Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Ghost Crawler Gone, now the We = reversal

    Anyone else notice that now that GC is gone there is blue comments about reversal of PVP alterations and a vibe of the older way of PVP/PVE style was better?

    Maybe.. some day paladins can get rid of Holy Power and just use their MANA.

    WoD is shaping up to be everything we've wanted in wow past,current and future!

  2. #2
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!
    I guess someone always has to win a BG for their systems.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!
    Because playing for 25 minutes for a tie is so rewarding and worthwhile compared to playing for a loss.
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448
    This thread doesn't make any sense.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I guess someone always has to win a BG for their systems.
    Plus the current system encourages people to keep trying to the end of the battle if they are just one flag behind/ahead.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Plus the current system encourages people to keep trying to the end of the battle if they are just one flag behind/ahead.
    This is true, But I feel more compelled to try to win the game if is tied than being down a flag with 1 - 5 mins left.

  8. #8
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-street/7/644/b35

    The man went to a better place, also this thread made no sense , once again it's started by someone who thinks that every change to the game was decided by Ghostcrawler alone.

    Being lead designer at Blizzard is being part of a team , you throw around balance ideas and changes and they get approved or disapproved by a handful of people , being lead designer at Blizzard is not being the Fuhrer of Nazi Germany...

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,091
    You're deluding yourself. WoW's development and balance teams remain exactly the same. Ghostcrawler was but a single member of that team. If you think his departure will change anything, you're just fooling yourself.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,986
    *sigh*

    Ghostcrawler deserves some flak as lead designer when things are received poorly by the community; such is the burden of being "lead". But he isn't the sole decision maker at Blizzard. He didn't direct everything. Not every change was his alone. As a senior software engineer myself I can attest: almost all decisions are made by the team. Almost all changes are discussed and fleshed out by the team.

    Can we stop this, please? Can we stop heaping this crap on the guy?



  11. #11
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    *sigh*

    Ghostcrawler deserves some flak as lead designer when things are received poorly by the community; such is the burden of being "lead". But he isn't the sole decision maker at Blizzard. He didn't direct everything. Not every change was his alone. As a senior software engineer myself I can attest: almost all decisions are made by the team. Almost all changes are discussed and fleshed out by the team.

    Can we stop this, please? Can we stop heaping this crap on the guy?
    Given he went to riot I think he secretly loves abuse from players, so let it continue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Given he went to riot I think he secretly loves abuse from players, so let it continue!
    Riot's devs actually have an extremely good relationship with the player base. You should check out how active riot employees are on the league subreddit.

    The herpderp cjerk about league's community comes from how players treat each other, which is definitely an issue in low level or low elo games.

  13. #13
    Immortal Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by soletaken View Post
    Riot's devs actually have an extremely good relationship with the player base. You should check out how active riot employees are on the league subreddit.

    The herpderp cjerk about league's community comes from how players treat each other, which is definitely an issue in low level or low elo games.
    Blizz gets a lot of good feedback, too. I've seen some of LoL's feedback so I am sticking with him being a masochist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    *sigh*

    Ghostcrawler deserves some flak as lead designer when things are received poorly by the community; such is the burden of being "lead". But he isn't the sole decision maker at Blizzard. He didn't direct everything. Not every change was his alone. As a senior software engineer myself I can attest: almost all decisions are made by the team. Almost all changes are discussed and fleshed out by the team.

    Can we stop this, please? Can we stop heaping this crap on the guy?

    Clueless angry teenagers with no idea how the real world works in big companies need a scapegoat.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the west country
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Can we stop this, please? Can we stop heaping this crap on the guy?
    no, no we cant. he deserves everything he gets & more.

  16. #16
    Epic! Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Clueless angry teenagers with no idea how the real world works in big companies need a scapegoat.
    Admittedly, adults like to blame Clinton/Bush/Obama for everything as well, when... yadda yadda yadda, pudding.

    I've never even blamed a company for bad changes to a game, it's all some sort of calculated risk, as with everything in life.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Anyone else notice that now that GC is gone there is blue comments about reversal of PVP alterations and a vibe of the older way of PVP/PVE style was better?

    Maybe.. some day paladins can get rid of Holy Power and just use their MANA.

    WoD is shaping up to be everything we've wanted in wow past,current and future!
    Not sure I'm as optimistic as you are, but I certainly feel like the direction the blue responses are going towards are better than what we've had the past 4 years or so.

    Time will tell.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Admittedly, adults like to blame Clinton/Bush/Obama for everything as well, when... yadda yadda yadda, pudding.

    I've never even blamed a company for bad changes to a game, it's all some sort of calculated risk, as with everything in life.
    Presidents are the most powerful people, so yes, they do deserve a lot of blame or credit. I hear this all the time with football: "The quarterback gets too much blame/credit." Poppycock. If Tony Romo throws a pick-6 with less than 2 minutes to go, and the Cowboys lose, that's on Romo. That's not on the other 46 guys or the dozens of coaches who spilled their guts out on that sunday.

    It's unclear what the overall influence of GC was (to me at least), but there is little doubt in most people's minds that cata and mop were significantly inferior to Wrath-era wow, and to many others inferior to BC and even vanilla.

  18. #18
    Legendary! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!
    this.

    it's so stupid
    There is only one god and his name is Sargeras.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,986
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    no, no we cant. he deserves everything he gets & more.
    Please explain why. Please outline every decision that 100% his, and his alone, and what the reaction was. Right, you can't.



  20. #20
    Dreadlord Lovecrafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-street/7/644/b35

    The man went to a better place, also this thread made no sense , once again it's started by someone who thinks that every change to the game was decided by Ghostcrawler alone.

    Being lead designer at Blizzard is being part of a team , you throw around balance ideas and changes and they get approved or disapproved by a handful of people , being lead designer at Blizzard is not being the Fuhrer of Nazi Germany...
    Riot Games is a "better place"? Oh man.....
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •