Paragons of the Klaxxi - Scorpion (Rikkal's buff) on tank.

I'm a Guardian druid, last week i switched to a 25m guild (Exp: 10M - 13/14H / Exp: 25M - 12/14H) and currently we're working on Klaxxis. Everything's fine so far, we might kill it tomorrow, but i have a question about Rikkal's buff on 25m. My RL told me to pick it and use it as frequently as i can (never had to do it on 10m, that's why i'm asking this). I know it's a huge dps boost, i'm thinking about using it on Korven (while offtanking) and Xaril (while tanking it), so... any real strategy? Maybe some tips? Best time to transform? Also, what's the ideal rotation, Sting > Swipe > Fiery Tail > Claw as filler, right?
    #yolo #swag

Use it on soft hitting bosses, couse you'll pull agro instantly even if the other tank taunts on CD (3million hits) and they'll rape you without mitigations. DK tank use it in my group, he tanks Lucid in scorpid form, then use it again on last boss (Wind-reaver)
    Get high vengeance, so tank something hard hitting before.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2014-01-13 at 10:33 AM.

Our druid does it (and pulls 800k+ dps, its pretty ridiculous). Make sure to take Natures Vigil for the sick healing it provides.

He uses it 3 times; On Xaril while not tanking anything else, on Manipulator while tanking Ka'roz and on Ka'roz while not tanking anything (but constantly ripping threat on Ka'roz).

The Manipulator one is kind of scary but just pop a CD or two at the start and get an external or two and you're fine. bears have so much HP + armor that even the huge hits ka'roz is doing don't do that much. Nature's vigil kept him fairly healthy during this one.

Pop Nature's Vigil and a CD right before and in a 25man im assuming you have multiple Paladin's so call for BoP's and salvs because you will pull aggro. Also call for externals as needed. As far as the rotation just press whatever spell is not on CD :P

You should have used it on 10m too. Tank vengeance makes it insane on either difficulty. The priority is just 4 > 3 > 2 > 1. You can use other abilities while channeling 4. If you can, line it up with Snipe (Hisek buff) for even more damage.

The way we do it, the other tank tries to hold both bosses while the scorpion tank blasts away. Use Salvs if necessary. I don't know about BoPing as mentioned above. The auto attack hits for a load, and I assume BoP stops that as well as damage from 1/2. Get externals when you need them, but don't blow them all. Tanks will need something at the end (last 3 bosses) just to stay alive.

Using it on Korven and Xaril makes those burns a lot easier. Just make sure that you are getting a lot of CDs or salvs for aggro because you will get smashed. When our tank uses it on Korven he goes in front of the boss so that if he does pull threat the melee doesn't get cleaved. It does A LOT of damage so it is very important that you use it to help with some of the bosses that need to be burned down fast.

Oh, also make sure rogues are using Tricks on you while in scorpion. It's by far the best use of tricks they have, even if they don't use it on anyone else outside of scorpion.

Killed it past monday after a couple of pulls, thanks for all the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Our druid does it (and pulls 800k+ dps, its pretty ridiculous). Make sure to take Natures Vigil for the sick healing it provides.

He uses it 3 times; On Xaril while not tanking anything else, on Manipulator while tanking Ka'roz and on Ka'roz while not tanking anything (but constantly ripping threat on Ka'roz).

The Manipulator one is kind of scary but just pop a CD or two at the start and get an external or two and you're fine. bears have so much HP + armor that even the huge hits ka'roz is doing don't do that much. Nature's vigil kept him fairly healthy during this one.
    Tried this and worked perfectly! However, when killing Manipulator you must chain CDs, damage here is high and very spikey, so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You should have used it on 10m too. Tank vengeance makes it insane on either difficulty. The priority is just 4 > 3 > 2 > 1. You can use other abilities while channeling 4. If you can, line it up with Snipe (Hisek buff) for even more damage.

The way we do it, the other tank tries to hold both bosses while the scorpion tank blasts away. Use Salvs if necessary. I don't know about BoPing as mentioned above. The auto attack hits for a load, and I assume BoP stops that as well as damage from 1/2. Get externals when you need them, but don't blow them all. Tanks will need something at the end (last 3 bosses) just to stay alive.
    Thank you very much for the information, it was very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Oh, also make sure rogues are using Tricks on you while in scorpion. It's by far the best use of tricks they have, even if they don't use it on anyone else outside of scorpion.
    Insane ToT numbers!
    #yolo #swag

10 man here our guardian druid does it and he has ranked 2 overall DPS or that figth if Im not mistaken (even tough the rankings for Klaxxi dont diferentiate normal and heroic) with something close to 900k DPS, he literaly deletes any boss he attacks on scorpion form, some of his hits are like 15% of the boss HP, its retarded.

As a guardian druid you can do between 800-1m dps. You will like solo kill the last boss its pretty hardcore

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Works best on Monks/Bears, because their mastery still works (although you can't clear it as a monk) and their avoidance is still high. You will probably pull aggro but salvation helps some. Popping NV as a bear is absolutely retarded with the scorpion buff up. You will do a ton of damage and heal yourself and the raid for an absurd amount.

There use to be a few common places to use lust. On the pull to burn Skeer, during Korvens burn or during Xaril. With increased gear and using the scorpion buff you can pretty much just save it for Xaril and depending on how abilities line up sometimes get 0-1 special abilities instead of 1-2 (at least in 10 man). Helps a lot.

Our Monk uses it and he spikes well over 2 million DPS at times when burning Korven after the amber debuff has gone out. It's pretty fucking retarded lol.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2014-01-18 at 05:44 AM.