Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    It's actually UO, except not UO like the one you linked.

This is UOF - which is basically UO the way it was back in the renaissance era (or however you spell it).
    No trammel
    No malas.
    No asian lands.

Just felucca. Open world PvP, housing, etc.
    All the good stuff, without any of the bad stuff. And it's all F2p.
    the forced pvp is the only thing that stops my trying it

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    There's an edge to it,. they might be allowed to kill and hunt you - but you can do the same.
    And there's a bountyhunter's board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I just downloaded Lord of the Rings Online and as a nerd for Tolkien I'm loving it. Rumor is I need to buy the expansions to get max level and play end game, is this true?
    Good question! I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while since I last played. There must be a FAQ on the site about it somewhere, I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Good question! I'm not entirely sure as it's been a while since I last played. There must be a FAQ on the site about it somewhere, I'd imagine.
    Not that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by pieisfire123 View Post
    I have played wow for 7 years and bored to all hell with it so i am looking for a new mmorpg. I have tried a lot Aion Runes of Magic Neverwinter and a few more and not one can keep my attention for more then a few hours. So what is a good mmorpg out there other then wow and/or some good ones coming out this year?
    Ones coming out this year:

• EQN Landmark
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • WildStar
    • Destiny (Pseudo-MMO?)

Ones in the market:

• Rift
    • Neverwinter
    • FFXIV
    • GW2
    • Tera
    • SWTOR
    • PlanetSide 2

Lot of choices, really depends on what you like.

I'd go for SWTOR whatever people say... the storyline up to maxlevel is quite nice if you cba to follow it and it plays out kinda like wow in gameplay and feeling. If nothing else, atleast the level-journey up to cap is worth the money imo!

Plus it's cool with lightsabers! ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You can buy all of those things on the GTN for credits.
    So the F2P model is really a great way to get a feel for the game, and see if you want to play preferred/subscription. Aside from that, it offers all of the fun of the class storylines and such, which are quite good and enjoyable, if you ask me.

TOR is a great game. If you want to subscribe, you get more, much more than a free player ever would, indeed, but instead of comparing it to a full F2P mode, I think it's better to compare it to WoW's 'F2P' mode, where you can only level to 20, cannot use chat, cannot use mail, cannot do... Well; anything other than LFG, really. All of a sudden, TOR's introduction mode is pretty good, huh?

Edit: So yeah; give TOR a try, see if you like it. Other recommedations from me: Rift and Dungeons and Dragons Online. Rift has by far the most honest F2P model out of any MMO (though it takes a hell of a grind to unlock the necessary things in it; you'll have to buy a credits pack for in-game gold from someone who bought it off the online store for real money, and that pack usually costs around 1000 gold (platinum?) if I'm not mistaken).
    D.D.O. is a pretty good game, but you'll soon get to the point of running quests time and again in order to progress, and there's a few unfair DnD mechanics in there like 'Save or Die' spell effects. In addition, if you really want to get to end-game, you'll have to buy expansions with money (or tokens you earn by progressing, which takes a lóóng time). Still, it's a fun game, with many fun mechanics inspired by Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.
    I've had this argument a hundred times.
    Problem still being that SWTOR is being called F2P, when it's really still P2P.
    WoW is being called P2P, with a very, very limited trial.
    That's it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

It's actually UO, except not UO like the one you linked.

This is UOF - which is basically UO the way it was back in the renaissance era (or however you spell it).
    No trammel
    No malas.
    No asian lands.

Just felucca. Open world PvP, housing, etc.
    All the good stuff, without any of the bad stuff. And it's all F2p.
    Oh my god. Already downloading. Man I don't have enough words to thank you for mentioning this. Screw all new MMOS, Now I can return to UO! Yay
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-01-15 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pieisfire123 View Post
    I have played wow for 7 years and bored to all hell with it so i am looking for a new mmorpg. I have tried a lot Aion Runes of Magic Neverwinter and a few more and not one can keep my attention for more then a few hours. So what is a good mmorpg out there other then wow and/or some good ones coming out this year?
    Buy and play Final Fantasy 14 A realm reborn.

You will NOT fine a better representation of a realm MMORPG then that game. The Quest are amazing, the character/job combination is invigorating an the end game requires team work from your server.

Rift was lame before and now that it went f2p it's even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Ones coming out this year:

• EQN Landmark
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • WildStar
    • Destiny (Pseudo-MMO?)

Ones in the market:

• Rift (P2W Joke)
    • Neverwinter (P2W Joke)
    • FFXIV (only legit MMORPG nxt to Wow)
    • GW2 (single player + pvp with no leveling required)
    • Tera (lol... no)
    • SWTOR (lol... no)
    • PlanetSide 2 (first person shooter)

Lot of choices, really depends on what you like.
    fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    fixed it for ya
    Almost kinda agree with everything you said, but I do think those games especially SWTOR and Tera are worth a shot, since it is free after all.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-01-15 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an edge to it,. they might be allowed to kill and hunt you - but you can do the same.
    And there's a bountyhunter's board as well.
    meh id still rather avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Not that I can find.
    It looks like yes, you need to at some point purchase those expansions to get content unlocked. The level cap is not restricted for free players. This FAQ might be helpful -
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Acco...nsion_Best_Buy

I admit their system is labyrinthine to say the least, obviously buying expansion licenses and subscribing is the best way to get everything for the best price vs pay-as-you-go. However, the game is very flexible in that if you play as a VIP (subscribed) player and can't subscribe for a month here and there, you don't lose a whole lot as upgrades mostly stick around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Masoner, are you a Square Enix employee? Quite aggressive marketing there
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-01-15 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Wait, it's acrually UO or just same looking game created by fans? Cuz UO is still pay to play. Wha't the difference from this http://www.uo.com/ ?
    it's an emulated version of UO which have always been of questionable at best legality although Origion/EA has hardly ever done any action against it. I doubt most people would find UO appealing nowadays

The pvp isn't that bad. You actually get to keep the items off the people you kill. That said, there was hardly ever anything worth of value so it was easily replaced or not taken at all.

how is that an mmo?i googled it and it came up with being for the nds
    yes it's a nintendo ds game that isn't an mmo. Not sure why it was brought up. Still a decent game though
    Last edited by bals; 2014-01-15 at 09:17 PM.

Wait until Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    So it's a free shard and not an official game? I've played few back in the days but they always less stable, have more bugs and lack some features. Damn I hoped Back to SWGEmu then
    since this is a really old version of UO they are emulating it should have 100% support. It will then have any additions they have personally added. The shard is a year old and seems to be fairly recommended and stable.

the forced pvp with full loot drops and true risk vs reward is what defines that game, so don't bother. ive never got adrenaline rushes in a mmo anywhere close to that of UO.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is that an mmo?i googled it and it came up with being for the nds
    You share a code on a site and then some people add you and you can play with them together. (and yes its DS game not a pc)

Waiting for english pc version of the dragon quest X. (right now its only japan language)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

neverwinter is pretty damn good, and its pretty damn free

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn looks really good i am going to have to look into it and see it i will like it.