Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please explain why. Please outline every decision that 100% his, and his alone, and what the reaction was. Right, you can't.
    You can't reason with the mindless haters.

I get a chuckle especially from paladin players who hate the man, even though GC was the one who made Ret more viable than ever. I guess they want to go back to Vanilla where they are told to "Heal or GTFO"

I wouldnt say people trolling and spitting venom at LoL as part of the actual "Feedback", The feedback Lol does get is positive for the majority and where useful, is seen being used to improve the game.

as in "we're making these changes" "okay feedback from gameplay and player opinions" "alright lets go in this direction and adapt it based on our data and the feedback/other stuff that supports it" "releasing content"

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain why. Please outline every decision that 100% his, and his alone, and what the reaction was. Right, you can't.
    You cannot reason with people who have mindless/no logic based conviction, they believe he's the cause of all that's wrong therefore it's true.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Ghostcrawler leaving has no impact on WoW's reversals of systems. Some changes needed time to see if they would work out and with the gear scaling changes coming next expansion, it wouldn't surprise me that the devs think baseline resilience wouldn't need to be that high once damage toned down. They had to keep increasing it this expansion because of the exponential increase that came between tiers and the fact that adding a 4th difficulty mid expansion didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Anyone else notice that now that GC is gone there is blue comments about reversal of PVP alterations and a vibe of the older way of PVP/PVE style was better?

Maybe.. some day paladins can get rid of Holy Power and just use their MANA.

WoD is shaping up to be everything we've wanted in wow past,current and future!
    I just hope people judge the next expansion objectively, rather subjectively simply because GC is no longer present at Blizzard.

Well why does it seem that the stance on the game is "do more with less" which is what people have wanted for a long time. You get rid of the things they added to the game (like reforging) and go back to the time of "oh I just got a new helm in this raid, I can now equip this helm with out worrying about it lowering a certain stat that I'm told I need and/or I can go ahead and equip the helm with out worrying about not having the enchant or gem for it"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    You can't reason with the mindless haters.

I get a chuckle especially from paladin players who hate the man, even though GC was the one who made Ret more viable than ever. I guess they want to go back to Vanilla where they are told to "Heal or GTFO"
    Surely, you know that vanilla was the pinnacle of all gaming ever?

You know, where like a fourth of the games specs were viable for any sort of gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    no, no we cant. he deserves everything he gets & more.
    Considering hes getting payed to take all the feedback from players, yes he deserves all the shit he gets and more. I hope you don't think he keeps in touch with the community because they are such a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Surely, you know that vanilla was the pinnacle of all gaming ever?

You know, where like a fourth of the games specs were viable for any sort of gameplay.
    Just as bad as players who can't recognize some changes have not been for the better

A lot of things improved from classic, a lot of things also degraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I just hope people judge the next expansion objectively, rather subjectively simply because GC is no longer present at Blizzard.
    Why? Why do you give a damn about retards who are unable to think normally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    You cannot reason with people who have mindless/no logic based conviction, they believe he's the cause of all that's wrong therefore it's true.
    He got payed to bring news, he got payed to be the face of all what is good or wrong with the game. Theres nothing wrong with letting people bash him.

To be fair, thats the burden of leadership and rightfully so. If you approve of a change that is on you. You didn't understand it? Your problem, you should have made sure you understand the implications if you approved it! After you've taken the blame you can then go and look for a scape goat
    one rank below you, and sacrifice that one to your boss. Even if you simply can't understand some descisions, some common sense will always be required. Being able to understand that it is probably not a good idea to have rotating blades on the front of your car is something, that is expected of every manager in the automobile industry, despite your designer having the opinion that it looks awsome. The same common sense is expected of someone that should know how the playerbase behaves and giving everyone so many dailies (and putting decent epics at the end of each and every one of them) that they will 100% OD on them, let alone the implications of alts. Thats simply how it works. If I develop shit and my boss travels around and trys to sell it and only gets negative responses that still means he was dumb enough to approve of me developing it in the first place, he can fire me later for it, but that still doesn't make him look better in the eye of our customers.

Edit: Also to make this clear, I didn't hate the guy (actually I pity him, really Riot? DOTA games are the next MMORPGs imho. The hype will not persist forever and Riot has no other games afaik). I just hated how he behaved like the god of everything in some of his posts, especially the one where he claimed they have "all the spread sheets", and yet clearly didn't see any of the problems people pointed out even during beta.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-01-14 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    SNIP.

He got payed to bring news, he got payed to be the face of all what is good or wrong with the game. Theres nothing wrong with letting people bash him.
    Sadly I have to agree with that.

When you get paid to be the face of the company for a game and you are labeled "Lead designer" in some capacity.

