Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Well you can't blame GC for leaving a sinking ship for something with more opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Really, if you want to blame someone for all of WoW's faults, perceived or otherwise, blame Pritchard. He's the Game Director and was Street's boss.
    I've never even heard of that person. o.O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    hunters are still among the most played classes.
    It's interesting: play (say) a warrior on Timeless Isle, then play a BM hunter. What a difference.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've never even heard of that person. o.O
    Neither have I, last I knew Tom chilton was the game director, and they recently brought back the old guy who's also not called pritchard to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Uh yes, he is a liar. Feel free to check out his own posts and see how many of the things he promised turned out to be lies.
    The problem is Blizzard never makes promises. When someone says they would like to make xyz change or develop a feature doesn't mean it's ever going to happen. I'd like to go to Hawaii as a family before my children turn 18. If I don't meet my goal it doesn't make me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Why do people think GC could do whatever he wanted? It has nothing to do with him at all. He was part of team with checks and balances and several bosses above him making the final decisions.
    True but as lead designer his voice is more important than any one of his peers, just not more important than the whole of his peers.

Simply put, he had more sway than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Can we stop this, please? Can we stop heaping this crap on the guy?
    this is why you're my favorite mod
    but OT: he's gone, all of you need to stop with the hate

I must say that his departure will not affect the game or the company in any other way other than things will go slower for a while, since someone else must do his job until they have a replacement, and they will only find people with less experience and knowledge of the game.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    this is why you're my favorite mod
    but OT: he's gone, all of you need to stop with the hate
    I think people need to stop all using the new gnome face as avatars, its misleading.

But hey, opinions are just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, but the team is meant to make mistakes, come up with stupid ideas and generally be creative. It's the leads task to step in and keep order to the chaos and reject idiocy. Clearly that doesn't work when you're an idiot yourself, I'm sure you can confirm that a stupid lead leads stupidly. Not you, but I'm sure you've seen idiots as leads before, since you're in the field. It's not just that he deserves some flak for what was his ideas, he deserves flak for basically anything that he wrote publically and was proven to be either BS or the stupidest idea ever implemented and for anything his team produced and turned out to be stupid. Suddenly "some flak" turns into "a ton of flak". He's been the lead. He's not just some codemonkey. And he also never shied away from the dubious internet fame. You can't take the glory and then reject the criticism just because you feel emotional today.
    I think GC's public communication was informative. He trolled the trolls and god knows there's a *lot* of them around. But prior to him there was very little if any public communication. That's even worse. He was used as lightning rod to focus all your hate at and it's still working even after leaving Blizzard. I'm sure he will be blamed for years much like GW Bush is still blamed for all the USA's problems. People always need a scapegoat for ideas they don't support whether they were successful or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    True but as lead designer his voice is more important than any one of his peers, just not more important than the whole of his peers.

Simply put, he had more sway than others.
    He was *the* face of outgoing communication. Rather than have 10 people communicating they had a single focal point. Funnel everything through GC instead of fragmenting communication. You know how annoying it is to have to follow multiple people on twitter now if you have interest in what blues have to say? It takes more time which will result in me ignoring them altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Wrong, he listened to the playerbase. People complained they wanted X changed for convenience and he gave them what they wanted. Now you're in the boat you're in.
    That's another failure of his. It's a well established fact that people do not know what will make them happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    you really still think gc is the one to blame for WoW? lol its not that gc could wave his magic hands and the devs would follow by everyting he wants. its all teambased.
    He himself says in his CV that he lead about half the WoW team and was responsible for a long list of different aspects of the game. Of course there are other people involved, but I have no doubt his vision and design ideas very instrumental in shaping WoW into the mess it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    I just hope they do something different with the talent system. I'm getting tired quick of this current system.
    Maybe you should forget how you "think" a talent system should be and understand that this new system is the best possible way to give each person a way of being unique.

Anyone who tells you other wise is a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    When you get hired to a gaming company and your first order of business is to take the games by far and away most favored and played class (Hunter) and turn it in to the least favored and played class overnight you doom your stay with the company. He reaped what he sowed.
    Hunters were by and far the most played class because every noob rolled one.

"Huntard" is a part of the WoW lexicon for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Holy power is just as simplistic.
    So instead you just want to OOM yourself with abilities and wait for it to come back, or just wait on CDs?

How enthralling.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Neither have I, last I knew Tom chilton was the game director, and they recently brought back the old guy who's also not called pritchard to help.
    Oops. My bad. I meant Chilton. Sorry. Mea culpa.

EDIT: Substituted a friend's name for Chilton's. Apologies to him and everyone else for that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-01-15 at 08:31 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    That's another failure of his. It's a well established fact that people do not know what will make them happy.
    I would not call it a failure. Just an unfortunate position. He can either listen and give players what they want. Or he just ignore them and do his own things. No matter what he does, some people some where will moan and complain and make a crusade that is was all his fault for listening or not listening to people.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and even all of that is nothing but.....

Opinion.

If GC is such an idiot - well what does that say about his new employer, another company that has made a very sucessfull game (LoL) and where his fellow workers (who, let us not forget this are business insiders) - embrace him with open arms?

Then again - what am I trying to argue? You will probably decide that you have the right to call him an idiot because you as a consumer know naturally what proper decisions for a game ar. And you will probably argue that Riot games is just pretending to be happy and that decision was forced onto them.

No person alone makes or breaks a game or a company. Or how come that Bill Roper was percieved as "the mastermind that made D2 such a great game" yet also ended as "the idiot that failed so enormously with Flagship Studios and Hellgate: London" when he left Blizzard to do his own thing?
    If you've seen balance in LoL you would realize why they would hire an idiot. But GC isnt really one of them.

What are these changes ure talking about? I havent heard anything lol.
    Were can i see the latest?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If you've seen balance in LoL you would realize why they would hire an idiot. But GC isnt really one of them.
    If anything GC would be the one to bring balance to the force^H^H^H err I mean LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If anything GC would be the one to bring balance to the force^H^H^H err I mean LoL.
    We shall see, but given the brief description of his role there and even in WoW it wont be balance so much as focus on other things. Maybe it wont take a few years or so for announced features to get released like they have in the past.