Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Same comps over and over

Hey Guys.

What the hell is it with people playing the same comps over and over and over?

I don't PvP often, but I've done in excess of 50 2v2's and 3v3's tonight and nearly every combination seems to have some variant of either
    1) Hunter / Mage / Warrior
    2) Warrior / Mage / Healer
    3)Unholy DK / Mage / Healer
    4) Unholy Dk / Hunter / Healer

Ive never came across a combo tonight without either a hunter, mage, Unholy Dk, or a Warrior, or a Priest healer in it, it's those same comps over and over and over, I know there's only like 11 classes and a certain amount of specs, but every match seems to have the above in it, you never see Elemental shamans, Ret Paladins, Feral Druids, Enhancement shamans, none of that, every PvP class ive played has been one of those four, talk about FOTM.

I run 2s as a Rogue mainly with an Elemental Shaman around 1700 rating. We've done around 500 2s matches this season and once and only once saw a mirror comp. We nearly ^*!# ourselves.

Probably because the classes you mentioned are good in multiple comps while others, such as Feral Druid, are reliant on specific partners to maximize their potential (Symbiosis for example).

thats how pvp works, play the comp thats the best/easiest and work your rating up. People will always find the best, easiest, fast answer to everything

Did some days ago about 30 3s. We didnt meet a single caster besides frost mage and even that only 4 times. Rest was basicly as you said some sort of combo with warr/hunter/dk.

The last game we lost to hpala-double warr. After that we stoped xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    I don't think I've seen an unholy DK in 3s in weeks.
    Theyre rare but they always seem that they sit in blood presence so most people dont even realise.

Combos today - Hunter, Priest ( Holy / Disc), Arms Warr, Frost mage, and ASSASINATION ROGUE? ( Lord knows what thats about).

I'm doing my 100 3's wins with a Hunter and Feral Druid (me being Balance) and yeah, it's getting real stale fighting the same few comps over and over again.

I think the only comp that surprised us was a Disc Priest, Holy Priest and Ret Pally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you see some weird comps o.O

So far this season I've fought the following comps:

Warrior / Mage / Healer
    Warrior / Hunter / Healer
    Warrior / DK / Healer
    Warrior / Ret / Healer
    Warrior / Feral / Healer
    Warrior / Windwalker / Healer
    Warrior / Warrior / Healer
    Warrior / Warrior / Warrior (wish I were joking)
    Mage / Lock / Resto
    Mage / Mage / Priest

I have yet to fight a single comp this season that I can recall that lacked either a warrior or a mage - with the exception of one RMP, which we utterly destroyed - despite being triple undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    I'm doing my 100 3's wins with a Hunter and Feral Druid (me being Balance) and yeah, it's getting real stale fighting the same few comps over and over again.

I think the only comp that surprised us was a Disc Priest, Holy Priest and Ret Pally.
    Triple healer out-last comp - they must think they have a way to survive warrior damage...maybe an exploit? *smirk*
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Me and my Friends always want to open a bottle of champagne and shake hands when we meet something different than warrior comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Theyre rare but they always seem that they sit in blood presence so most people dont even realise.

Combos today - Hunter, Priest ( Holy / Disc), Arms Warr, Frost mage, and ASSASINATION ROGUE? ( Lord knows what thats about).
    You can see the spec at the start of the match? They sit in blood because their survival is shit outside of it.

I mostly do 2v2 but did a fair share of 3v3 already aswell and I agree, warrior, hunter, priests, mages and resto druids are insanely common. The thing that's most surprising is the low amount of rogues I've seen in 3v3. They seem very common in 2v2 though. Playing arena makes it so obvious which classes are fotm. :/

Then again, if 5/11 classes are this popular, balance shouldn't be too bad. I mean.. that's almost half of the classes (not specs though, not by a longshot) that's popular.

At the start of the season I was facing a lot of Warrior/X/Healer (mostly Mage DPS and Druid healers) comps. I must admit that after coming back after a month break it seems the meta has shifted slightly as we hardly faced any Warriors at all. Hunters, Rogues and DK's seemed way more common.

I never see any warrior comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Wow, you see some weird comps o.O

So far this season I've fought the following comps:

Warrior / Mage / Healer
    Warrior / Hunter / Healer
    Warrior / DK / Healer
    Warrior / Ret / Healer
    Warrior / Feral / Healer
    Warrior / Windwalker / Healer
    Warrior / Warrior / Healer
    Warrior / Warrior / Warrior (wish I were joking)
    Mage / Lock / Resto
    Mage / Mage / Priest

I have yet to fight a single comp this season that I can recall that lacked either a warrior or a mage - with the exception of one RMP, which we utterly destroyed - despite being triple undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Triple healer out-last comp - they must think they have a way to survive warrior damage...maybe an exploit? *smirk*
    Pretty much the same experience for me. All I can say is that Warrior and Mage are flavour of the month because they're so powerful for such little effort. My Warrior friend was complaining about how easy and dumbed down the specialization is. Wrath was a great state for Warriors.

It's a shame that these are all we see... I've seen Mage/Warrior in most compositions since 5.2, seriously...

The issue is the sheer number of classes and specs.
    Balance is a concept held in the minds of the over-optimistic.
    Too many choices now for that to happen.
    There will be comps which are simply superior.
    That will now always be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

2's comp, almost every match, Resto druid/ War

10+ Year Old Account
    I played against 6 different WMD in a row at 2k MMR, then 4 different KFC teams.

Was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Hunters have best cc and some of the dumbest / easiest damage in the game.

Mages have second best cc and also some of the dumbest / easiest damage in the current meta.

Warrior? You guessed it! Stun 'em, fear 'em, storm 'em, mass reflect and 2x interrupt 'em -- poof, dead. The downside is warrior has to actually be close to you, whereas the other two can do their thing from across the map.

Note how neither of the three classes above have the same DR on their CC. - in theory, if they get a druid healer, they can cc someone forever through shuffling stun / poly / cyclone / fear / freezes / roots / trap / scatter / wyvern.

Healers (priests / druids more than others) are just plain overpowered, which is why UH DK / necrotics are also in high demand since mortal strike doesn't really do anything.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2014-01-12 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Hunters have best cc and some of the dumbest / easiest damage in the game.

Mages have second best cc and also some of the dumbest / easiest damage in the current meta.

Warrior? You guessed it! Stun 'em, fear 'em, storm 'em, mass reflect and 2x interrupt 'em -- poof, dead. The downside is warrior has to actually be close to you, whereas the other two can do their thing from across the map.

Note how neither of the three classes above have the same DR on their CC. - in theory, if they get a druid healer, they can cc someone forever through shuffling stun / poly / cyclone / fear / freezes / roots / trap / scatter / wyvern.

Healers (priests / druids more than others) are just plain overpowered, which is why UH DK / necrotics are also in high demand since mortal strike doesn't really do anything.
    Dks are dumb because of a pve hotfix that was unnecessary as fuck. Conversion buff was cool but was dk damage that bad...

Deleted
    Hunter/mage/warrior? Unholy/mage/healer? Disc priest? I'm just curious, what rating is this? I'm not trying to bash you.
    All I meet is KFC.