Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Holy priest/feral.... the fuck?

    Chastise, fear, MC and cyclone all from 1 person, and roots if you just want to be huge assholes about it. None of which share a DR

    How long has this 1 man CC army been allowed to go on?

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Chastise, fear, MC and cyclone all from 1 person, and roots if you just want to be huge assholes about it. None of which share a DR

    How long has this 1 man CC army been allowed to go on?
    You're lucky you didn't witness last season when ferals had insta clone and treant stuns and priests were the best arena healers!

  3. #3
    stun/fear feral, kill priest, gg

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    stun/fear feral, kill priest, gg
    Thanks for the intuitive advice, just using this I am now a R1 gladiator on every character.

    In other news; most DPS aren't capable of soloing priests even if the feral wasn't in the arena. If you are playing double dps, you'll likely lose by default.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Thanks for the intuitive advice, just using this I am now a R1 gladiator on every character.

    In other news; most DPS aren't capable of soloing priests even if the feral wasn't in the arena. If you are playing double dps, you'll likely lose by default.
    gratz then for you
    I said what is working and what weakness you can counter against feral, if you can't do it , start cc cycle first and let priest free cast cyclone on you , I'm sorry but you just bad

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    gratz then for you
    I said what is working and what weakness you can counter against feral, if you can't do it , start cc cycle first and let priest free cast cyclone on you , I'm sorry but you just bad
    I don't even know what you're saying anymore...?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    stun/fear feral, kill priest, gg
    This is basically what it comes down to.

    2v2 isn't balanced and never will be, and getting upset over it is kinda silly. It exists as a way to cap points for the week before you do 3s, that's about it. Regardless though, if you let a Priest do whatever he wants you kind of deserve to lose. Plus, Mind Control kind of CCs both of you, since he can't cast during it either. All in all, it's far from the most OP thing in 2s, and it's certainly killable.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Thanks for the intuitive advice, just using this I am now a R1 gladiator on every character.

    In other news; most DPS aren't capable of soloing priests even if the feral wasn't in the arena. If you are playing double dps, you'll likely lose by default.
    No one can't solo a priest?

    Death Knight, Feral, Mage, WW monk, Rogue, Ele-shaman, Warlock an warrior all should not have any problem killing a holy priest given enough time. Enhance, shadow and hunter should be able to given help from a support/second dps. Only one I'm unsure about is boomkin because unless they get a few starsurge proccs in a row and they all crit I dont think they have enough to actually down a priest in time but with a rogue that is quite definately possible.

    Don't make priest out to be some freaking raidboss, they are not the best healer, not by far.






    Also you can't have MC and root...

  9. #9
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    No one can't solo a priest?

    Death Knight, Feral, Mage, WW monk, Rogue, Ele-shaman, Warlock an warrior all should not have any problem killing a holy priest given enough time. Enhance, shadow and hunter should be able to given help from a support/second dps. Only one I'm unsure about is boomkin because unless they get a few starsurge proccs in a row and they all crit I dont think they have enough to actually down a priest in time but with a rogue that is quite definately possible.

    Don't make priest out to be some freaking raidboss, they are not the best healer, not by far.


    Also you can't have MC and root...
    I didn't mean to insult your priest main, I'm sorry!

    DK's and WW's are probably the only classes there that can solo a priest that has his monitor switched on.

    Ele's soloing priests...? Do you even play WoW?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    No one can't solo a priest?

    Death Knight, Feral, Mage, WW monk, Rogue, Ele-shaman, Warlock an warrior all should not have any problem killing a holy priest given enough time. Enhance, shadow and hunter should be able to given help from a support/second dps. Only one I'm unsure about is boomkin because unless they get a few starsurge proccs in a row and they all crit I dont think they have enough to actually down a priest in time but with a rogue that is quite definately possible.
    I main a Priest, and this is... Wrong. DK, WW Monk, and maybe Rogue can solo me. That's about it. A Warlock will literally *never* kill a Priest without help from another DPS, I could sit in an arena for 20 minutes with a Warlock of any spec attacking me and never die, even with 60% less healing from Dampening. Ele Shaman and Mage are too easy to LoS to ever kill me, the Mage would eventually I suppose, but I think I could live with an Ele on til 60% Dampening as well. Warriors could kill me depending on my talent set up. But if I have Mind Control I'll never die to a Warrior either, Chastise -> Mind Control and just run them off, especially if it's a map like Blade's Edge on the bridge.

