Thread: A fix for PvP

A fix for PvP

Let me start off by saying that I have never been a serious PvP player. I used to do some arena back in wrath and I've done a ton of BG's and world PvP but never on a very competitive level. Messing around on the TI though, it really sank in that there were some issues with PvP and I got to thinking what could be done to fix them.I posted something similar on the WoW forums and I was just wondering what people here would think of my idea. I understand that in WoD, Hit and Exp are being removed. I also believe that in terms of PvP, PvP gear should almost always be superior to its PvE counterpart. My idea is to keep Hit and/or Exp but to make them PvP only stats. Here are my reasons for doing this:

1. Instead of worrying about changing baseline resilience, there's a baseline hit/miss percentage that all players would also have, per level
    2. PvP gear would allow you to come the closest to achieving the Hit cap but we would never actually reach it, to help
    3. PvE gear would not have any Hit or Exp so outside of a few lucky crits, skill being equal, the PvP geared toon, should almost always win. And if someone were to try to gem and enchant some PvE gear for PvP use, it would gimp their DPS or heal efficiency or survivability, still keeping the PvP toon in a better position for PvP.
    4. You could have PvP gear and PvE gear of the same IL. PvP gear would have the same amount of stats as PvE gear but would have bonuses geared towards their use and would also have Hit/Exp. So essentially, even a fully geared PvP player would go into an instance with the same gear as a PvE player but essentially ungemmed and unenchanted. (Granted this would piss off some "elitists" but there has to be some compromise somewhere)

So what do you guys think? Is it a terrible (OMG newb, LTP & go die in a fire) idea or is there some merit to it, with some fleshing out?

Pretty much terrible yep. Less damage done in PvE gear is fine, missing just plain sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne