Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face Pandaren, and the future.

Pandaren has some serious lore in Pandaria.
    And because of that, playing one now, feels really nice.

But Garrosh Hellscream did some serious stuff that caused the death of many Pandarens.. and left much of their beautiful valley in ruins.

Now with Garrosh on trial on the horizon, and his escape to Draenor soon after.
    How do you.. Pandaren players.. feel about to continue your journey on Draenor?

Me, personally.. think that this is great, because you have every reason to hunt him down for what he did to your people and Pandaria.

It's personal.

I feel this was missing with the previous races that was added to the game. Their purpose was less personal, and more the sole purpose of the Alliance or the Horde when going after The Lich King as Draenei or after Deathwing as Worgen.

Keep in mind, and this is more than a little important, the Pandaren you play were not born in Pandaria, didn't know where it was and were greeted as strangers when they arrived.

To them, this is like seeing your great, great, great, great, great (repeat for a few minutes or so) grandparent's home country being attacked. It doesn't necessarily mean anything more to them than to the Humans and Orcs standing next to them.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Keep in mind, and this is more than a little important, the Pandaren you play were not born in Pandaria, didn't know where it was and were greeted as strangers when they arrived.

To them, this is like seeing your great, great, great, great, great (repeat for a few minutes or so) grandparent's home country being attacked. It doesn't necessarily mean anything more to them than to the Humans and Orcs standing next to them.
    It was quite a big thing for Chen Stormstout to journey the land where all the Pandarens originate from.
    He was full of emotions when he visited his ancestors brewery, and Chen is also from the Wandering Isle.

And yes, perhaps we were welcomed as strangers, but the daily life on Pandaria is the same as the daily life on The Wandering Isle, pretty much.
    Plus, going thru the history of your ancestors may or may not have an impact on you, but that's a personal question, up to the players to decide.
    But the option is there. There is a lot more lore for the Pandaren, than previous races that was added to the game. So that was a nice change.

not really. pandaren, like the chinese, have great respect for their heritage and for their family and ancestors.

it would be very important for them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Also worth noting, as seen in Vol'jin's novel (through Chen's POV sections), the mainland pandaren see the Wandering Isle pandaren as 'wild dogs,' impulsive and reckless by mainland standards. Furthermore, it's specifically stated multiple times in the lore revolving around Wandering Isle pandaren that even when they settle down, they eventually get bored and go exploring. For the player pandaren, it's not far-off to suggest that they simply got bored and signed on for Thrall's/Maraad's suicide mission because they were drawn not only out of a sense of honor and duty, but out of wanderlust and the opportunity to explore Draenor in its prime being too good to pass up.

It's also worth pointing out that the orcs are no longer in a position of sociopolitical power in the Horde anymore. The Kor'kron have been broken and a troll sits on the throne; the same troll who led the rebellion that helped Aysa pull Ji's ass out of the fire (in more ways than one). Ji's sticking around out of a sense of gratitude to the revolutionaries and my guess is the Huojin pandaren, including the player, stick with him for much the same reason, if not to do their part to steer the Horde's course away from Hellscream's police state and back toward Thrall's ideals of harmony with the world around them (something I wager resonates well with pandaren culture).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Also worth noting, as seen in Vol'jin's novel (through Chen's POV sections), the mainland pandaren see the Wandering Isle pandaren as 'wild dogs,' impulsive and reckless by mainland standards. Furthermore, it's specifically stated multiple times in the lore revolving around Wandering Isle pandaren that even when they settle down, they eventually get bored and go exploring. For the player pandaren, it's not far-off to suggest that they simply got bored and signed on for Thrall's/Maraad's suicide mission because they were drawn not only out of a sense of honor and duty, but out of wanderlust and the opportunity to explore Draenor in its prime being too good to pass up.

