fall in love with the Draenei's connection to shamanism even though it is a trait that feels far more at home with the broken than the Draenei themselves. I also have a lot of Dwarves so it was nice to mix things up. If however with the new models we are able to make Wildhammer Dwarves I will race change him to one immediately as I feel the Wildhammer Dwarves have much stronger connection to the elements than a regular Draenei would.

For my Horde Shaman I chose an Orc as I loved their story of shamanism and how they lost reclaimed it through their story and I also like Thrall (Well WC3 Thrall). Out of all the Horde races I feel they have one of the most in depth and persistent stories when it comes the them and shamanism.

Now for my Paladins .

My Alliance Paladin is a Dwarf. They look great for starters and Dwarves are my favourite race. I also like the Silver Hand much more compared to say the Vindicators. I wouldn't say Dwarves are steeped in Paladin lore as much as I would like but as part of the Silver Hand they do have a lot of background fluff from the organisation.
    Atm this Paladin is my main toon.

The race i chose for my Horde Paladin was a Blood Elf. Initially this was before Tauren could play Paladins so it was a no brainer anyway at the time. Blood Elves are my favourite Horde race in terms of lore (Although I prefer other races aesthetics more) which is what I like when choosing a race, the Blood Knights also have quite a lot of lore from TBC what with Liadrin and the re-ignition of the Sunwell. While I under stand the reasoning for Tauren Paladins they just don't feel any where near as legit as a Blood Knight does especially when the lore of the two is compared.

Been playing a male Draenei Shaman since I started back in TBC, and it has been my main since
    Also got a Dwarf & Draenei Paladin I level once in a while.

My Paladin is a human because rep.. and my Shaman is a Dwarf because archeology