Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Yes Nethaera, I'm sure he's a bad guy.

https://web.archive.org/web/20091002...1&pageNo=6#119

***Spoiler****
    It is very clear that most everyone hates Garrosh. However, Blizzard has just brought that hatred to a new level for many Horde players. In a recent interview with PC gamer UK Bliz announced that Garrosh will become the new leader for the Horde and that he will redesign Orgrimmar. Upon doing so he will evict all races from the center of the city except Orcs and Tauren saying that only those two races are strong enough to defend it. To me this is clear evidence that Blizzard is wanting us to really hate Garrosh.

My question is why!?!?
    What could this be leading to???

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Perhaps it is best to wait a bit and see what truly happens. Speculation and intriguing discussion on the possibilities that are yet to come are always interesting, but the deeper or bigger meanings will be brought to light when the timing is just right. We still have a bit to go on what is brewing in Icecrown Citadel and Arthas before we get more into what will be happening next with Cataclysm.
    The only possibilities regarding the fate of "bad guys" in Warcraft is either A: Retribution or B: Redemption.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Are you sure he's a "bad guy"? What do you think defines him of being unworthy of leading the Horde or at the least the orcs?

I wish I could put this on the official forums, along with all the other bullshit posts the blues made telling us to wait it out.

We all knew what was happening.

No one liked it.*

Why did they keep doing it?

EDIT: * This is hyperbole
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2014-01-13 at 06:55 PM.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No one liked it.
    That is a very subjective view with many people who will disagree. And blues just did their job, what would've been the point in telling what the next expansion end-boss would be when we didn't even kill the lich king?

in the words of Dave Maldonado: because REASONS
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Blizzard could tell us who the end boss of WoD is right now. Way more interesting not knowing.

Besides, Sylvanas isn't a raid boss yet and doesn't appear to be for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    That is a very subjective view with many people who will disagree. And blues just did their job, what would've been the point in telling what the next expansion end-boss would be when we didn't even kill the lich king?
    I think you will find most Horde Players did not want the path that lead to "Siege of Orgrimmar"
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Neth was just providing discussion. They are not obligated to suddenly tell all the information about what was going on. Some may have known it was happening. Also you cannot say *No one liked it* You cannot speak for everyone. You should stop making statements like that, you have done that a lot in the past. They did it because they felt it was a story with a lot of passion. Not only that but also, it isn't over yet. Warlords of Draenor is the ending of Garrosh's story. Personally I've enjoyed the ride on Garrosh's character development. Some things I can criticize but it was still overall a nice experience.

Blues don't need to always cater to our ideas.

I think you will find most Horde Players did not want the path that lead to "Siege of Orgrimmar"
    Unless you can poll that, there is no way in hell that is accurate. Nobody is supposed to expect everything, otherwise the reveal wouldn't be so exciting and "WHAT?!?!?!"

Getting all the answers up front isn't entertaining. Our thirst for knowledge comes for a price.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No one liked it.
    Talk for yourself kid. All the Blues were doing is creating speculation which is healthy for discussions. That, and they didn't want to personally ruin the story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

No one liked it.

I liked the entire story arc for Garrosh from BC to MoP.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Talk for yourself kid. All the Blues were doing is creating speculation which is healthy for discussions. That, and they didn't want to personally ruin the story.
    Judging by the thread I linked, and a LOT of the threads on the old forums, I'm not exactly alone in the sentiment.

I just feel like the blues lied to us, they didn't have to chime in, discussion was already going. Why give false hope?
    Twas brillig

Judging by the thread I linked, and a LOT of the threads on the old forums, I'm not exactly alone in the sentiment.

I just feel like the blues lied to us, they didn't have to chime in, discussion was already going. Why give false hope?
    You're being overly dramatic..

And no one lied. They didn't say anything specific enough for it to be considered anything...

So some people posted some threads and that means everyone hated it? People are more vocal when they are unhappy? How do you know their weren't millions that loved it? I really liked the story.

