Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Immerseus 10H problems

Hi,

We're having a bunch of trouble getting immerseus down and I'd like to get some help figuring out why. We were finally able to carry him to enrage and we're just not getting him down. Can you have a look at our logs and make some suggestions?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...ses&boss=71543

Our current method is to all be loosely together on one side of the fat rear platform (with the tank on the other side of the platform so we dont get hit by the boss) and DPS him until stacks come up, then burn adds and repeat. When the pools get to much everyone shuffles left and things continue like that. We're sending people to spread out during split phase according to how fast they are so they can get out and back in time. Any help?

If you managed to hit enrage then you have a DPS issue. That means either the boss isn't dropping fast enough (aim for 3 breaths at MOST) or you are not killing/healing enough puddles, so you need more immerseus phases.

I'll look at your longest try (10:30, so beyond enrage) and give some pointers.

Looking at damage Sha Puddle (black blobs you need to kill) one thing strikes pretty odd. Your elemental shaman is WAY behind everyone else (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...6918&target=45). For comparison, the prot pally is doing more damage to blobs. That simply can't happen. As a tank myself I only outdamage our shadow priest on blobs damage, and that is because under 40% corruption he stops killing them, and start healing the other ones.

Also you seem to be focusing the adds. That is NOT needed. You do not let the debuff fall off, you mass dispel it (priest or revival from monk will do). 34 dispels on a ~10 min try is pretty much doing nothing. That should also give you more DPS on the boss and faster phasing.

Deleted
    I didn't look at your logs but here is how we kill it.

We have 2 dps and tank on adds. We don't go above 4 stacks - either you get dispelled or wait until you lose them. We are in a line at rear platform and moving left every time puddles come. Using 2 tanks, 3 healers, 2 melee dps and 3 ranged dps. Usually our lock and paladin are on adds. Elemental shaman is also good. In p2 we spread accordingly to cover most of platforms.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    If you managed to hit enrage then you have a DPS issue. That means either the boss isn't dropping fast enough (aim for 3 breaths at MOST) or you are not killing/healing enough puddles, so you need more immerseus phases.

I'll look at your longest try (10:30, so beyond enrage) and give some pointers.

Looking at damage Sha Puddle (black blobs you need to kill) one thing strikes pretty odd. Your elemental shaman is WAY behind everyone else (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...6918&target=45). For comparison, the prot pally is doing more damage to blobs. That simply can't happen. As a tank myself I only outdamage our shadow priest on blobs damage, and that is because under 40% corruption he stops killing them, and start healing the other ones.

Also you seem to be focusing the adds. That is NOT needed. You do not let the debuff fall off, you mass dispel it (priest or revival from monk will do). 34 dispels on a ~10 min try is pretty much doing nothing. That should also give you more DPS on the boss and faster phasing.
    Yes, I'm the elemental shaman, and I'm running to the back of the room (furthest from the DPS) to get the sha puddles back there, but if I dont happen to get a pile of 3-4 puddles to AOE, I'm not going to be doing a ton of damage to them. This damage is really luck of the draw, sometimes I do get a nice pack I can group up with my knockback but mostly it's 1-2 to DPS.

As to the dispels, should we all focus on staying in a tighter group so we can AOE dispel?

Also, the amount of adds coming in feels overwhelming, to the point that my chain lighting feels a bit pathetic to be honest. 15-20 adds to clean up and by the time we do that we seem to only get a few seconds on the boss before we're back to thinning out the adds again.
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2014-01-13 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Well to be honest, from my expirience on Immersius 25mHC, i would say that if you hit the enrage you do something very very wrong on the split phase and im moslt likely to say that it might be your healers fault. Yet again you survaive till enrage so this mean that your healers do they job. I cant actualy read WoL anyway, im saing this from my raw expirience - the dps always manage to kill the black bloobs, but the healers cant do the blue puddles much.
    So my advise/tip would be to push your healers to do better on the split phase and maybe even try using a healing cds on each split so they can heal as much adds as possible, because killing only black puddles woun't help you defeat the encounter.

