Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Considering there are many smaller indications that Blizzard wants to take a new philosophy and approach to the game design of WoW with WoD, I think it's only harmful for the company to have someone like that sharing his opinions which don't mesh with the intents and goals they have right now. His point of view is only one in an endless sea of others, there have been major lead game designers before who criticized his opinions on game design, including the one he's currently working under: Morello, the Riot lead designer who claimed that TBC was the best endgame model from a game design point of view.
    I would assume that since he doesn't work for them any longer Blizzard doesn't have a lot of influence on what he says. Since he's a smart guy I don't expect him to burn any bridges and if he has a serious disagreement with something they do he'll likely keep it to himself. I'm amused you're suddenly so concerned about someone or something harming Blizzard though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, why would we possibly want to hear from someone directly involved in developing and creating the game we play for so long. Just check the forums, no need for fancy former devs for professional insights. Forum users give it regularly, to great avail.

I don't even understand why the fuck Twitter exists

He communicated directly with players and knew essentially everything that was going on with the game, making him the best person to speak to.

I was interested to know where he goes. Now I know and don't need to see his tweets anymore.

I am not interested in his insight into game design because I do not agree with the design philosophies he shared. No, not becasue my class was nerfed or anything like that. I genuinely don't like many of his views.

the move to LOL might also explain the little slap in PVPers faces towards the end when he wrote something along the lines of "blablabla the view players who are interested in PVP in WOW blabla". Not exaclty these words but close.

the thing I DO apprechiate is that he opened up communication between players and designers. I don't think we would have as much dialogue if he wouldn't have started it all.

15+ Year Old Account
    How does one hear a tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    How does one hear a tweet?
    Any form of text to speech, someone reading it out for you, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Mostly because, despite the stance most seem to have in considering him the end-all-be-all destroyer of WoW, many of us actually realize he was a passionate developer who wanted to share developer insight with people who were similarly as passionate about playing the game.

Regardless of whether he works there now or not, I still find his input valuable.
    This is a big part of it.
    It was also the first time (that I'm aware of) that a WoW dev was so interactive with the community. A lot of us appreciated that, even if we didn't necessarily agree with some of the decisions that he was communicating to us.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

We dont want to hear shit from him about wow. He is gone. Went to riot games. If people wanna hear lol crap from him. They can do so wherever they like. Not here on a WOW site

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I don't even understand why the fuck Twitter exists
    So that every self-important nobody can let you know RIGHT AWAY what mindless shit is going through their head.

Because you NEED TO KNOW.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    With or without an effect on the game, his input is still valuable. I never said it would have an effect on the game, and I know that chances are it won't.

I still value his opinion, and it would be cool to see how he views future designs. Stop trying to assume I'm implying he'll still be designing the game, and maybe this discussion can go somewhere.
    It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid. This is MMOchamp, if you want his opinion follow on twitter.

Ok so teh OP didn't add why do people want to hear his tweets on MMOchamp, you're right the op messed up.

I think you value the opinions of the stupid, you shouldn't do that.

Im kind of baffled that so many people jump out of the bushes to protect him... But i guess if you did not "enjoy" his behavior early on after joining Blizzard you may can't understand where all the hate comes from that snowballed up to what it is today.

Mostly because, despite the stance most seem to have in considering him the end-all-be-all destroyer of WoW, many of us actually realize he was a passionate developer who wanted to share developer insight with people who were similarly as passionate about playing the game.

Well... sure passionate. Like 5 yearolds, fighting over a shovel in the sandbox. Those are passionate too in what they are doing, and his insight is just as deep as said sandbox; approximately 30 Centimeters... Sadly, he is swimming in the Atlantic.

Yes, im aware i am exaggerating. And i admit that he is a capable man. He got his jobs for a reason. But that's the only way i seem appropriate to counter the strange hero-worship he gets. I sometimes wonder if people just do that to be of the opposite opinion. The fact that some people consider him the new Jesus, while a majority considers him going quite down the deep end of hell can't be explained by ignorance.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2014-01-15 at 12:34 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Because I want to know his real reason why he joined Riot

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Because he has a huge amount of insight and until recently was a big influence of the game.

He is also no longer under any contract and does not represent the company so he can be even more open with what he says.
    And unlike us, he was privy to the internal decision making process at Blizzard. Almost anything he says about WoW sheds some light on that process.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Would be so epic if he turned out to be just a trojan horse and returned to Blizz after LoL is in the mud.
    Except that designing games is his career and doing that would be career suicide. For us these are games and have little importance in our day to day lives. For him, designing games is his livelihood and making a douchebag move like that would effectively deprive his family of food, shelter, and/or education at some point in the future. This is why I have to laugh when players accuse him of sabotaging games out of pure spite. A sixteen year old may do that for the lulz, but a middle aged game designer knows better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid.

You keep calling him stupid, but he managed to get a job at Blizzard and I'm willing to bet that you haven't even bothered to apply. Even if you did, I would be astonished if you managed to land so much as an interview. If he's stupid what does that make you? Think before you throw around insults.

By the way, I'm not calling you stupid. I'm just saying that GC is probably smarter and/or more likeable than most of us on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

To be honest, I voted no on regards to hearing his tweets after he left WoW.

That being said, I do value and enjoy his insight in to what happened/WoW in general. So if he is still able to give a hint of what goes on at WoW, it's a good thing, but it's kind of depressing we have to rely on an ex-employee to answer queries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Now he is going to destroy Riot <3
    JK :P
    Good hahah.

Seriously tho I still like to hear from Ghostcrawler even if he still does not work with Blizzard. I like to hear from former game devs and current game devs alike.

Sides I didn't think he was all that bad(I played a mage so...) but still all of the crap he got wasn't all of his fault. Hell I kind of feel bad for Kosak and in my opinion he isn't all that bad either.

He still has a massive insight into how decisions are/were made and what Blizzard think about.

To disregard his viewpoint because he left is insane.

Maybe in 3-5 years time, sure i'd agree, but he knows how they work right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid. This is MMOchamp, if you want his opinion follow on twitter.

Ok so teh OP didn't add why do people want to hear his tweets on MMOchamp, you're right the op messed up.

The irony being that most people upon reading this post will think you're stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    His experience with WoW is quite huge and now that he doesn't have any sort of ties to blizzard he can be more open about the state of the game.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Because as a former employee of Blizzard he has insight that we, the player base, do not have. Additionally as an industry outsider, regardless of who he currently works for, he would have insight into the nuts and bolts of the development process, that we as the player base would miss or misinterpret.

Also considering most of what he posted was cordial and, I believe honest, that gives his opinion even more weight.