It's also worth pointing out that the orcs are no longer in a position of sociopolitical power in the Horde anymore. The Kor'kron have been broken and a troll sits on the throne; the same troll who led the rebellion that helped Aysa pull Ji's ass out of the fire (in more ways than one). Ji's sticking around out of a sense of gratitude to the revolutionaries and my guess is the Huojin pandaren, including the player, stick with him for much the same reason, if not to do their part to steer the Horde's course away from Hellscream's police state and back toward Thrall's ideals of harmony with the world around them (something I wager resonates well with pandaren culture).
    well i mean, the pandaren did think the burning legion had destroyed the planet so just going out there to explore certainly seemed like an insane thing to do
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm going to be completely honest, I hate Pandaria. Don't get me wrong the expansion was great and I had a lot of fun and it's one of my favorite expansions when it comes to gameplay. With all of that said, it did not feel like Warcraft to me. I wasn't into the asian theme (though the music was AMAZING) and SoO was a huge let down. Hopefully WoD will be so Warcraft-y it will make up for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest, I hate Pandaria. Don't get me wrong the expansion was great and I had a lot of fun and it's one of my favorite expansions when it comes to gameplay. With all of that said, it did not feel like Warcraft to me. I wasn't into the asian theme (though the music was AMAZING) and SoO was a huge let down. Hopefully WoD will be so Warcraft-y it will make up for all of this.
    While I adore Chinese culture. I have to agree that Pandaria is a bit out of place, but in a sense they pulled it off. Only thing that bugs me is Pandaria isn't diverse enough. All the zones are pretty much alike, and the Pandaren. Who in my opinion should have looked more disciplined and not fat and silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well i mean, the pandaren did think the burning legion had destroyed the planet so just going out there to explore certainly seemed like an insane thing to do
    Let's be fair, that's exactly what the pandaren said when Liu Leng was like, "Yo I'm gonna ride a turtle and explore the world."
    "Dude, you're nuts. There's nothing out there!"
    A few years later...
    "Sup guys, so the world's still truckin' along out there. Who wants to see?"
    "I AM SO IN!"
    Repeat for the rest of his life, until Shen-Zin Su grows big enough to house an entire offshoot of the pandaren who (in-lore) are slimmer than the mainland pandaren and more prone to living in the moment, even among the Tushui, as a result of their more closed-in living space, their status as constant wanderers, and their proximity to hozen tribes.

So all that taken into account, a Wandering Isle pandaren certainly would be crazy enough to go on the suicide mission, especially one who served in the Alliance and Horde during the Pandaren Campaign, the battle in the Barrens, and the siege of Orgrimmar.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren lore will be shifted aside by Blizzard. Just like all the other races when a new expac comes out.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Pandaren lore will be shifted aside by Blizzard. Just like all the other races when a new expac comes out.
    The shado pan will hunt Garrosh, that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really. pandaren, like the chinese, have great respect for their heritage and for their family and ancestors.

it would be very important for them.
    Or not. Are we forgetting that the intro for making a Pandaren is pointing out how different you are in spirit? And "like the Chinese" is appropriate for this specific thing but you do know that every, single, nationality and race on the planet Earth thinks they're unique because they "care about family and cooking and their mothers are overly attached to their children and they all really care about who they are."?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    It's ok. I hope to see a few pandaren npc's in WoD, but Mists definitely gave me an overdose. And i do play one myself, and i like it alot

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly not mind seeing the occasional Pandaren out in Pandaria, sure the expansion would have very little to do with them but I hope they get more then just being brushed aside like previous races. Blizzard had put a ton of effort into them and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

I can totally see a crazy Pandaren shacking it up with the Frostwolves in a attempt to perfect his brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    It's ok. I hope to see a few pandaren npc's in WoD, but Mists definitely gave me an overdose. And i do play one myself, and i like it alot

As stated above, You will almost surely see the Shado Pan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um no pandaren will be completely dropped just like tuskarr, broken, and goblins/worgen.

I dunno, to them it was like a homecoming, and they're just starting to enjoy the place and then a big jerk goes and wrecks it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Um no pandaren will be completely dropped just like tuskarr, broken, and goblins/worgen.
    And Blood Elves? Until they weren't.

And Trolls, until they weren't.

And Draenei, until they weren't. Well, soon.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-01-15 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pandaren are so out of place in the WoW universe, their entire culture and personality is confined to their starting zone and Pandaria. I don't expect to ever see Pandaren architecture or culture again in any meaningful way as we do with the other races.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    They already confirmed that the Shado-Pan would be in WoD so you're already wrong.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I like the idea the OP is trying to get across. I wouldn't expect the Chinese theme or Pandaren culture to be featured again in future expansions, but it would be nice if they gave a nod their perspective on the whole WoD storyline.