Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question about patch 2.0

I heard it coming before the actual expansion, this true? If so when? I bought D3 and played only for about 3 weeks at the start then quit for the same reasons many were pissed off about stuff liek the AH, they way loot worked, etc. I heard this stuff is all being fixed. So, I and some of my friends are looking to start playing again when the patch hits.

Thanks.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, should be on or around March 18th, which is when the AH shuts down. From playing on the PTR I can tell you it's a substantial improvment over what we have now, which is WORLDS better than what we had at launch
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup, should be on or around March 18th, which is when the AH shuts down. From playing on the PTR I can tell you it's a substantial improvment over what we have now, which is WORLDS better than what we had at launch
    Oh ok, I was hearing that this patch 2.0 was releasing this month or early next month. I thought it sounded a little off, hence i came here to ask. Thanks for the clarification.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

You can also try the patch on PTR - so you'll have an idea of what's coming. Just beware: don't do as other countless people who downloaded PTR and bought digital copy RoS because they thought it would grant them access to beta.

Beta comes only from Blizzard (and i don't expect more keys given anytime soon).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Oh ok, I was hearing that this patch 2.0 was releasing this month or early next month. I thought it sounded a little off, hence i came here to ask. Thanks for the clarification.
    There's alot of people speculating about it, but I think it's safe to assume that the patch wont come out before the AH is shut down, because of the Loot 2.0 adjustments, which massively boost things like Legendary Drop Rate, which could cause problems if people then put those on the RMAH :P

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Exactly. Also, no more NV stacks because you actually don't need them. Every game i play i get at least 1 legendary - i didn't get my hands on anything super duper, but on a nnew naked char, a lot of things have been proven useful (especially for alts).

Upgrading yellows starts to be hard, but if i get orange, the upgrade is nearly guaranteed.

When should we expect too see this patch. its been on ptr now for over 1½ month

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    When should we expect too see this patch. its been on ptr now for over 1½ month
    If I remember correctly, this patch will go live the same date RMAH will be turned off, which is March 18th 2014 (ROS launch date is March 25th 2014 so a week later).
    Sooo, another 1½ month waiting. Blizzard wants their D3 players to starve, so they will more likely buy an expansion after patch 2.0
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2014-02-02 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    If I remember correctly, this patch will go live the same date RMAH will be turned off, which is March 18th 2014 (ROS launch date is March 25th 2014 so a week later).
    Sooo, another 1½ month waiting. Blizzard wants their D3 players to starve, so they will more likely buy an expansion after patch 2.0
    oMg was hoping for a date in feb

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't release it before the AH shut down, for the reason I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by GogoMAN View Post
    Diablo 3 is just a waste of money forget it already...
    The very least you could do is explain why you think so. Otherwise your post is just as much a waste of space as you claim the game to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They can't release it before the AH shut down, for the reason I mentioned above.
    I thought you said you have played the PTR, if so you should know that ALL legendaries is bound to your account in patch 2.0 and the expansion, so you can't sell them on ah or trade them..

blizzard also said some months ago that they will try to release the pre-expansion patch about a month before the expansion releases, so the idea of it being have 18th march when the ah is going down is as wild a guess as anything else
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2014-02-03 at 09:44 AM.

The fact that legendaries are BoA doesn't change the fact the stat system will change and yellow items aren't BoA - if the patch ships before AH closure, we will see a flood of new yellow items at astronomical prices and only the people whio stockpiled gold with dubious AH procedures will be able to get them and actually have an advantage over people who didn't.

So, patch is not happening before 18th. Also, the words they said were "between one week and one month" - it's way easier to postpone the expansion (tough very improbable due to the announcement) than putting the patch before AH closes and basically screw up everything.

Patch 2.0 = reset for everyone.

Looking forward to it myself. Once the patch hits I will reroll and start the game over. Until then its just collecting dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Another question about RoS/2.0, when they merge all the difficulty levels into one, what about Cinematics? Will they play each time there is a cinematic or just like in pre-RoS/2.0 (only once per character and always in the end of Act IV)?
    There is cinematic (walkthrough) mode and normal mode where you can choose any level you like. I guess by default it would be cinematic mode for new players but you'll be able to switch mode any time.

I doubt that cutscenes will be skipped tbh, just cinematics. You'll still have to activate skeleton king and wait 20 seconds for him to become targetable. Blizzard is just too lazy to change these types of things. But cinematics will be skipped for sure.

D2 had the perfect level switching system. You did it from inside the game and it took less than a second to jump between acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    There is cinematic (walkthrough) mode and normal mode where you can choose any level you like. I guess by default it would be cinematic mode for new players but you'll be able to switch mode any time.

I doubt that cutscenes will be skipped tbh, just cinematics. You'll still have to activate skeleton king and wait 20 seconds for him to become targetable. Blizzard is just too lazy to change these types of things. But cinematics will be skipped for sure.

D2 had the perfect level switching system. You did it from inside the game and it took less than a second to jump between acts.
    On the PTR you can automatically skip any cutscene and cinematic by clicking one button in the settings menu. In the next patch you will not have any issues with cinematics if you wish it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    On the PTR you can automatically skip any cutscene and cinematic by clicking one button in the settings menu. In the next patch you will not have any issues with cinematics if you wish it that way.
    I doubt it. How does it look like? Skeleton king appears already spawned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it all you like, the option is there

Also... The skeleton king spawning isn't a cutscene, it's just some ingame coolness. The Skip All Cutscenes option only skip the Cutscenes, ya know, the things where it cuts away and there's a scene.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The fact that legendaries are BoA doesn't change the fact the stat system will change and yellow items aren't BoA - if the patch ships before AH closure, we will see a flood of new yellow items at astronomical prices and only the people whio stockpiled gold with dubious AH procedures will be able to get them and actually have an advantage over people who didn't.

So, patch is not happening before 18th. Also, the words they said were "between one week and one month" - it's way easier to postpone the expansion (tough very improbable due to the announcement) than putting the patch before AH closes and basically screw up everything.

Patch 2.0 = reset for everyone.
    You are just forgetting one thing.

You are comparing current state with 2.0.

If everyone gets good drops - why bother buy YELLOW items on AH? You can farm them yourself, unlike now where theres bigger chance to win the lottery than getting a good item yourself.

Also worthless buying uber gear now, when it will soon be obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are lazy Phurox?

Even if you say "Drop rates are greatly increased!" There are people who will go into game, kill 2 mobs and when they don't get a full legendary gear set will head right to the AH.

I'm guessin AH shutdown on the 18th, 2.0 on ~20th RoS on 25th