Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

question for us destro locks

is picking the talent grimoire of sacrifice doing more damage then with a pet in Soo ive been doing it here and there and for me with my gear ive seen better numbers

For the most part....yes

I have always liked GoSac better from a play style perspective (destro).

The two are very close and you can run with either, but GoSac starts to gain ground with Purified Bindings due to its crit dmg modifier scaling the bajeebas out of Chaos Bolt and the Toxic Totem multi strike trinket which does not proc from pet dmg, and thus does not scale pet damage but only your personal dmg which GoSac buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    is picking the talent grimoire of sacrifice doing more damage then with a pet in Soo ive been doing it here and there and for me with my gear ive seen better numbers
    Depends on the fight.

Depends on the fight.
    This is the answer to about 99% of all the "What is best?" questions out there.

I only use a pet as destro on thok because you're not able to cast 100% of the time. Fire and brimstone spells aren't buffed by the sac so if its a fight where you use that a lot then the pet can be better. But fights like spoils or galakras you shadowburn a lot too and the buff to that would make up the pet damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    I only use a pet as destro on thok because you're not able to cast 100% of the time. Fire and brimstone spells aren't buffed by the sac so if its a fight where you use that a lot then the pet can be better. But fights like spoils or galakras you shadowburn a lot too and the buff to that would make up the pet damage.
    pretty much this.
    I also want to add that when you are not a that experienced player you´re doing better with sticking to GoSup. The whole gain of GoSac is lost when you don´t use your chaosbolts and shadowburns right while GoSup is free DPS you can´t really screw up.

10+ Year Old Account
    On bosses where you tend to use fire and brimstone a lot, you also use a lot of shadowburns, which kind of helps to make up for it. And pet target switching also hurts it's dps if you compare it to a single target fight.

I play with sacrifice almost exclusively.

idk if its still true, but i find that when im starting my rotation under heroism and my meta gem im firing CBS so fast the dot is clipping like mad.. i cant value gosup that high, esp on say a fight like malkorok or iron jugg whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    idk if its still true, but i find that when im starting my rotation under heroism and my meta gem im firing CBS so fast the dot is clipping like mad.. i cant value gosup that high, esp on say a fight like malkorok or iron jugg whatever.
    squeeze in an immolate between the chaosbolts to snapshot the full proccline, especially with hero + meta up. nice sideeffect: your immolate is ticking damn quick and criting like hell with all those int proccs and 2+4pc --> chaosbolt MG

Deleted
    as a rule of thumb, take sacrifice on all fights unless you're aoe'ing a lot, basically, pick sacrifice on all fights except galakras.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your gear like? Sacrifice is actually pretty poor at low gear levels; especially if you lack KTT.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-01-16 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    as a rule of thumb, take sacrifice on all fights unless you're aoe'ing a lot, basically, pick sacrifice on all fights except galakras.
    totally depends on you and your guilds playstyle. On average I got 70-100mil damage from shadowburn + >I don´t know how much< damage from chaosbolt on galakras which compensates the loss of FnB by far.
    The only fights I´m using GoSup are Immerseus, because you are just FnBing the adds to death until transition without the real chance to shadowburn them, and the other one is Siegecrafter HC because we are playing a mine-heavy strat, which means that I´m just FnBing the mines a big part of the fight (also not worth trying to shadowburn them, dieing way to fast)

edit: forgot thok. interrupts and so on...
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2014-01-16 at 02:57 PM.

Galakras is shadowburn cleave heaven. You absolutely should be sac on that fight.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    Galakras is shadowburn cleave heaven. You absolutely should be sac on that fight.
    Yeah not sure on this whole GoSac is no good for AoE due to F&B thing. I understand why in theory, but outside of extended sustained AoE on high HP mobs... GoSac absolutely is good on AoE, since you have a higher number of embers to consume on ember consuming spells. Thinking of Galakras specifically, Half the adds in the trash wave have low HP and are in Shadowburn range withing 10 seconds. You are cleaving that early into the fight. After those adds die, your left with too few adds to make F&B better than just tunneling CB's into the kill target. Trying to think of a fight this tier where you are pure AoEing enough to not be able to abuse the high ember generation on CB/SB .. not thinking of any.

Only fight this tier I swap to GoSup is Thok .. and that's primarily for utility of the pets dispel

Pet can be nice on Nazgrim for increased time on boss.

Nice on H Immersius for the imps Dispell.

Pet can be helpful on H Iron Jug, H Mal, and H Shaman for the Sac shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    so you're doing nothing until they are at 20% hp? but yeah, galakras does have a lot of shadow burn cleaves but theoretically you should get more dmg out from incinerate as the dmg you do from 100% to 20% is more than the shadowburn havocs you do from 20% to 0% hp.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-01-16 at 11:13 PM.

so you're doing nothing until they are at 20% hp? but yeah, galakras does have a lot of shadow burn cleaves but theoretically you should get more dmg out from incinerate as the dmg you do from 100% to 20% is more than the shadowburn havocs you do from 20% to 0% hp.
    The adds die at a non-uniform rate so you are using shadowburn/havoc for a larger amount of the fight, also the number of adds in some of the packs is quite low further reducing the pure aoe time/effectiveness. Now if you were to manually clip out overkill damage on shadowburn perhaps the balance changes.

Anyone who is suggesting Supremacy over Sacrifice for Galakras either plays with a guild where they are the only people attacking the mobs until 20%, and then the rest of the guild global them before you can shadowburn, or they dont know what they are talking about.
    Guess which one
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Anyone who is suggesting Supremacy over Sacrifice for Galakras either plays with a guild where they are the only people attacking the mobs until 20%, and then the rest of the guild global them before you can shadowburn, or they dont know what they are talking about.
    Guess which one
    my point still stands tho, on a fight like galakras incinerate will be your biggest source of dmg 90-95% of the time as it should be, if you think about it logically. i am however begining to agree that as destro you pick sacrifice for every fight even galakras.