Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I continue leveling my Prot Warrior

Okay so I want to do more in my spare time on WoW than just be a healer and I have decided I wanted to tank and at the moment my Paladins 2ndary spec is Protection and I am also leveling a Protection Warrior who is 36 right now.

Anyway I was wondering if I should continue leveling it because the people I have spoken to have said Prot Warrior are pretty bad and I shouldn't waste my time. So yeah I was wondering if it was worth leveling it?

Deleted
    Well all I can say and probably more is do what you like it is your account not of somebody else =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickening View Post
    Well all I can say and probably more is do what you like it is your account not of somebody else =)
    Yeah but I don't want to level something that is completely useless. So I was just wondering if Prot warrior are Viable and how good are they?

Who says prot warriors are bad? Wat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Who says prot warriors are bad? Wat
    Quite a few people I asked including some guildies.

I tend to just play whatever I enjoy most.

I have all classes on 90, and am pretty experienced with most of them. But right now, the only class I really enjoy to play is my warrior. Dps wise I find warriors not that much fun, but protection is amazing to be honest. So much mobility, so many utilities, it's great

I'd strongly advise you to carry on and see how you like the class at a higher level. I'm pretty positive you won't regret it, not even a little bit.

Deleted
    Out of all my tanks, i find my prot warrior the most fun to play.

No idea why prot warriors are 'useless' they have a fair amount of utility, loads of mobility and incredibly fun to play.

Play what you want to play, whichever class you find most fun - but give the prot warrior a try at max level before dismissing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. I'll Level this Warrior till 90 and Try some SoO LFR With it once I can get it.

Which leads me to another question... What Item Level would you say I need to have to be able to clear all 4 wings as a tank and not feel undergeared or be instantly kicked for shitty gear?

For Example Wing 1: 100
    Wing 2: 105

etc.

Deleted
    Whoever says warriors are bad... I don't even... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you should decide yourself.

Personally I hate my warrior. When he became 90 I more or less stripped him of gear and put some miner look alike on so now he is just a glorified lvl 90 miner/smelter
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot warriors are so so fun! I prefer my warrior over my paladin. But yes carry on with both tanks and do what you find comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    prot warriors offer the most solid overall experience of all the tanks. shield block is probably my favorite mechanic followed closely by savage defense. and shock wave is amazing for add control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. So yeah I know you can enter SoO LFR at 496 but what iLevel would you recommend for it and not get totally squished?

Deleted
    I would say level a warrior, if anyone says they are bad they are a joke and should go back to lfr. If you want the easyest tank go DK, but warrior is fun and offer alot of tools and moveabilities.
    For the questions about lfr, the higher gear the lower skill level you need. IMO 480 should be enough to do it good. Maby siege and garrosh will be hard. But the minimum to enter is more than enough!

Prot warriors are amazing, who would say otherwise?

Seriously? What do you bring to a siegecrafter heroic kill? PROT WARRIOR!!! Oh yeahhhhhhh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first of all, asking in a designated class forum if said class is really bad won´t yield useable results ^^ People tend always to glorify the class they play, you will rarely find an objective analysis.
    OT: Warriors are doing fine right now. Thanks to Riposte their damage output is compareable. Not Monk-like but definitly not sub par with other speccs. In terms of survivability we bring an awesome mix between mitigation of physical damage on the one hand and mitigation of unblockable or unavoidable damage on the other hand. Also, we simply take 25% reduced damage through or stance - that counts for magic and AoE effects. What catapults warriors from mediocrity to greatness is his utility: We bring two raidcooldowns to mitigate or counter damage, two cooldowns to increase damage output and a good amount of personal cooldowns. The topping on that is our mobility. No class is able to get from A to B like a warrior can. Eating bombs at juggernaut transforms from a time sensitive and damage intensive thing to a fun thing, negating fall damage with charge and intervene while still having spare time until taunt when you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Go ahead and get the Heavy Repercussions Glyph on your lowbie warrior. Then get enough rage to shield block, do that, and then 1 shot stuff with shield slam.

Once you get revenge this gets a lot easier since you can generate so much more rage. Now get used to this process. Shield block, shield slam, profit.

Get to 90, and do tons of damage with the same formula.

My alt lowbie warrior is 1shotting elites : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dside/advanced
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Quite a few people I asked including some guildies.
    I think you should take anyone's opinion that Prot Warriors are in a bad position atm with not just a pinch of salt but a great big handful :P

I personally love the playstyle that prot has atm, I don't know if you will enjoy it because everybody is different but keep leveling it imo and give it a try! If you are worrying about it being useless or not very beneficial to a group / raid then simply don't worry. It is an exceptionally strong role with massive utility... so keep leveling!!!

World first HC Garrosh kill went to a raid team with a prot warrior so yeah they must be bad

just 'cause someone got world first with a class doesn't mean they automatically are good. regardless, warriors are in a solid place right now. all tanks are, really, with the exception of DKs being a little behind. but really, all tanks are okay, take your pick.