Thread: Cleaning PC

Deleted

Cleaning PC

Can anyone recommend some sort of 'condensed can of air' device that would be good for getting dust out of places where air from your lungs doesn't suffice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Can anyone recommend some sort of 'condensed can of air' device that would be good for getting dust out of places where air from your lungs doesn't suffice?
    Hair dryer?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...3Acanned%20air
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-E...ywords=datavac

Works pretty good and will probably last long enough to pay for itself compared to cans with the 4 computers in my house.

I hear leaf blowers work quite well at instantly de-dusting the entire inner case. you can pickup cans condensed air quite cheaply a quick google is telling me they go for about 5-10£.

other wise old toothbrushes can be used to gently rub off dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Hair dryer?
    No, absolutely not.

The canned air Cyrops linked is good, though. You can pick them up at a plethora of places: electronics stores, home improvement stores, Walmart, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    No, absolutely not.

The canned air Cyrops linked is good, though. You can pick them up at a plethora of places: electronics stores, home improvement stores, Walmart, etc.
    What's wrong with hair dryer? Considering you turn off the air heating.

Static build up

A lot of people don't think to turn the hair dryer to cool, not to mention that non-ionizing hair dryers can (and do) create static, which could discharge onto your components.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    A lot of people don't think to turn the hair dryer to cool, not to mention that non-ionizing hair dryers can (and do) create static, which could discharge onto your components.
    Or they don't have a hair dryer that can turn off the heating element (like me, for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    That is good to know, thank you everyone

So I know OP went with canned air anyway... but I still feel I have to ask (in a sense) why not just got with *insert generic canned air here*? That's, likely, what 90% of people use. Just a random can of air duster they find at their local store. The other 10? Brand loyallity, hair dryers, vaccums, etc... Though nothing says you have to ONLY use canned air >_>

Deleted
    <Snip>

Warning: Please post constructively or not at all. You may think it's obvious that you're joking, but we have novice users here.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-14 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a discussion similar to this a while back, you may find that thread helpful:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ir-Compressors

I unplug all the wires, take my case outside. I grab my hairdryer - set it to "Cold" and turn it on. I don't have extra money to spare so this hairdryer method works very very well. After 5 minutes of the hairdryer use, all the dust is gone. I've done this for years with no detriment to both my computers.