Siegecrafter Blackfuse heroic!

Hello!
    So our current progress goal is Siegecrafter blackfuse. But im curious as to what classes people have up on the belt throughout the fight, and what raiders you would choose from our roster to be up on the belt.

For our dps roster we got

Hunter (On the belt every wave)
    Mage
    Balance Druid (Currently on the belt wave 1, 3, 5 etc)
    Elemental Shaman (Currently on the belt wave 2, 4, 6 etc)
    Death Knight
    Shadow Priest
    Windwalker Monk

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

15+ Year Old Account
    We had similar setup like you do when we first killed it few months ago so you should be ok with something like this...

1, 3, 5 etc Hunter, Ele Shaman
    2, 4, 6 etc Frost DK and Shadow priest

Im not sure sending a hunter up EVERY time is best idea, as there is no way his will have any CDs reset then, even with Assurance of Conawquence, so him going with a Shaman who can rotate many many CDs is good. And DK/SP combo shouldnt have any problems as both of them have CDs ready for each belt. We never had a boomkin so im not sure how good they are on belt though

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, you can send your hunter on first one alone to solo it, if his gear is good enough that is. But that should buy you few extra % on the boss.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to bring this up tonight during the raid!

queue:

Nah hunter can (and should) be on every belt. I've done this during 300 wipes and 1 kill ;] First line solo, 2nd with ele shaman, 3rd with warrior, 4th with ele shaman and 5th with warrior. And tip for hunter: BM is must be spec for this fight. And give him BL/Hero on second assmbly line.
    And you should send only 2 ppl on assembly line...
    But the truth is that the assemly line is the smallest problem on this fight

We had our hunter on each belt every time. That being said, we had 2 rotating players with the hunter after the first belt which was slightly "assisted" by a brewmaster monk. Anyway, after the first for every even wave I as a rogue went up, tried it as sub and combat but since I got better gear for combat I just went with that. For every uneven wave, our dps warrior went for the belts and I guess the hunter used most of his cooldowns with the warrior since as a rogue I had my cooldowns up every single time anyway.

As far as the encounter goes as a whole, I personally think that the belt is propably one of the easiest stuff to work out. For us it was more about which weapons to kill, where to position for each wave and so on. There's a lot of good ways to do the encounter, find out what works best for you.

What weapons we did and who went to the belt:

1. Hunter + Brewmaster, destroyed laser
    2. Hunter + Rogue, Laser
    3. Hunter + Warrior, Laser
    4. Hunter + Rogue, Laser
    5. Hunter + Warrior, Magnet
    6. Hunter + Rogue, Laser
    7. Hunter + Warrior, Laser
    8. Hunter + Rogue, Mines
    9. Hunter + Warrior, Laser

I think we've had to do 10th wave once and I think we destroyed laser but I can't remember for sure. You can try this order, if it doesn't really work out you just have to adjust it to fit your raid. As I said (and a ton of guides do), there is a ton of working orders and positioning for this encounter.

I wish you the best of luck with progressing!

Quote Originally Posted by DurbTh View Post
    We had similar setup like you do when we first killed it few months ago so you should be ok with something like this...

1, 3, 5 etc Hunter, Ele Shaman
    2, 4, 6 etc Frost DK and Shadow priest

Im not sure sending a hunter up EVERY time is best idea, as there is no way his will have any CDs reset then, even with Assurance of Conawquence, so him going with a Shaman who can rotate many many CDs is good. And DK/SP combo shouldnt have any problems as both of them have CDs ready for each belt. We never had a boomkin so im not sure how good they are on belt though

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, you can send your hunter on first one alone to solo it, if his gear is good enough that is. But that should buy you few extra % on the boss.
    A Hunter can easily do every belt, doing quite consistent damage every single time, too. If they are BM (which I don't overly recommend, as the pet is very finicky on the belt; in order to bring the pet with you whenever you're debuffed, you have to find time to dismiss it, because it can't follow you properly back onto the belt), then AoC can and will allow BW to be up for every belt. If they are Survival, then it doesn't really matter, and they'll do great damage every time.

Boomkins can also do every single belt, by the way, but it's a little more dangerous for them, as they'll have to run through some fire and take tics to get back into the pipe at least once or twice, whereas a hunter can just run through it with deterrence and take no ticks at all.

If your hunter DOES do every belt, then they should 1) Talent for Spirit Bond, not Iron Hawk, 2) Have Liberation and Disengage glyphed, and 3) be sure that at least one of the other people that goes with the hunter is a shadowpriest, boomkin, or ele shaman at some point, so the hunter can receive a little bit of extra off-healing now and then.

Thank you so much for the great tips, guys!
    Im sure this will help us sort out the belt properly, and soon we'll have siegecrafter down! :3

queue:

Quote Originally Posted by Mythriz View Post
    Thank you so much for the great tips, guys!
    Im sure this will help us sort out the belt properly, and soon we'll have siegecrafter down! :3
    Oh dude, you have no idea what you're talking about As has been written above, belt is one of the easiest stuff to work out in this encounter I wish you good luck with this boss. But Siege is guild destroyer so stay focus and be patient.

Deleted
    No one seems to be suggesting it but I was under the impression Windwalker Monks were amazing on the assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    No one seems to be suggesting it but I was under the impression Windwalker Monks were amazing on the assembly line.
    Also pretty sure that with some clever use of transcendence they can do every belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    A Hunter can easily do every belt, doing quite consistent damage every single time, too. If they are BM (which I don't overly recommend, as the pet is very finicky on the belt; in order to bring the pet with you whenever you're debuffed, you have to find time to dismiss it, because it can't follow you properly back onto the belt), then AoC can and will allow BW to be up for every belt. If they are Survival, then it doesn't really matter, and they'll do great damage every time.
    I'm happy to tell you that your points re: the pets on the belt are misguided. Here is what you need to do to guarantee your pet will follow you every time:
    1) If you're jumping in the tube, you're golden. Your pet will follow you.
    2) If you are disengaging off the pipe, here is what you should do:
    a) Set your pet to attack a target (boss, shredder, it doesn't matter).
    b) Disengage off the pipe onto the belt.
    c) If your pet did not immediately follow you, press your pet passive button. Your pet will instantly teleport to you.
    3) If you are jumping in the tube expecting to get knocked out and then disengaging mid-air, I don't know whether the above will work, but it's worth a shot!
    4) It's possible your pet will despawn. Just resummon it! At the very least, you save time from not having to cast Dismiss.

Again, while not on the belt, set your pet to attack something, then call it back to you with the pet passive button when you are on the belt. I struggled with pets during my first few attempts but since I learned this trick I have never had an issues.
    Last edited by HonneurVilified; 2014-01-15 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    I'm assuming 2 people is enough on 10 man(I do 25) but you should definitely be sending your hunter and WW monk every belt and have everyone else on boss.