I liked it fine. You're making a pretty big assumption saying *nobody* liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

The blue posts wanted a sense of surprise. WoD's answers should be more satisfying for you though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to get very worried Blizz is going to take the redemption route with Garrosh.

In which case, I will officially have nothing to do with the Horde. In fact, I hope Varian starts Siege of Orgrimmar 2 right then and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I liked the entire story arc for Garrosh from BC to MoP.
    Except for how MoP Garrosh did a total 180 from his "no killing innocents" policy just to better establish him as a "legitimate villain."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Except for how MoP Garrosh did a total 180 from his "no killing innocents" policy just to better establish him as a "legitimate villain."
    Some hiccups with the storytelling, for sure (I think the particular, um, evolution you mention here could have worked if drawn out over a longer period of time) -- but the arc as a whole I found pretty compelling.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Except he doesn't have a "no killing innocents" policy. Garrosh is not Batman; it's your honor and privilege to be killed by him. There is no greater glory than to fall in battle before him as he makes his ascent to the greatest power Azeroth has ever known.

So wait...you're mad because they didn't spoil the plot of an expansion that was still 2 away? And one that I thought they weren't even going to do right after Cataclysm, but decided to anyway? I think it's pretty neat personally that they started hinting towards it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Except he doesn't have a "no killing innocents" policy. Garrosh is not Batman; it's your honor and privilege to be killed by him. There is no greater glory than to fall in battle before him as he makes his ascent to the greatest power Azeroth has ever known.
    Well he did previously throw one of his generals off a cliff for killing innocents. That seems like he took it fairly seriously at one stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So wait...you're mad because they didn't spoil the plot of an expansion that was still 2 away? And one that I thought they weren't even going to do right after Cataclysm, but decided to anyway? I think it's pretty neat personally that they started hinting towards it back then.
    No, I'm mad they implied he'd get better when he wouldn't.
    Twas brillig

So you want them to tell you precisely how the game will go right to the very end? You'd like them to tell us that we will defeat Sargeras in 4 expansions with the help of precisely 4 Titans named Greg, Tina, Matthew and Jerome?
    You'd like to have the story spelled out with no suspense at all?

I really think you're whining over nothing. They implied he'd get better because perhaps he still will. Or perhaps they said that because they didn't actually want to ruin the whole story from the very, very beginning of the expansion.

Are you the kind of person that reads the last page of a book first?

I hate Garrosh, I truly do, as a Horde player, but he became evil himself before there was any outside influence of old gods. Ergo, he can still be changed.

The only thing that upsets me about the whole Garrosh situation is why the hell Varion stopped Thrall from correcting his mistake. Garrosh was a fine ruler at the beginning, but I think he was obsessing too much over his father and wanting to make him proud of him, and perhaps even become him. But he turned out to be too eccentric, too violent, and in the end he didn't have the best interests of the Horde as a whole at heart, and since he was never going to simply step down, he had to be destroyed. Because that's Orcish justice. I think, while Garrosh's actions affected everyone, Varian has less right to make a decision on his fate than Thrall. It was Thrall's mistake to put Garrosh in charge, and he was going to correct it in an Orcish manner (shocker!). Instead, Varian decides it's not on because he loves peace now and so the next expansion is on that silly man's shoulders.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    The only thing that upsets me about the whole Garrosh situation is why the hell Varion stopped Thrall from correcting his mistake. Garrosh was a fine ruler at the beginning, but I think he was obsessing too much over his father and wanting to make him proud of him, and perhaps even become him. But he turned out to be too eccentric, too violent, and in the end he didn't have the best interests of the Horde as a whole at heart, and since he was never going to simply step down, he had to be destroyed. Because that's Orcish justice. I think, while Garrosh's actions affected everyone, Varian has less right to make a decision on his fate than Thrall. It was Thrall's mistake to put Garrosh in charge, and he was going to correct it in an Orcish manner (shocker!). Instead, Varian decides it's not on because he loves peace now and so the next expansion is on that silly man's shoulders.
    What's orcish about helping the alliance invade the horde capital, killing all the orcs, and getting an unwilling, weak troll appointed leader of the horde?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."