    DKs do stupid damage, did before the buff and it's even worse now, eventually I'd run out of mana against a DK and die. WW Monks are nuts, after they burn through Trinket/Guardian I'd probably die to them in a stun lock/blanket silence. About 10 seconds I couldn't cast, that's two RSK, both could crit for 140k or so, so yeah that could kill me. Rogues are really strong, but I don't think one could ever actually kill me, but I really don't know honestly, so I'll call this a maybe. Never seen a Rogue try to kill me.

    Regardless, don't spout out nonsense. I'm far from the best Priest and have no problem living 1v1 against basically anything for quite a while, as long as my partner is doing anything at all I'm not going to die basically ever. Which is why 2v2 is terrible. You can't make healers squishy or they die instantly in 3s/5s, but as it is now healer/DPS vs healer/DPS should basically be 20 minute games every time, because no 1 DPS will ever really kill 1 healer.

    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    Also you can't have MC and root...
    This is true.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I didn't mean to insult your priest main, I'm sorry!
    Quite laughable, my main is a hunter, though I have a priest (and play shadow) In fact I got all classes except a dk and a druid, beside the point though, just because I play 1 class doesn't mean I can't see what are their flaws, weaknesses and strengths.

    What do you play and what comp you playing? (since you seem to take 2's quite seriously enough to make a post about "OP") Post that and we'll see what the problem actually is. If you are just caping with randoms doing some double dps setup that doesn't contain concentrated burst and 2cc schools then ye, you will probably lose by default, but how many of those setups can you even think off, and besides playing with friends what's the point of playing such setup...




    inb4 brilliant oxford intelligence: "LOL U HUNTER SO OP U NO CAN HAZ SPEEK"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I main a Priest, and this is... Wrong. DK, WW Monk, and maybe Rogue can solo me. That's about it. A Warlock will literally *never* kill a Priest without help from another DPS, I could sit in an arena for 20 minutes with a Warlock of any spec attacking me and never die, even with 60% less healing from Dampening. Ele Shaman and Mage are too easy to LoS to ever kill me, the Mage would eventually I suppose, but I think I could live with an Ele on til 60% Dampening as well. Warriors could kill me depending on my talent set up. But if I have Mind Control I'll never die to a Warrior either, Chastise -> Mind Control and just run them off, especially if it's a map like Blade's Edge on the bridge.

    DKs do stupid damage, did before the buff and it's even worse now, eventually I'd run out of mana against a DK and die. WW Monks are nuts, after they burn through Trinket/Guardian I'd probably die to them in a stun lock/blanket silence. About 10 seconds I couldn't cast, that's two RSK, both could crit for 140k or so, so yeah that could kill me. Rogues are really strong, but I don't think one could ever actually kill me, but I really don't know honestly, so I'll call this a maybe. Never seen a Rogue try to kill me.

    Regardless, don't spout out nonsense. I'm far from the best Priest and have no problem living 1v1 against basically anything for quite a while, as long as my partner is doing anything at all I'm not going to die basically ever. Which is why 2v2 is terrible. You can't make healers squishy or they die instantly in 3s/5s, but as it is now healer/DPS vs healer/DPS should basically be 20 minute games every time, because no 1 DPS will ever really kill 1 healer.



    This is true.
    Hm, maybe I should have formulated that all those classes can kill with support from a second person. Though you are right warlock will probably never kill you on his own, my mistake.

    Shammy just need to get a lucky streak to win tbh.

    I also said eventually though, I didn't mean you would flop over in the first fart.

    EDIT: Just because you can live quite happily against most doesn't say much in general tbh, how good are the ones you face even ^^
    Last edited by prizzm; 2014-01-15 at 10:24 AM.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    Quite laughable, my main is a hunter, though I have a priest (and play shadow) In fact I got all classes except a dk and a druid, beside the point though, just because I play 1 class doesn't mean I can't see what are their flaws, weaknesses and strengths.

    What do you play and what comp you playing? (since you seem to take 2's quite seriously enough to make a post about "OP") Post that and we'll see what the problem actually is. If you are just caping with randoms doing some double dps setup that doesn't contain concentrated burst and 2cc schools then ye, you will probably lose by default, but how many of those setups can you even think off, and besides playing with friends what's the point of playing such setup...




    inb4 brilliant oxford intelligence: "LOL U HUNTER SO OP U NO CAN HAZ SPEEK"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hm, maybe I should have formulated that all those classes can kill with support from a second person. Though you are right warlock will probably never kill you on his own, my mistake.

    Shammy just need to get a lucky streak to win tbh.

    I also said eventually though, I didn't mean you would flop over in the first fart.
    So it's changed from you saying that pretty much any class can solo a priest to maybe two people could eventually kill a priest.

