Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid. This is MMOchamp, if you want his opinion follow on twitter.

Ok so teh OP didn't add why do people want to hear his tweets on MMOchamp, you're right the op messed up.

I think you value the opinions of the stupid, you shouldn't do that.
    Thank you for outing yourself as one of the many uninformed members of the playerbase who still seem to think one person's opinion can change the direction of a game. You're free to leave the thread now.

Stupid is subjective. I don't find his opinions stupid at all; I've always found his opinions fitting and very well informed, primed for discussion. You, on the other hand, are not informed. I would consider your opinion of his opinions stupid.
    About the WoD storyline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins ... so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?".

Because I want to know his real reason why he joined Riot

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Yes, im aware i am exaggerating. And i admit that he is a capable man. He got his jobs for a reason. But that's the only way i seem appropriate to counter the strange hero-worship he gets. I sometimes wonder if people just do that to be of the opposite opinion. The fact that some people consider him the new Jesus, while a majority considers him going quite down the deep end of hell can't be explained by ignorance.
    I don't know who is considering him a new Jesus... He's far from the prophet himself, even in the field he's best at. But that doesn't make him lack knowledge of the field, and put simply you have to be passionate and caring for the design of the game you make if you're willing to battle off the masses in defense of what's right.

The difference between a 5 year old arguing for his shovel and Ghostcrawler defending the decisions of a company are that no matter how you twist the 5 year old arguing for a shovel, it's still selfish. Game Design sometimes takes a bit of standing your ground in the face of a mass playerbase who spits acid at you with every chance they get. It takes experimenting. And if players can't accept that Blizzard wants to experiment due to 'insert reason which GC always tried to explain to us to the best of his ability here', then it's not because Ghostcrawler is selfish.

Hate the reason all you want. It doesn't make it invalid, nor does it make GC any less knowledgeable of the game.
    About the WoD storyline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins ... so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?".

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    About WoW/Blizzard.....

Just seems odd that people took a bizarre interest in a single ex-dev
    I cannot believe that people make threads about people who want to see GC Tweets.

Just another form of obsession, eh?

Seriously. That guy isn't gone that long and he answers questions that are ofc still valid. I would be interested in what people like Peter Molyneux have to say on their times as devs etc. GC worked there so many years. The things he has moved, decided and discussed are certainly of interest to me. It is a big part of WoW.

Hell..I would still like to hear what Bill Roper has to say on design choices in D2 and what he thinks about that now that D3 is out
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    Because he has a huge amount of insight and until recently was a big influence of the game.

He is also no longer under any contract and does not represent the company so he can be even more open with what he says.
    And unlike us, he was privy to the internal decision making process at Blizzard. Almost anything he says about WoW sheds some light on that process.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Would be so epic if he turned out to be just a trojan horse and returned to Blizz after LoL is in the mud.
    Except that designing games is his career and doing that would be career suicide. For us these are games and have little importance in our day to day lives. For him, designing games is his livelihood and making a douchebag move like that would effectively deprive his family of food, shelter, and/or education at some point in the future. This is why I have to laugh when players accuse him of sabotaging games out of pure spite. A sixteen year old may do that for the lulz, but a middle aged game designer knows better.

- - - Updated - - -

It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid.

You keep calling him stupid, but he managed to get a job at Blizzard and I'm willing to bet that you haven't even bothered to apply. Even if you did, I would be astonished if you managed to land so much as an interview. If he's stupid what does that make you? Think before you throw around insults.

By the way, I'm not calling you stupid. I'm just saying that GC is probably smarter and/or more likeable than most of us on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

To be honest, I voted no on regards to hearing his tweets after he left WoW.

That being said, I do value and enjoy his insight in to what happened/WoW in general. So if he is still able to give a hint of what goes on at WoW, it's a good thing, but it's kind of depressing we have to rely on an ex-employee to answer queries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Now he is going to destroy Riot <3
    JK :P
    Good hahah.

Seriously tho I still like to hear from Ghostcrawler even if he still does not work with Blizzard. I like to hear from former game devs and current game devs alike.

Sides I didn't think he was all that bad(I played a mage so...) but still all of the crap he got wasn't all of his fault. Hell I kind of feel bad for Kosak and in my opinion he isn't all that bad either.

The Lightbringer
    He still has a massive insight into how decisions are/were made and what Blizzard think about.

To disregard his viewpoint because he left is insane.

Maybe in 3-5 years time, sure i'd agree, but he knows how they work right now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's GC his opinion and views are stupid. He's stupid. This is MMOchamp, if you want his opinion follow on twitter.

Ok so teh OP didn't add why do people want to hear his tweets on MMOchamp, you're right the op messed up.

The irony being that most people upon reading this post will think you're stupid.

His experience with WoW is quite huge and now that he doesn't have any sort of ties to blizzard he can be more open about the state of the game.

Because as a former employee of Blizzard he has insight that we, the player base, do not have. Additionally as an industry outsider, regardless of who he currently works for, he would have insight into the nuts and bolts of the development process, that we as the player base would miss or misinterpret.

Also considering most of what he posted was cordial and, I believe honest, that gives his opinion even more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We dont want to hear shit from him about wow. He is gone. Went to riot games. If people wanna hear lol crap from him. They can do so wherever they like. Not here on a WOW site
    This is something more than a WoW site. The point remains that former lead system designers still have an audience here for relevant posts and as long as they do they will be supported until they don't.

The better point is that "You" don't want to hear from him. "You" is not the same thing as "We" unless you're some sort of European royalty.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

"Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    About WoW/Blizzard.....

Just seems odd that people took a bizarre interest in a single ex-dev
    Because the dude is a champion who trolled everyone on the WOTLK Beta Forums and gave real insight into class design, and argued with the community, and communicated with the community. This is a big deal.

Edit: I still want to hear about every response regarding WoW from his Twitter feed.

Why not? It honestly seems more entertaining to read his tweets now that he isn't officially linked to Blizzard. It's more like a professional outsiders opinion at this point.
    now taking suggestions for a new cartoon signature.