Elemental Lava Burst cast + proc question (possible bug?)

This most likely is me just being retarded, or the Logs not updating probably, but I had a question regarding lava burst and procs.

When you're casting Lava Burst, and mid cast you gain a Lava Burst proc, and you start mashing your Lava Burst button in hopes of getting the proc off as fast as possible (so you'd get the Lava Burst from the cast and the Lava Burst from the proc), my logs are showing that only 1 Lava Burst is hitting the target and also putting Lava Burst on CD (so the proc isn't being counted). I've watched the animations and only 1 Lava Burst is coming out, and I've read the logs and only 1 Lava Burst is being recorded.

In order to bypass this, I'm having to wait until the Lava Burst cast is complete, and THEN hit my Lava Burst button to get credit for the proc.

Has anybody noticed this/tested this/can test this just to see if I'm going insane or not?

Sorry if the answer is "you're just retarded"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming with the number of views and no replies that I am in fact retarded

Deleted
    Got me really curious so I decided to test it out.

Works fine for me by simply checking skada. Dotted dummy with FS casted LVB and got a proc mid-cast, got the proc off insta after cast finished. Skada said 4 crits (2 from mastery).

The projectile will probably just look like 1 LVB because you cast them at pretty much the same time. Assuming GCD is off by the time u finish cast.

You should be getting both hits of the Lava Bolt. Sometimes combat text mods and skada combine the hits if they happen fast enough. Happens with Stormblast, sometimes it will report 2 hits (MH + OH), sometimes it combines the two and reports the combined number.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    You should be getting both hits of the Lava Bolt.
    getting both hits of the Lava Bolt.
    hits of the Lava Bolt.
    Lava Bolt.
    Couldn't resist!

@OP Link the log you're mentioning.

Well, I'm not quite sure on Lava Burst, but it works just fine with my Moonkin and Starsurge (which is pretty much the same principle). Also, you can just check your combat log to find out, you don't even need Skada/logs/etc.

What just came to my mind, if you are mentioning a WoL-log, two casts firing and hitting the target might result in them being consideres as two entries of one and the same cast and thus, one being cut from the log as a 'duplicate'. Not sure tho. I don't even know if logs work that way :P
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

Not sure how relevant this is, but if you had Unleash Flame up and the scenario you mentioned happened, then both casts will get a 30% boost. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Couldn't resist!

@OP Link the log you're mentioning.
    smh >_<" brain fail!
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    You should be getting both hits of the Lava Bolt. Sometimes combat text mods and skada combine the hits if they happen fast enough. Happens with Stormblast, sometimes it will report 2 hits (MH + OH), sometimes it combines the two and reports the combined number.
    Lava Bolt? Go away enha