Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What's that one gaming universe that you know inside and out?

I feel that every gamer has one or two universes that he/she knows nearly all there is to know about. With huge riveting worlds such as Warhammer, Elder Scrolls and Warcraft, I ask my fellow gamers, which ones have you given the most to? Which ones have you delved into books and general backstory to learn the most you can? Which universes do you know better than you know your spouse?

For me, it's Halo. From the Ur-Didact's war with the Lord of Admirals and eventual discovery of the Primordial and the Flood, to the augmentation of the Spartan-II's and glassing of Reach, I know nearly all of it. I still need to read the Kilo-Five Trilogy, and I will in due time.

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k, I played my first game in 1996 and had my first army in 1997.

10+ Year Old Account
    well WoW i guess.. well that or pokemon
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-01-15 at 10:50 AM.

Probably WoW, always win da Trivia addon games. So much worthless knowledge though
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quake. I read everything that there is about it. I know every corner and every level, every monster and all the secrets. It was the first "big game" that I ever played and I finished it about 30 times by now, including mission packs.

And then there's Fable TLC. The game that got me into RPGs. I'm still finding new stuff about the lore and the game but I know quite a lot. I should play it again sometime.

Deleted
    Gona have to go with Pong!

Warhammer 40k, but you learn something new everytime you read about it. Also Started to get into Warhammer fantasy some more now and i like it, some really good writing to be had there.

I've got Halo, Gears of War, and Warcraft all down. Though I admit Gears doesn't have as much information as the other two.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Warhammer 40k, I played my first game in 1996 and had my first army in 1997.
    If it where cheaper to play with models i would try to build a army to, but damn it's expensive now, i also suck at painting so im probally better off.

Fallout. i started on it when 2 came out and remember standing in best buy buying it. and then playing it and being thouroughly rocked. and then picked up 1 and played the shit out of it. still play both atleast 1 or 2 times a year. have generally liked all games they have released because i really just love the post apocolypse universe they had/have created in it.

WoW, God of War, Mortal Kombat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly C&C when it comes the most of it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Command and Conquer (up to C&C3) and Warcraft probably. I know more useless facts about these two than I do the real universe...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Resident Evil 1-4 (after that it went weird-er) and WoW I guess, but not too much.

Warhammer 40k is also a guilty pleasure to read about every now and then.

Warhammer 40k - Read almost every book written
    Halo - played everygame and read every book'
    Star wars - played almost all of the games and read damn near every book written
    Resident evil - Played all but the newest 2 and read all the books
    Eve online well nuff said
    Gears of war - played every game and read all the books.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    i also suck at painting so im probally better off.
    Oh come on, it cant be that bad...

Deleted
    World of warcraft and Chernarus(DayZ).

WoW because I've spent 8 years playing it. Would be a shame not to know the place inside out.
    Chernarus because 90% of the time you play you're looking at a map of the place.

Gotta say Hyrule.

-ZeldaFanBoy

WH40k. I'm the go to for a lot of my mates regarding WH40K stuff. WoW as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

My painter's heart breaks seeing these....abominations.

I'm no 'eavy metal painter myself, but I'm confident that the only reason why my models are abominations is because they are orcs.
    I'm not playing though, I have no one to play with and playing orks is way too expensive because you need GIANT armies. I just enjoy to modify and paint them.