Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I don't understand why some of you people consider interrupts and snares as CC... CC, at least to me, is something that takes you out of the fight for a few moments (fears, stuns, etc).
    Because interrupts have been confirmed to be among the abilities they're looking at nerfing and/or removing along with cc in WoD. It doesn't really matter whether they technically belong under the same word or not.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-01-12 at 07:02 PM.

I can live without psyfiend.

As a Disc Priest, I have Psychic Scream and one CC tier. They can make Void Snare baseline and I'd happily lose Mind Control and Psyfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    and leaves the rogue with 0 energy and nearly no damage done. subterfuge CCing comes with a cost.

@topic: as a rogue i'd be willing to give up paralytic poison and sap.
    that is a complete fucking lie which is obvious because of the 30-40% of your health that you lose to a rogue attacking you while still in stealth.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I would like it like this for Priests, but it wouldn't work with the current talent system which is kinda unflexible because of "must be 3 choices each tier" and other limitations:

Discipline and Holy get:
    One CC of your choice (except Psychic Horror and Silence).

Shadow gets:
    Psychic Horror or Silence and one CC of your choice (except Psychic Horror or Silence).

The only thing I don't like about that is that Psychic Scream is such an iconic Priest spell (probably more than Mind Control was) and it just doesn't feel right to remove it from Priests as a baseline spell. But for gameplay considerations only, this would be the ideal solution imo as it leaves the wider choices to the player.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-13 at 04:49 PM.

As a Ret Paladin, I don't feel we actually have 'that' much CC since they made the Judgement snare non-baseline. Blinding Light has a 2 min CD which balances it I think; though a compromise i'd accept is a longer CD on Fist of Justice which is a very strong stun. If anything, I wouldn't mind if they gave it the same CD as Hammer of Justice; the main 'perk' to Fist of Justice being the 20 yard range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: Blinding light and Fear, i dont care too much about fear, however blinding light was a huge dissapointment for an 87 spell.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of it from all classes
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    that is a complete fucking lie which is obvious because of the 30-40% of your health that you lose to a rogue attacking you while still in stealth.
    You have nearly 5000 posts to your name. While you may not agree with other people, such language is not necessary. People will post controversial comments, with your post count you should know better than to fan the flames.

Sorry but as a shaman if one of our CC's got removed we would be considerably weak. Now if we must I would say capcitor totem since almost every shaman roots then capacitors and its just an extra GCD. But to be 100% you could remove one even two CC from other classes and it would still have the same amount of CC as a shaman. The problem with a lot of CC IE fear, sheep, etc it has no cool down which means using it is free will for myself being a shaman my totems have cooldowns and my hex has a cooldown so lining up to lock someone down is much more difficult and imo the way the game should be played. Shaman CC is perfect the way it is classes should have CC more like shamans no spammable CC's. This is from resto persepctive inb4 your class OP. Yes and no. The skill cap required to play a resto shaman above 1800 rating would grant me atleast 2k as any other healer if not higher yes I have played other healing classes in arenas and yes they are much easier. Especially the ones that can spam a certain tornado on you. Cough Cough im looking at you druids...
    Last edited by Litharium; 2014-01-12 at 07:27 PM.

cyclone. seriously, cyclone.

this one move is just "so op" that we can't have a bajillion stuns or an immunity or multiple CCs on different DRs because, hey, we have cyclone.

fuck cyclone. cyclone gets trinketed and then its on DR and then whats left - root? fuckin root that breaks on damage, can be dispelled, and half the classes in the game can break out of it without using a trinket anyway. also, its not terribly effective against ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of you that poly, fear, and cyclone could use cooldowns.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

As a Death Knight: Chains of Ice. Only if we get Chilblains on passive on Icy Touch and HB (for the main target only). Not much else I could think of, barely have any.

As a Monk: Either - Fist of Fury's stun, but make us able to move during. Or Leg Sweep, and fix the travel time and increase duration of Ox Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The only "CC" my main has is Deathgrip and chains of frost. If anything, I would like to see something more effective if we're going to be removing something from Deathknights.
    strangulate/asphixiation? pet stun?

double deathgrip needs to removed and asphixiation at least 1min

as for shamans, cap totem- just throw it in the garbage. and hex shouldn't be usable with NS (along with all instant casts + ccs) and lower the cd for elemental

Since CC breakers/escape mechanisms will also need be toned down when CC gets lowered, I'll take the liberty to address this issue as well: Remove them all from Priests, for all specs. With this I mean Body and Soul, Angelic Feather, Phantasm, Spectral Guise, Glyph of Penance and the 5 sec immunity from Inner Focus (or increase the cooldown of Inner Focus to at least 1m30s or so).

PvP-wise, Priests didn't have a lot of mobility and escape mechanisms in the past (only Psychic Scream), in stark contrast to e.g. Druids. Apparently, Priests didn't actually need them anyway, as they did well even without them. Instead, this weakness served as further encouragement to play as a team and support the Priest in your group if he was getting trained. The fact that Priests were given so many of these spells just demonstrates how much CC got out of hand, and it also shows how much classes have been homogenized ("give every tool to every class", in this case the tool is high mobility). The homogenization also leads to the same symptoms you can see, for example, in GW2 PvE where there aren't really any roles of dps/heal/tank: Everyone just does his own thing, teamplay isn't seen as often if there is no reliance on your team mates.

PvE-wise, I don't think those spells are really necessary. Content for small groups or solo is easy enough nowadays so that they aren't necessary there, and when playing content for large groups you have enough team mates to help you out. It simply becomes a question of homogenization again, and if Blizzard thinks Priests feel too weak without any of those spells.

In my opinion, the lack of these spells in the past made you feel more exposed, but it was also much more rewarding to outplay your opponent. I don't think it made it harder to achieve balance among classes. It should have been a case of "don't fix what isn't broken", but those spells got implemented anyway due to CC inflation and possibly Priest QQ. Hopefully a lot of it will get removed for Priests and other classes too.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-12 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as for shamans, cap totem- just throw it in the garbage
    Its more complicated to use but I think its a better example of what getting a good CC chain should require. Its sort of like Freezing trap, you have to set it up or its easily countered, but you can set it up with a teammate (though hunters should lose an instant to require teamwork). They get a CC off, then you follow it up with Cap, then follow that up with hex. Instead of this just hit your instant button setup we have now on so many classes.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    strangulate/asphixiation? pet stun?

double deathgrip needs to removed and asphixiation at least 1min
    And leave DKs with what exactly to stay on any ranged, or even a melee who wants to kite to take the piss?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    And leave DKs with what exactly to stay on any ranged, or even a melee who wants to kite to take the piss?
    unhealable damage half of which comes from range & pets? You still get to keep chains of ice and one death grip to set it up, but no more 'get outta kiting free' cards.

Ring of Frost, as it is unfortunately useless in raids, unless it will it be useful in leveling in WoD.

Deleted
    I know that scatter shot is really good, but I somehow never tend to use it :|

Makes me less of a good player tbh, but there's not that many situations where I have to use it in PvE situations.