    And an Elemental wouldn't solo a priest, don't be ridiculous.

    Some of the stuff I read on the PvP forums actually makes my eyes roll.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    EDIT: Just because you can live quite happily against most doesn't say much in general tbh, how good are the ones you face even ^^
    Pretty good since I play with/against gladiators most of the time. In fact I fought Nomanz in 2s the other day on my Priest. Most of the people I face are pretty decent, but that doesn't really change the facts much. One DPS will never kill one healer in a 1v1 situation unless it's a DK or you get extremely lucky. That's basically all that needs to be said. Doesn't mean Priests are overpowered or anything like that, simply that 2v2 is not balanced and never will be.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    So it's changed from you saying that pretty much any class can solo a priest to maybe two people could eventually kill a priest.

    And an Elemental wouldn't solo a priest, don't be ridiculous.

    Some of the stuff I read on the PvP forums actually makes my eyes roll.
    I still think a good mage, rogue, wwmonk, death knight can SOLO a holypriest with cds. The rest can with the second person they bring along.. or just wither them down in time... Don't turn what I said into something else.

  15. #15
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    I still think a good mage, rogue, wwmonk, death knight can SOLO a holypriest with cds. The rest can with the second person they bring along.. or just wither them down in time... Don't turn what I said into something else.
    You're probably best sticking to hunter to be honest.

    Update OP with your comp please!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Pretty good since I play with/against gladiators most of the time. In fact I fought Nomanz in 2s the other day on my Priest. Most of the people I face are pretty decent, but that doesn't really change the facts much. One DPS will never kill one healer in a 1v1 situation unless it's a DK or you get extremely lucky. That's basically all that needs to be said. Doesn't mean Priests are overpowered or anything like that, simply that 2v2 is not balanced and never will be.
    I'll take your word for it on the ppl you face.

    And agree about the last sentence.

    But still think mage, rogue, dk and ww can down hpriest, maybe a warrior given some luck (but then again that's all luck I guess)... I wonder though how much that revolves around you making a mistake contra him playing good though...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    You're probably best sticking to hunter to be honest.
    I don't have a problem killing priests on my mage, rogue or my wwmonk, specially the monk... Maybe you should stop trying to prove "op priest" with insulting me, cuse that ain't helping your argument.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    I'll take your word for it on the ppl you face.

    And agree about the last sentence.

    But still think mage, rogue, dk and ww can down hpriest, maybe a warrior given some luck (but then again that's all luck I guess)... I wonder though how much that revolves around you making a mistake contra him playing good though...

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't have a problem killing priests on my mage, rogue or my wwmonk, specially the monk... Maybe you should stop trying to prove "op priest" with insulting me, cuse that ain't helping your argument.
    Guessing the other person in this thread saying that he mains a priest and you're talking absolute rubbish isn't helping my argument either?

    And I never once said priests were OP, I said they can't be soloed unless you're playing against a DK (which is true for pretty much all healers).

    Unless of course, you are as terrible as you're making yourself out to be then yes, I suppose priests can be soloed by any class, but I'm sure the OP didn't need advice on how to beat people that don't know what they're doing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Guessing the other person in this thread saying that he mains a priest and you're talking absolute rubbish.

    And I never once said priests were OP, I said they can't be soloed unless you're playing against a DK (which is true for pretty much all healers).
    Oh please.


    "How long has this 1 man CC army been allowed to go on?"


    You just wanted to complain about how silly priests are in 2's, a bracket not balanced and that's about what they got going for them anyway.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I don't even know what you're saying anymore...?
    i dont even PVP and i understood him completely

    are you sure your equipped to be able to answer PVP questions?

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by prizzm View Post
    Oh please.


    "How long has this 1 man CC army been allowed to go on?"


    You just wanted to complain about how silly priests are in 2's, a bracket not balanced and that's about what they got going for them anyway.
    I'd prefer facing priests a million times more than a resto druid. It seems you're taking this all wayy too personally.

    Priests were ridiculous last season which is what I said.

    Christ you can literally scroll up and see where I said it.

    No idea why you got butthurt about something that was obvious last season and jumped on to defend yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    i dont even PVP and i understood him completely

    are you sure your equipped to be able to answer PVP questions?
    Not being able to understand someone that is barely typing complete sentences invalidates my ability to answer PvP questions?

    I can see the logic!

    I said Holy Priest / Feral were ridiculous last season in 2's (which they were, probably the most overpowered comp along side BM/Disc) and some guy started defending priests to his grave presumably because he mains one?

    Is it a national teachers training day or something? Christ.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •