10+ Year Old Account

Help with heroic garrosh's jade serpent temple

Hi,

we had couple of tries in Jade Serpent Temple in heroic Garrosh encounter and it wont went well.. everytime we got above 30 energy, and adds were able to cast their deadly spell I guess we had some bad tactic, we tried to kill first three packs and then those last two and now we want to try kill all five at once (as seen in many videos).. Im looking for some tips.. dont wanna get struggle here for a long time

our setup is

brew monk
    prot warr

disc priest
    rest druid

ele sham
    warlock
    fire mage
    bm hunter
    frost dk
    ret pala

and we want to try do something like this:

1st group of adds: ret pala(ae silece - he is blood elf), disc priest
    2nd group: warlock (shadowfury) , resto druid (heart huricane)
    3rd group: prot warr (d. shout), bm hunter
    4th group: ele shaman (capacitor), dk
    5th group: brew monk (leg sweep), fire mage

... just wanna know if this is possible to get below 25 energy with this group setup, if there wont be any uninterrupted cast from doubt adds, and if lets say fire mage can handle adds with only brewmaster..

Should be fine.

Assuming your players are playing well, you shouldn't have any issues getting the adds down whatsoever. Make sure to focus fire one add, and save single target interrupts for any remaining alive (i.e Ret Paladin AoE silence, kill one add, FoJ the second, interrupt 3rd, last 2 adds die etc). Make sure you have your warlock dot up other groups adds / drop a rain of fire etc.

You might want to swap up the Brewmaster + Ele Shaman, two 5 second stuns is hardly necessary for how fast adds will die. Just a thought.

Make sure you take Glyph of Capacitator Totem. Fuck the 5 second charge time.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2014-01-13 at 02:51 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    ... just wanna know if this is possible to get below 25 energy with this group setup, if there wont be any uninterrupted cast from doubt adds, and if lets say fire mage can handle adds with only brewmaster..
    Yes there is, you should preferably get below 20.

Both your prot warrior and brm monk should be able to handle 1 pack on their own. They should take pack 1 and pack 2 while everyone else run. Of course people that can dps while running, help the tanks throw up a dot or two while running. If some of your tanks are not that good, you could leave behind your disc priest to help out. Your dps should just rush through the middle, blast the middle pack then split up in 2 groups. We used to have a boomkin pop all his CDs and multidot EVERYTHING. He ofte did 40% of the total damage down there, it was quite insane to be honest. You could consider using, probably your warlock, in the same fashion. Rather than assignig him to a specific pack, assign him to everything. Then just work out which dps kills what target in pack 3 and how they split up in pack 4 and 5.

The most important thing is that Garrosh keeps getting energy until you actually hit him. So as soon as you killed all adds, you need to engage garrosh as soon as possible. Be ready to engage him.

It is really working against you that you do not have a mistweaver and/or a boomkin, that would have made it easier for you, still making it under 20 should not a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had similar setup in past and we went like this...should be ok for you too...

left courtyard grp: prot warrior solo (shockwave for first casts+interrupting roar for 2nd)
    right courtyard grp: Ele shaman+Mage (capacitator totem right as u enter the transition, and just move it on top of the group with Totem Projection)
    middle grp: Hunter+Warlock+Brewmaster (Warlock Stun)
    top right: Frost dk+Ret pala (frost DK can take care of 2 adds himself, same with paladin)

and we usually had middle grp going top left as they are usually done the fastest, healers helped in courtyard to make it faster
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Why preferably below 20? I was under the impression that most groups have Garrosh on above 50 energy after the Terrace phase anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Why preferably below 20? I was under the impression that most groups have Garrosh on above 50 energy after the Terrace phase anyways.
    On 10m, below 20 helps you get T2 below 50, which is a huge DPS increase. I've seen it happen a few times in my ~50 pulls. You also need it below 25 anyway, or you'll be dealing with Empowered crap the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    On 10m, below 20 helps you get T2 below 50, which is a huge DPS increase. I've seen it happen a few times in my ~50 pulls. You also need it below 25 anyway, or you'll be dealing with Empowered crap the entire fight.
    IMO it's a very minor difference between empowered and normal Touch of Y'Shaarj. Definitely much less of an issue than the other empowered abilities. Also, you only get 2-3 of them before P3 starts, when it becomes empowered anyway. So, 24 after first transition and < 75 after second transition is perfectly fine.

@OT make sure your druid uses Stampeding Roar at the start of every intermission phase. Also, while you're learning the transition, have your dps use their 2nd pot in the transition. This way, you'll get through there faster and can also progress through P2 (w/o empowered whirl) and maybe see the 2nd transition (which was much more difficult for us). Once the group gets comfortable with the transition, see if you can also do it without pots. It's mostly a matter of practice.

Deleted

Both your prot warrior and brm monk should be able to handle 1 pack on their own. They should take pack 1 and pack 2 while everyone else run. Of course people that can dps while running, help the tanks throw up a dot or two while running. If some of your tanks are not that good, you could leave behind your disc priest to help out. Your dps should just rush through the middle, blast the middle pack then split up in 2 groups. We used to have a boomkin pop all his CDs and multidot EVERYTHING. He ofte did 40% of the total damage down there, it was quite insane to be honest. You could consider using, probably your warlock, in the same fashion. Rather than assignig him to a specific pack, assign him to everything. Then just work out which dps kills what target in pack 3 and how they split up in pack 4 and 5.

It is really working against you that you do not have a mistweaver and/or a boomkin, that would have made it easier for you, still making it under 20 should not a problem.
    Does your guild have any footage of this, like a youtube vid or twitch vod? I'd love to take look because I think the method my guild is doing it currently could be improved.

In our guild we do it a bit differently, we assign players to the front left, front right and middle, and once we're done with these groups we split the raid to the back left and back right.

Upside of this is that we have less casts to interrupt on the back packs as there will be more players attacking them and they will alive shorter from the point they are engaged. However I wonder whether this tactic is slower overall, we generally get around 22-24 energy.

Usually I'm assigned to the middle group and I have to wait for our brewmaster in the front right group to be done and catch up to me, so I have to delay engaging the back group because I'm unable to interrupt all 3 as a mage, so I hardcast a pyro to give our interruptor some time to get there.

Assignments:
    Front left: Warlock, Ele shaman (interrupts), restro druid (helps out in cat)
    Front right: Brewmaster monk (interrupts), boomkin, ret pally
    Middle: Prot warrior (interrupts), rogue, mage
    Last edited by mmoc4e9ecc0058; 2014-01-16 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Honestly, I have not done garrosh since we killed it early november, so no idea how easy the fight is with current item levels. Getting the boss above 50 was something we really avoided. It happened a few times, but we always aimed to get below 50. Getting above 50 was not a wipe, for sure not. However it was a huge waste of DPS as the empowered MCs get higher health than the regular ones. The DPS check was insanely tight at lower item levels (If I remember correctly we had the 3rd or 4th lowest item level of guilds killing Garrosh). Getting empowered MCs fucked up our timings in P2 and made P3 significantly harder for us. Very possible to probably brute force it now.

We found getting it around 19-21 in ToJS was easier since it allowed to go for about 29 in ToES. The main reason to go low in ToJS is just to get more dps time on Garrosh. The faster you clear ToJS the more time you get to dps the boss which is quite significant to reach the dps checks in P2. Ofc it would happen that we got it even lower in than 50, had it down on 40 sometimes.

Once we got our ToJS and ToES sorted out, we were getting it below 50 energy 9 out of 10 times. It really made P2 smoother.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2014-01-16 at 08:04 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have not done garrosh since we killed it early november, so no idea how easy the fight is with current item levels. Getting the boss above 50 was something we really avoided. It happened a few times, but we always aimed to get below 50. Getting above 50 was not a wipe, for sure not. However it was a huge waste of DPS as the empowered MCs get higher health than the regular ones. The DPS check was insanely tight at lower item levels (If I remember correctly we had the 3rd or 4th lowest item level of guilds killing Garrosh). Getting empowered MCs fucked up our timings in P2 and made P3 significantly harder for us. Very possible to probably brute force it now.

We found getting it around 19-21 in ToJS was easier since it allowed to go for about 29 in ToES. The main reason to go low in ToJS is just to get more dps time on Garrosh. The faster you clear ToJS the more time you get to dps the boss which is quite significant to reach the dps checks in P2. Ofc it would happen that we got it even lower in than 50, had it down on 40 sometimes.

Once we got our ToJS and ToES sorted out, we were getting it below 50 energy 9 out of 10 times. It really made P2 smoother.
    It doesn't matter at all with current item levels. The only real check is beating 25 energy in the first intermission. We don't even do the second intermission - we just hang out in the back of the room for a minute and dance.

As for the first intermission, we have a pretty similar comp to you. I think what we do is as follows:

Front right: Prot Warrior / Resto Druid - then jump to the middle and help clean up. We usually had our adds dead in ~8 seconds. (I used HoTW, went in with double int trinket procs and used an SoTF Hurricane.)

Front left: Brewmaster / Rogue (I think? it may have been Fury Warrior instead of Rogue.)

Middle: Fury Warrior (I think? I'm not sure if our Rogue or Warrior was doing the middle as we switched our comp a couple times towards the end). The people assigned to the back groups would nuke one of the middle adds on their way up.

Back Right: Mage/Warlock - I think our Warlock glyphed Havoc.

Back Left: Ele/Hunter - There's a place you can drop binding shot to stun all 3 of them.

Our Disc Priest would Halo the Middle/Front Groups and then help in the Middle I think.

We pretty rarely failed with this setup and would usually have Garrosh at ~22 energy at the end.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!