Let's see what the others have to say ^-^
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-01-13 at 02:26 PM.

The thing is , you have to make a decision as to where to go each time he splits. It is not all black and white. I'm one of the 3 healers on this fight and I have a general place I should go, but if I see 5 blobs going some other way and only 1 in my area, I'll go towards the 5 blobs and pop a cooldown to heal them all. Same goes for dps.

Deleted
    Well i must agree that on 10 man this fight is a shitty encounter cuz of what you said - sometimes you have to do a decision where to go regardless where are you assigned. Yet again i see your dpsers do more than 200k+ dps.
    So i stand still on my opinion that if you survaive till enrage u do somethign really wrong on splits or you are extremly slow on downing the boss to force split.

edit
    I forgot to add that my guild did SoO 10m heroic during the holydays because we managed to get 10 people for it. We did Immersius HC with 2 healers and a lot of trobbles - i think atleast 12-15 wipes, but afterall we managed to down it but we did it mostly after 3rd split. This is at top 4 mins (max 5) and all people were around 570 ilvl.
    I wount check your party ilvl because as i said if you managed to hit enrage you have atleast the healing and the tanking to do this witch should be equaly enough since im most likely sure you go 3man healing this witch should cover the dps as healing ont he bloobs.

Overall dealing with the bloods on split phases is the key to defeat this
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-01-13 at 02:59 PM.

I think its the way you handle the adds. We dps inmerseus until he has only 20 stacks, then clean the 30 resulting adds, and continue dpsing the boss, the 20 adds are just tanked near the boss while we nuke inmerseus. You should get a second stack of 50 this way. Each phase has less adds so we down him to 15, 10 and 0 in the following phases.

I'm new to the fight, so I'm not clear what you mean when you say "We dps inmerseus until he has only 20 stacks"? What stacks are you giving immerseus? Also when you say we should get a second stack of 50, you mean we should get a second stack of 50 adds?

He mean let your dps bring 30 adds(resulting from Immerseus corruption), then focus on adds, then back on boss and let the last 20 adds be tanked by the tank and killl by cleave dmg done on boss. Be sure your offtank pick up the adds next to Immerseus so the cleave dmg hit him at the same time

You must REACT to the split phase in the room. If you go always to your designed spot, you might end up with no black puddle to dps.
    Tell your healer to stand next to the first puddle healed. They will gain a buff and then they can go all out on the other white puddle until the next phase.

If you hit the enrage timer, this mean you don't cleanse enough puddles in each split phase or you don't dps enough Immerseus when he submerge.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    As to the dispels, should we all focus on staying in a tighter group so we can AOE dispel?
    What we do is setting a world marker and have everyone stay away (20+ yards) from it. Once the debuff starts rolling and everyone gets 2-3 stacks we group there, mass dispel, and spread again. Gets rid of 30-40 stacks easily.

Also, the amount of adds coming in feels overwhelming, to the point that my chain lighting feels a bit pathetic to be honest. 15-20 adds to clean up and by the time we do that we seem to only get a few seconds on the boss before we're back to thinning out the adds again.
    Just have the tank currently tanking them go full aoe, and drop some aoe (magma totem comes to mind). Adds don't have much health, nor they hit hard. Usually our lock pulls 4-5 of them and his health barely moves. No need to focus them, they'll die.

EDIT: Also if at any point you get 2 rounds of debuffs in the same phase you lack DPS on the boss
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2014-01-13 at 04:35 PM.

There is a point in the fight where is better stay spread out, you raid have strong aoe and cleave damage but the healing seem a bit low, how many corruption do you clean in the first split?

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    So i stand still on my opinion that if you survaive till enrage u do somethign really wrong on splits or you are extremly slow on downing the boss to force split.
    We're very much slow on DPSing immerseus, we would have to kill adds 3-4 times before he split.

