Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised.. poor guy he will soon realize what he step into..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    Why does Wrath get looked back on with such positivity? Are folks blinded by nostalgia? Anyone that played in Wrath knows most hated it but now everyone looks back at it like the good ole' days. Maybe people didn't know what they had back then. /shrug
    Because it had Ulduar, while most raid encounters were shit...the raid design was pretty amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Phew, at least someone shares my view on this at last.
    Too bad that more then often understanding in how the game works just ends up in exploiting game mechanics. In any game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So in the news post you say people were polled and wanted to see GCs tweets occasionally, and people said yes. Now you're saying we're not going to see anything from him? huh?
    People said yes, but the news has been full enough without them. Today was a good opportunity to present them, but we might not hear much from him for a while. After he starts tweeting again we will see how relevant it is. The poll was mostly to make sure the majority didn't not want to see them.

Lol league is finished

Current company losing millions of customers per year after a lengthy run as boss?

LOL Time to find a new job!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    Someone just explain me why someone would go from Blizzard (HUGE) to Riot (Small as an ant compared to Blizzard)? thats just LoL!
    No longer I believe he left Blizzard on his own free will!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Someone just explain me why someone would go from Blizzard (HUGE) to Riot (Small as an ant compared to Blizzard)? thats just LoL!
    Riot has much more money than Blizzard and I am sure that they even pay more than Blizzard. And maybe, just maybe WoW has gotten to big for him so he wanted to go to a company where he can focus on some things instead of looking at the whole thing at once and get overwhelmed

Are people now seriously saying LoL is for 12 years old? We just came from an expansion about panda's...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Current company losing millions of customers per year after a lengthy run as boss?

LOL Time to find a new job!
    I believe you should look at their hierarchy again. He's certainly not 'the boss'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I take it you have no clue how much money LoL makes daily right?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by dabone View Post
    Riot has much more money than Blizzard and I am sure that they even pay more than Blizzard. And maybe, just maybe WoW has gotten to big for him so he wanted to go to a company where he can focus on some things instead of looking at the whole thing at once and get overwhelmed
    Riot Games is not a small company in comparison to Blizzard, especially with how many designers they churn through and hire on what seems to be a monthly basis. I doubt Greg Street moved from Blizzard to Riot Games for a smaller company experience. Seems like the shittiest choice for him if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I completely support his choice. Riot is the right place for someone like him. I think Ghostcrawler has good ideas on paper, but they didn't necessarily translate well to WoW. I didn't like him being one of the leads on WoW because for me, he didn't have the passion for Warcraft as a universe and didn't take it into consideration when working on new systems/balancing things out and that means the game losing flavor. LoL is a much "simpler" game and you really can focus on balancing and streamlining things out without much consequence.
    Agreed I wouldn't go so far as some of the idiots *why is a marine biologist making games derp* but he didn't seem to be as involved with the WoW UNIVERSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

So much uninformed, venomous hate here. It's sad that so many of you are such vile excuses for human beings. I'm sure Mr. Street knows exactly what kind of company Riot is, and made an decision that he feels is good for him. Who the hell are any of you to criticize?

Why does Wrath get looked back on with such positivity? Are folks blinded by nostalgia? Anyone that played in Wrath knows most hated it but now everyone looks back at it like the good ole' days. Maybe people didn't know what they had back then. /shrug
    I don't understand it either, ICC was ok, so was Ulduar, Naxx and TOC were boring as hell, all other dungeons were boring as hell, most of wrath was boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Deleted
    Lets look at PvP in WoW since the release of TBC.

TBC - arena had a massive following, participation was 10x what it is now and arena was in fact an eSport. Intel extreme master, MLG, EG/Dignitas sponsors ect ect ect. Hard to compare it to newer expansions because part of the fun was everybody was so bad, the difference between 1500 players and 2.7k players was huge (unlike Cata/MoP), so you if you were good you had room to outplay someone and win.

Wrath - was more of the same, participation dropped, but WoW remained a strong eSport with a huge PvP community. The game was still largely skill-based with reactionary mechanics such as charge/nova jumping, vanish immuning, complex (sorta) talent trees that were customizable to suit the person playstyle, no hybrid healing which lead to an unforgiving but competitive experience. The vast majority of top and ex-top players agree 3.3.5 was the best state the game has ever been in. It wasn't balanced by any stretch, but the core mechanics of the game, such as offensive/defensive dispelling meta game were nearly perfect for what a game like WoW needs to be competitive. Strategy.

Cata - Game dropped from every competitive group, 3 illegitimate arena seasons due to incompetence from devs over MMR, arena-match history removed so players can't make community based 'decisions', skirmishes removed, awful mechanics, skill-based mechanics removed. Haste levels dropped and the rise of instant cast abilities (CC), pace of the game slowed down but not in a good way. Vial of shadows/cunning left in the game for a month and ruined S11, trinkets that one-shot people, rogue legendary worse than shadowmourne by far.

MoP - Further dumbing down of class mechanics, passive abilities incorporated into multiple spells. Overhaul of talent trees (initial reaction was good), but we now realize they are even more cookie-cutter than ever and completely uncustomizable compared to old trees. Awful mechanics, AI pets become MvPs, abilities implemented blindly because they are fun, psyfiend, stampede, warriors and hunters 1 shotting people from 2 months in S12, MMR not reset and treant stun in S13, S14 titles devalued slightly better than past two seasons but the game is still in an awful state.

I havn't done PvE since the first week of Cata where I just decided it was terrible.

But doesn't it seem slightly odd they'd recruit him from a game that had its PvP scene completely die due to minor developmental decisions?

People are talking about raids, but what does PvE balance, where you could give everyone 3 buttons that all do the same thing and it'd probably be just as fun, have to do with a game like League? Whether ToC looked nice or not is irrelevant.

The truth is the core gameplay mechanics have this game have just dropped through the floor since Wrath. PvE and PvP.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2014-01-14 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I don't understand it either, ICC was ok, so was Ulduar, Naxx and TOC were boring as hell, all other dungeons were boring as hell, most of wrath was boring.
    Subjective opinions are subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I think the "You don't know how good you have it until it's gone" applies heavily for time dedicated games; which WoW was. Not so much anymore, from my perspective. And people probably enjoyed the game through nostalgia or true grievance of missing the past titles. I don't know exactly of course, but there certainly were much better mechanics from the past that have been removed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Wrath get looked back on with such positivity? Are folks blinded by nostalgia? Anyone that played in Wrath knows most hated it but now everyone looks back at it like the good ole' days
    Ulduar has to be the best raid ever made.

The flexibility in deciding which boss to fight and the mechanic in enabling hard mode were also a great bonus to an already perfect raid.

Deleted
    Hmm, lead game designer at the top of the industry to...... some b-grade developer.
    "Interesting" career move, just confirms for me that he didn't leave blizzard freely, but got fired....

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    rofl RIP League Of Legends .

clearly you guys dont know how a trojan works...