Annoying FPS drops on 'okay' PC.

Stock 2500K, 8GB, GTX670.

Basic addons (shadowed unit frames, grid, power auras, affdots, bartender, quartz, sexymap, skada, but only damage module turned on), lowest possible settings with full HD resolution.

And I still get dips below 30FPS on Malkorok HC, sometimes even close to 20 FPS I'd say.

Do you think that reinstalling WoW/addons (meh I don't want to lose my settings but you gotta do what you gotta do) will help, or is it normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically you should be getting better, however... Have you tried overclocking? You paid more for it, and it's one of the best ways to improve raid FPS.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You might try reinstalling; I've got a very similar setup (2500K @ 4.6GHz, GTX 680, and 16GB of RAM) and I can play WoW on full-ultra at 1440p with 30FPS+ in virtually all locations.

Did your FPS just start out of nowhere, or has your FPS always been poor?

It seems pretty low, malkorok is a heavy fight for my machine aswell. I have a 8320 @ 4ghz and mine dips to 20-25 fps aswell but on full max settings with a 760. With an intel cpu which are better for wow you should get higher rates, but dont expect 50+ on malkorok.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fps loss is due to a huge damage numbers everywhere. Wich causes problem with Wow engine. The best you can do is to lower the ammount of addons that use numbers and calculations.

There is some macro to disable healing thingy numbers...but i cant remember right now where it was.

You could also try to update all the drivers in your computer.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Try giving it a slight OC, 4GHz is often fine even with stock cooler. I doubt it's a software issue.

By the way, when you're CPU capped, graphics settings matter little.