Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Whats a solid anti-Hunter class in pvp?

I find myself facing mostly hunters in BG's and Arena and it's getting pretty tiresome. (Especially hunter/priest ugh)

What would be a good choise for a solid anti-Hunter class in pvp right now?
    It seems anything that needs to cast or is easily kitable is already off the list.

Unholy DK
    Affliction Lock
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin
    Feral Druid
    Ret Paladin since you can't cleanse wings anymore (can kill you purely with HoW spam).

Anything with self-healing and dot damage really.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2014-01-14 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW monk (range disarm) or dk work pretty well against hunters. Also you need talents for mobility. (duh)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Since hunters can use their bow at 0 distance there is not much anymore that matches them.

Deleted
    Find a Warrior and find some dispels for the Warrior. Hunters are the kings of screwing you over with Cc atm. They can mess you up so bad with ease while dishing out mega amounts of damage (good hunters can anyway). Mostly you just need to pillar hug or LoS and oh don't walk into traps hehe. Easier said than done though. There are others as mentioned above too. Failing that find another Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Since hunters can use their bow at 0 distance there is not much anymore that matches them.
    Stop trying to mongo them and use your head? Hunters have only 1 real defensive cooldown and about the worst self healing in the game. Pretty big hints there on how to beat them.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2014-01-14 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy Death Knight
    Affliction/Demonology Warlock
    Feral/Balance Druid
    Windwalker Monk

Everything else either has somewhat of a chance or none at all.

Ele isn't bad against them

My top alt (and former main) was moonkin. I liked moonkin vs. hunter, especially with a monk symbiosis.

I recently switched the moonkin alt for a mage. And while it's been fun overall, I now get my ass kicked by any semi conscious hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Stop trying to mongo them and use your head? Hunters have only 1 real defensive cooldown and about the worst self healing in the game. Pretty big hints there on how to beat them.
    Not to mention no DoT protection or self-dispells.

When I'm on my feral, if I can get the opener (pounce + all bleeds and craps) I usually don't have a big problem with them. But if you don't get the opener its tough.
    Hunters have too much CC, and too much dmg too.

I think they should not have auto attack on distance or it should do less dmg, they should treat them like casters, give them a couple more casting arrow spells and less or no auto attack from distance

lol nerf them huntards blizzard come on \o/
    Last edited by Dumaw; 2014-01-14 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    When I'm on my feral, if I can get the opener (pounce + all bleeds and craps) I usually don't have a big problem with them. But if you don't get the opener its tough.
    Hunters have too much CC, and too much dmg too.

I think they should not have auto attack on distance or it should do less dmg, they should treat them like casters, give them a couple more casting arrow spells and less or no auto attack from distance

lol nerf them huntards blizzard come on \o/
    rofl.. can you be more clueless... hillarious reading

I disagree with casters being weak to hunters. As a clothie Mage or Warlock, I feel like you provide a lot for your team putting out a lot of INSTANT damage the hunter can't stop by kiting you while being able to mitigate their damage by fear/nova/ring and LOSing with portals/blink/blazing speed.

Deleted
    hunters need their min range back period

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hunters need their min range back period
    Wasn't even a good mechanic in the first place, unless they add the ability to use melee attacks again.

Try fighting fire with fire man. Just become a better hunter and establish yourself on the top of the food chain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Wasn't even a good mechanic in the first place, unless they add the ability to use melee attacks again.

Try fighting fire with fire man. Just become a better hunter and establish yourself on the top of the food chain.
    maybe it wasn't, but hunters are the most retarded class now, they practically patched the skill out of the class xD it used to be one of the hardest classes (well beast mastery was always playable by a chimpanzee)

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    maybe it wasn't, but hunters are the most retarded class now, they practically patched the skill out of the class xD it used to be one of the hardest classes
    I will agree with you on that. Back in previous expansions, such as Wrath, hunters actually took skill. Granted, what class requires skill nowadays, other than Feral druids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Not to mention no DoT protection or self-dispells.
    Dwarfs Stoneform. /Flex
    I like juice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I will agree with you on that. Back in previous expansions, such as Wrath, hunters actually took skill. Granted, what class requires skill nowadays, other than Feral druids?
    frost mages, because spamming ice lance hurts your fingers, so you have to skillfully poke the key to avoid serious injury or death

Just started doing 2s again (disc/arms) and we havent had too much trouble with hunters. AoE fear the stampede, force his cds = win. For some reason the last few hunters have tried to focus me (priest) and I just run around and pillar hump while cleansing and self heals while the warrior kills his partner then he is a dead hunter. Haven't had one kill me yet....