You do indeed deserve to take whatever flack that comes around. You're put out front for a reason. Doesn't really matter how mindless or honest the bashing is, it's coming your way and you deserve it. Otherwise, get a different job where your not so out front.

Ghostcrawler chose to be the face of what was otherwise an anonymous and closed process.
    He started a trend for communication that simply did not exist prior.

Take a look at fellow players before you blame him.
    The community having gone downhill is something no honest player can deny.
    Vanilla or any stage of the game had an experience created only in part by the game itself, with a large part created by the community.
    That community now sucks, and plays a larger part in the sub decline than many want to admit.
    Always easier to blame someone else rather than taking a good hard look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

When you get paid to be the face of the company for a game and you are labeled "Lead designer" in some capacity.

You do indeed deserve to take whatever flack that comes around. You're put out front for a reason. Doesn't really matter how mindless or honest the bashing is, it's coming your way and you deserve it. Otherwise, get a different job where your not so out front.
    He chose to talk to an ungrateful and stupid playerbase.
    He was not paid to do that.

He was doing something that simply was not done before.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

No he does not deserve it. He never did deserve such the immature and even death threats he got. All you folks are doing is apologizing for non constructive feedback.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really believe the shit that spews out of your mouth? Come on be a little more creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be fair, thats the burden of leadership and rightfully so. If you approve of a change that is on you. You didn't understand it? Your problem, you should have made sure you understand the implications if you approved it! After you've taken the blame you can then go and look for a scape goat
    one rank below you, and sacrifice that one to your boss. Even if you simply can't understand some descisions, some common sense will always be required. Being able to understand that it is probably not a good idea to have rotating blades on the front of your car is something, that is expected of every manager in the automobile industry, despite your designer having the opinion that it looks awsome. The same common sense is expected of someone that should know how the playerbase behaves and giving everyone so many dailies (and putting decent epics at the end of each and every one of them) that they will 100% OD on them, let alone the implications of alts. Thats simply how it works. If I develop shit and my boss travels around and trys to sell it and only gets negative responses that still means he was dumb enough to approve of me developing it in the first place, he can fire me later for it, but that still doesn't make him look better in the eye of our customers.
    There is a burden of leadership to factor in here. That is true. But remember the forum hate that we experience here and on the official forums is rarely the realistic feedback that Blizzard actually gets. As well, every decision is being attributed to him, even ones that he would have no input or ownership over. He didn't control every single change in World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    and the only thing that even resembles a ret paladin anymore is freedom and judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    yeah well that kind of happens when a spec is clearly not competitive enough, people complain about it, and then you get a recycled response of "we are pleased with the state of your class/spec"

Why? Why do you give a damn about retards who are unable to think normally.
    says the guy living with his mom and making minimum wage

if he has a job at all

OHOHOHOHO

Infracted, there is no need for flaming to create a good discussion.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-14 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    SNIP...
    He chose to talk to an ungrateful and stupid playerbase.
    He was not paid to do that.

He was doing something that simply was not done before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No he does not deserve it. He never did deserve such the immature and even death threats he got. All you folks are doing is apologizing for non constructive feedback.

The he took the risk at gamers retaliation or praise for what they deem are poor decisions and at times good decisions. Minus the, "I kill you" garbage I have no problem with gamers telling him how they feel.

Either way, if you put yourself out there either being paid for it or willingly, you deserve whatever feedback comes your way for the most part. That's all part of putting your face out there. If you don't want it to happen, stay behind the door.

Doesn't make it right or wrong if you ask me, it just is what it is.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-01-14 at 04:28 PM.

I find that people who blame Ghostcrawler for everything they do not like in the game do so from a point of view of someone who is ignorant and short sighted. They don’t know how things work behind the scenes and make knee-jerk reactions based on what they don’t know. The guy gets blamed for projects he had no contact with and for projects that are worked on in a team based environment.

Its like blaming the president for the stock market going down, when in fact the president has nothing to do with the stock market and the stock market goes up and down all the time. The state of the economy today has less to do with who is president today and more to do with generations of politicians and business men before them. Same thing with Gas prices. People who buy into these ideals to support their belief that a president is bad are short sighted individuals who have no clue what really effects the economy or gas prices, they just jump up angrily when given the slightest wiff of blame and play into the hands of politicians who are looking to make voters angry because angry people vote.

Stop blaming GC, he had far less to do with changes in the game then people like to believe merely because it fits a simple minded narrative. Don’t be a simpleton and consider that there is more going on behind the curtain than a disembodied head that tells everyone what they have to do or risk displeasing him. “IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!”

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe the new lead will know enough math to know that 1=1/2=2 and get rid of the stupid tie rule in WSG/TP!
    No, that rule makes a lot of sense from a gameplay point of view.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"