Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    What is the time spent in hours to farm an Alani Mount? On average?

Deleted
    I think I've put in a good 10-15 hours in the past few weeks into mogu slaughter and haven't had a single skyshard drop yet. I hate my RNG...

Yeah I have done dailies on multiple toons, and killed a ton of stuff. I have 3 shards so far. Not sure it is worth grinding 7 more.

Deleted
    The grind ain't worth it. Even if i could get one alani every 10 hours of farming (which is a VERY optimistic variant) thats just about 2000-3000 gold per hour, involving hardcore grinding all day long.

I make 100k gold per week just doing the jc shuffle in free time. Not hardcore mode, 1-2 hours a day. And windwool cloth is worth next to nothing on my realm. So my tip for anyone wanting this mount. Do not grind it. Just make the 20k gold on your professions and buy it. Easier, faster, less painful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The grind ain't worth it. Even if i could get one alani every 10 hours of farming (which is a VERY optimistic variant) thats just about 2000-3000 gold per hour, involving hardcore grinding all day long.

I make 100k gold per week just doing the jc shuffle in free time. Not hardcore mode, 1-2 hours a day. And windwool cloth is worth next to nothing on my realm.
    Spoiler alert, not everybody plays to make virtual money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogozjin View Post
    What is the time spent in hours to farm an Alani Mount? On average?
    Took me about 10,000 kills, individual kills, probably like 5-6 hours, but aoe would be quicker.

I did it as a frost mage, I could pull half the Ruins in a single pull and aoe them down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Spoiler alert, not everybody plays to make virtual money.
    Spoiler alert - if you are farming it to sell it, you sure as heck are playing to make virtual money.

Also, no need to be condescending when he/she is making a valid point.

Deleted
    I now have put in over 80 hours and got my first shard, jeeeej

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Farmed and sold about 40 mounts. No limitation or such thing with the mogu.
    my god, ive been farming for months and i am not even half way yet. congratualtions to you

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    So one thing that I've noticed while skyshard farming, the moment you kill your first 10 mobs, they simply refuse to drop anything but gold and 3 or 4 items. Normally there should be cache keys, greens, vendor grays and other things dropping. But once I kill 10-20 of the shao-tien mogu, literally nothing but cloth, blanched needle mushrooms, gold and motes drops.

I haven't been able to find any information about a kill/loot limitation, but it seems quite obvious there is such a thing, likely to offset the almost instantaneous respawn times of the mogu in the vale. Now the question remains, for the people who farmed skyshards through mogu and spent a little attention on the loot they got: Have you noticed something similar, and if so, did the skyshards still drop?
    looks like just a case of bad rng but if ur concerned about this, just shift right click loot them while you're fighting. i doubt all 20 of them die at the exact same time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stepped up the amount of time I spend farming and still have yet to see another skyshard drop. RNG sucks.

On my main I do a little bit of farming here and there. I don't do it for the Skyshards even if they are a nice bonus. I have tailoring and I craft Celestial Cloth on a daily CD, and whenever I'm running low on mats, I use a few potion of lucks, farm for an hour, and I get cloths, items I can disenchant, keys to chests, and sometimes shards. I have about 6 shards now, and RNG can be weird indeed. A few days I killed mobs for 2-3 hours in total with no drops, and then the next day I got two shards within the course of 2 minutes.

Deleted
    Finally got A shard yesterday bringing up my total to 3(first shard since I actively started farming). Actually counted up the amount of time, and it ended up being 15 hours of farming mogu to just get one shard. I hope the rest go a bit better, but I've made 6-7k gold doing this so it's not THAT bad.