Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StateBMartin View Post
    Wow...

Who in the hell would leave Blizzard Entertainment as Lead Designer for a shit game like LoL?
    Crazy.
    Shitty designers. That's who.

My guild missed killing heroic LK 10 when it was current content because our off tank bailed on us to play LOL. I have hated LOL since then.

I'm sorry we have to have more GC inflicted upon us, but I can always close the tab at least.

I feel sorry for LoL players.

pay to win, powerful mage, free epic loot ...

Good riddance.

And please, MMO programmer goons, can we get an 'opt out of GC posts' on the main page? He's not an employee any more.

don't worry, your class will still be nerfed with a different lead designer.
    Have fun finding new devs to hate and complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    League isn't really a MMO. Its a 5v5 arena based PvP game. Sure they have like 60-70 million + players, but its not a persistent world MMO.
    source that they have 60+ million players? not just registered accounts, cause anyone can make 100 accounts..

omg how a game designer can switch from wow to lol without an car crash before :O i hate lol xD omg ghostcrawler failed! :X

Quote Originally Posted by fnfal View Post
    Good riddance.

And please, MMO programmer goons, can we get an 'opt out of GC posts' on the main page? He's not an employee any more.
    He still is in the gaming industry, this site isnt just dedicated too the wow community, the toxicity levels are rising.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

High Overlord
    Bleh i am pretty sure now that GC didn't just decided he had to leave, there was a mini-drama or mega-drama included inside blizzard!

Anyone here around thinks perhaps that the imminent delay announcement of WoD is the reason he left? Blizzard was bragging about how fast content can come out to players the last year yet, we are facing Siege of Orgrimar patch going to last for as much as a year! till new expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    Bleh i am pretty sure now that GC didn't just decided he had to leave, there was a mini-drama or mega-drama included inside blizzard!

Anyone here around thinks perhaps that the imminent delay announcement of WoD is the reason he left? Blizzard was bragging about how fast content can come out to players the last year yet, we are facing Siege of Orgrimar patch going to last for as much as a year! till new expansion hits.
    I don't know, nor do I particularly care to be honest.

I'm a LoL player and I feel a bit concerned though. I mean there's nothing wrong with GC and he probably did a great job at Blizzard, but he's a WoW dude for me, LoL is something as different as day and night. I don't know. I think it will be hard for people to get over this association.
    3DS (Pokemon X) friendcode: 1263-6368-9207. PM me!

fix EU WEST!11

>>>>>>>>>>my 3DS Friend Code : 3007-8122-0355<<<<<<<<<

EH come on now guys.. He just went to RioT to work for the new "WoW" witch they are developing right now based on the LoL universe lore.

Demacia vs Noxus... Weeeee! Here comes WoW2 guys hihihi. All hail GC! All hail GC!All hail GC! BOW DOWN YOU INFIDEL!
    Someone once told me not to bite off more than i can chew. I said i would rather choke on Greatness than nibble on Mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    He still is in the gaming industry, this site isnt just dedicated too the wow community, the toxicity levels are rising.
    I remember people used that as a reason for why they wanted posts from other MMO's (Rift, SWTOR, etc etc) on the mainpage, yet that 'makes no sense because MMO-champion was just for WoW so gtfo', so why should Ghostcrawler posts keep coming then?

By the way, appearently one of the first changes since GC joined Riot introduced in the new LoL patch basically made the map uneven as fuck, pretty ironic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    I remember people used that as a reason for why they wanted posts from other MMO's (Rift, SWTOR, etc etc) on the mainpage, yet that 'makes no sense because MMO-champion was just for WoW so gtfo', so why should Ghostcrawler posts keep coming then?

By the way, appearently one of the first changes since GC joined Riot introduced in the new LoL patch basically made the map uneven as fuck, pretty ironic :P
    plsnorage its still a gaming site.
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    Why does Wrath get looked back on with such positivity? Are folks blinded by nostalgia? Anyone that played in Wrath knows most hated it but now everyone looks back at it like the good ole' days. Maybe people didn't know what they had back then. /shrug
    You see you are forcing your own opinion on others. Wotlk was the best expansion for me, when I had an amazing guild, most of my friends were still playing this game. Yes it were the good ol days much better than TBC. The only time I had more fun was in vanilla when I started but the fun faded as I didnt raid and there was nothing for me to do. In tbc it was the same case Karazhan gruul and thats it go back to battlegrounds farming epix.

On topic I'm glad ghostcrawler came to riot as I play league of legends hopefully the game will be more balanced because at the moment champions like Kassadin/Riven and Nasus rape everyone in low elo.

Quote Originally Posted by Azylo View Post
    Gonegratz to Riot.
    hahaha you, my good sir, made my day
    Someone once told me not to bite off more than i can chew. I said i would rather choke on Greatness than nibble on Mediocrity.

Oh please, can someone hit Ghostcrawler with a Truck so he can leave gaming alone? Why isn't he doing what other people of his character do? He could go into politics for example. Nobody expects most of them to have a clue of their job, but they usually talk a lot of bullshit quite fluently. Though reflecting of his overall behavior warlord in central-africa or something equally fitting for a sociopath like him would be enough.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2014-01-15 at 11:49 AM.

Greg Street is a very experienced game designer, but most importantly, he has experience in leadership. Having grown to a huge size in a very small amount of time, Riot probably has strong needs for leadership in all areas of the business. It is something that most players don't consider (and why should they?) but finding great leaders in the relatively young industry that is online games is tough, and top men are fought over tooth and nail.

Riot is so successful with League of Legends that they are bound to explore new games and new genres, but I don't think this is why Mr Street was hired per se. I think it's like Morello said: there are a lot of designers now at Riot, and not enough people to lead them in a common direction, and this is why he was offered a job (and probably a great package).

If you would allow the analogy, if raid size would go from 25 to 250 players, we would probably need more than one raid-leader.

Quote Originally Posted by autobahn1212 View Post
    R.I.P Ghostcrawler career. Everyone in the industry knows Riot and Pendragon are low life scum when it comes to games.
    I care very little about what Ghostcrawler does, and even less about WoW and LoL. I just wanted to point out that saying a man who is now going to have experience leading the 2 most popular games in the world is probably going to be fine.

Edit: The amount of people that think this one person has some sort of ultimate, unmatched control over an entire team of developers is astounding.