Poll: Do you get the shot?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have not gotten the flu shot since i was "VERY" young.

Granted I get hit by the flu every year but it is nothing a good cup of tea and honning wont fix after a few days.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I haven't got one in years.. But that's cause I'm lazy and I fuckin hate (fear) injections.. Still I think that's not a good thing to avoid it and I don't recomend doing as I do..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

No, not anymore.

The reason being when I was younger I had a pretty bad reaction to the shot (got terribly sick for a few weeks that literally was worse than the flu). Ever since then I've not wanted to get one in fear that it may happen again. The problem is I go to a University, and I have to be very careful during flu season to not get sick.

Would I like to get one? Yeah, but not at the risk of it making me very sick again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it every year. I am high risk from having cancer twice and I also have now lung and heart disease so I cannot risk getting the flu >.>

Never get it, and I've never been "sick sick" I've gotten a fever a few times, but never really sick in my whole life.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use to get them every now and then like 7 years ago but ive never had the flu in my life. I just dont feel like going out and dealing with the hassle.

Deleted
    No, my immunity system works perfectly fine, I almost never took antibiotics (maybe once or twice when I was a kid), I live quite healthy and I'm still young, so that probably has something to do with it.

(Also I don't like needles, but I'm to manly to admit it)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I got it once when i was 7 or 8 and haven't gotten the flu since
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Uhh no, at least I don't.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and I'm never sick

Deleted
    nope, ive had flu once in my life, if i started getting it more often i'd start getting the flu shot.

Yes, because it's required, I've had the flu shot the past two years.

In the past 10 years, I've had the flu 3 times. All three were within the past two years, twice within 3 days of getting the flu shot and the third time about 3 weeks after getting the first of the two flu shots (it's possible that I just had the flu for a very long time, but I felt completely recovered then got sick again; either way, the only times I've caught the flu in the past decade were all immediately after getting the flu shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had the shot (to my knowledge, possible as a kid), never had flu, at worst I get an annoying cold, sore throat, snotty nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I get it yearly. Not because I fear getting the flu, but because I work with people who would become very ill if I were to transmit it to them. I love when people say "Well *I* never got the flu, so I don't need it!", and I cringed when I think about how many times these "healthy" individuals unknowingly transmit it to the elderly, young, and otherwise immunocompromised. If you don't have a reaction to the shot, and it's available for free, then there's no reason you shouldn't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the UK it's only available for free to the young/elderly/diabetic etc I think. If they don't want my flu, they should take their shots. Aside from that, don't think anyone I work with has ever had flu, and I'm a solitary creature outside of work

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know I've either never gotten the flu or it is extremely mild for me. I don't think I've ever had a flu shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should, but some years I get lazy and put it off until the flu season is over or shit-too-late-now-I-have-the-flu.

I've been more aggressive again the last few years, though, because I basically get the flu every year that I don't get the shot, and three years ago it turned into pneumonia. I've also had it progress to bronchitis a number of times as well, which isn't as scary as pneumonia, but still isn't exactly very fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    some people I know are freaking out because they don't want to die from it because they seen on the news 2 healthy people in my city died from it so far. I told them healthy normal people die every day in car crashes ect does that mean they should stop driving lol?
    Yeah. An old friend of mine is a doctor working at a hospital in Ohio now, and he mentioned last week that his hospital had three patients (healthy people) die from h1n1 in the prior two days. I wonder if you're in the same area.

Anyway, generally the media likes to put a panic-inducing spin on things and exaggerate every little bug to pandemic proportions, but that analogy is a little ridiculous. Aside from extremely rare reactions, the flu shot basically has no negatives. Giving up riding cars would have an enormous lifestyle impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I wouldn't see why anyone would take a flu shot unless they'd be old and ill, or very young. I didn't take one since I was very young and I never needed one.
    Those are the people who are most likely to die from the flu, but healthy young people are not immune. In fact, historically some of the more dangerous pandemics saw higher death rates in the healthy young people, because the overreactions of their strong immune systems was what killed them -- not the virus itself.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Never had the flu, so no need for it. Course, now that I typed that, I'm going to get the flu.

I've never had a flu shot, still alive!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Nope, I've never had a flu shot. I've also never had the flu.

Protecting myself from last years flu strain doesn't seem particularly beneficial. No reason for me to waste my time going to do it if I'm fine without it.