We're very much slow on DPSing immerseus, we would have to kill adds 3-4 times before he split.
    Really? 3-4? Getting a SECOND spawn is having low DPS on boss. Focus on that and you should be fine

So we should probably shoot for DPSing immerseus to 40% (due to hero) and making heavy use of dispels before we proceed to kill off the adds, and then splitting him before we burn the second add stack?

Lust and burn the boss down until the adds start to spawn, when the dps have 5 stacks they switch to adds to wait for a dispell or they let it wear off while they kill the adds then back to the boss.

look at your healers total healing done on the contaminated puddles on the 10:30 fight:
    shaman: 2.8M
    priest: 2.2M
    monk: 5.1M

you need a lot more. for contrast, i looked at our last kill and i did 5.5M in an 8:30 kill (as a resto shaman). our disc priest did 4.3M, so i think those two need to pick it up a bit. i can't speak for the priest, but here's a general guide for the shaman:
    1) <ctrl-V> to see friendly bars.
    2) spec UF and EGT
    3) during split, drop EGT to root some adds to help dps (ele shaman should be doing this too)
    4) while blobs are in the air, go stand right in front of where 1 or more is going to land
    5) cast riptide about mid-flight to get TW up (early enough so it's off cooldown when the blob lands)
    6) cast UE on your self to get UF buff
    7) as soon as you can target the blob, cast HS/riptide (without the evil riptide glyph, of course). unless you have really bad luck, this should heal the blob to full, give you the splash healing buff and refresh two stacks of TW. quickly target the nearest blob, hit it with another HS, then do the same with a third. this should slow them down enough so that you can heal up three blobs per intermission IF you get three close enough to you. if you get really good placement and crits you can possibly do four, but i find that's rare. two is much more common than four, in my experience.

regarding the rest of the fight, i don't think heavy dispels are that important. we hero at the beginning, but i purposely do not dispel dps - only tanks. we found that over-dispelling led to too much boss tunneling, which led to too many adds up.

we also have a slightly different setup on positioning. we have the raid group in one pie slice, with the tank in the adjacent one on the right side. we then rotate right every corrosive blast. this ensures the adds are always very close to the raid.

to get the boss down, you really need to improve the split phases.

Your tanks DPS is very low. At least one of them should be able to reach over 180k easily but yours are sitting at 130k and 70k! That Druid who is at 70k is doing something seriously wrong. Not an expert at Bears but get someone who is.

Deleted
    With first adds, we let our stacks go up to 3-4 and then focus on adds. A tank picks them up and everyone groups up at the assigned world marker. I, as an ele, pop AG + Spiritwalker's Grace (glyphed) + CL spam. Usually someone with less aoe dmg finishes off the boss, we cleave the remaining adds and boss goes into the phase. Second time we only get adds once and after that we barely get any adds. So basically, I'd say the difference is that our adds are totally grouped up, which makes cleaving them easy as hell. Oh and I always dispel myself with glyphed Shamanistic Rage, just to make it a bit easier for healers

And having done both 10m and 25m hc Immerseus, I'd say 25m version is so much easier while 10m takes a tiny bit of practice and the fightstyle is a bit more dependant on your comp.

Got him, then went on to down Nourshen, both guild firsts. Thank you all for the advice, if anyone searches this thread in the future, here was the things we did that fixed our issue

1) DPS start somewhat loosely together and then collapse tight on a raid marker (set before the encounter) for mass dispel and delivery of adds to a central location for OT. You should be able to carry a full heroism worth of DPS on the boss without having to worry about stacks overly much.
    2) DPS stay on immerseus until they just have too many stacks and return to him immediately when stacks fall/dispel off.
    3) The adds the OT picks up are kind of his problem, they deserve attention from the DPS only when stacks are falling off and not a second more.
    4) Everyone must use every trick they have on split phase to harry adds, and hybrids should be healing after the second split.

We beat him with PLENTY of time to spare before enrage, huge difference.
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2014-01-15 at 12:28 PM.