Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you missed the point. pve is supposed to be challenging until you get the gear, pvp is challenging because of skill. two completely different designs. except one is fundamentally flawed because until you can even start to try and dps or heal people you need a specific amount of gear.

- - - Updated - - -

He isnt a new player... hes just fed up with blizz and a really good friend of mine. we have been playing together since like bc
    So you're saying pve doesn't require skill at all, you just need a lot of stats over the boss and you're good?

Please.

It's not two different play styles, you're crying for the same reason welfare epic babies cry.

and yes, you're going to die. a lot. where have you been pal?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    This is a false analogy. It should be "you have to drive a car for this long before getting your licence, and you may crash on the way" being a side effect. The same can be said for WoW, you need to do something for a certain amount of time to get good at it and something that may happen along the way is you getting stomped.
    no. its is guaranteed death until you have full epics then u can start having fun. he is skilled, but the gear gap is just so fucking wide that he lasts roughly 7 seconds against any other dps. I could not save him at all last night on my dk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    So you're saying pve doesn't require skill at all, you just need a lot of stats over the boss and you're good?

Please.

It's not two different play styles, you're crying for the same reason welfare epic babies cry.

and yes, you're going to die. a lot. where have you been pal?
    but what is the point of all the death? AND YES PVP IS HARDER THAN PVE LOL are u kidding me. pve is a choreographed dance. pvp is reacting to something different almost every time. always changing.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2014-01-15 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    At least pve rewards the farming up to the boss. Really though, the only reason I've really seen for why pvpers got gear as we have it now was so raiders weren't able to just roll in and stomp face with raid loot... Don't get why they just didn't make pvp naked instanced fisticuffs really.
    You're rewarded by honor points from each kill.

At least your HP is guaranteed.

People can go weeks and not get a certain piece of loot of a certain boss that's really hindering them.

In a few weeks what, you can straight up buy the gear you need for that honor?

Tch.

Why are you even playing a game if you just expect everything to be handed to you?
    Maybe think for a second.. "Maybe its not a great idea to go head on with a fully geared pvper, i should probably stick with my team and provide a distraction or snarebot; At least this way i give a better opportunity to my team rather than dying over and over for no reason."

Learn to play, earn your gear.

I just want to know what the point is lol u can stop insulting people now.
    I told you the point, I'm not insulting anyone and you're doing nothing but evading the point. Your intention was exclusively to bash Blizzard and complain that you have to work for rewards. That's been ingrained in the game since it was made. It's been ingrained in more games than you could possibly think of.

I see multiple threads regarding PvE and PvP gear and people providing pros and cons of the various setups Blizzard has attempted.
    I'll let you in on what seems to be a "secret" ... PvP and PvE are very different in WoW.

You can be a PvE god from a Heroic raiding guild, and still get destroyed in BGs if you don't understand how to PvP - regardless of gear. The flipside is also true. Gladiators cannot carry groups or even compete in PvE if they don't understand the mechanics involved in the fights.

Both sides of the game are fun and interesting, but being good/experienced in one facet of the game doesn't mean you can cross over and have immediate success. If you aren't willing to put in the time and effort learn the nuanced differences, you're going to be disappointed.

[QUOTE=Not Againnn;24789313]no. its is guaranteed death until you have full epics then u can start having fun. he is skilled, but the gear gap is just so fucking wide that he lasts roughly 7 seconds against any other dps. I could not save him at all last night on my dk

- - - Updated - - -

but what is the point of all the death?[/QUOTE]

What's the point of dying on ANY video game with pvp?

Oh, to teach you a lesson, and to hone your skills from your mistakes.

Do you ever question why you die so much in a call of duty room and actually have no answer like you do here?

Come on now.

[QUOTE=Stormtrooperz;24789395]
    no. its is guaranteed death until you have full epics then u can start having fun. he is skilled, but the gear gap is just so fucking wide that he lasts roughly 7 seconds against any other dps. I could not save him at all last night on my dk

- - - Updated - - -

but what is the point of all the death?[/QUOTE]

What's the point of dying on ANY video game with pvp?

Oh, to teach you a lesson, and to hone your skills from your mistakes.

Do you ever question why you die so much in a call of duty room and actually have no answer like you do here?

Come on now.
    but in cod the field is level. everybody has access to everything at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. its is guaranteed death until you have full epics then u can start having fun. he is skilled, but the gear gap is just so fucking wide that he lasts roughly 7 seconds against any other dps. I could not save him at all last night on my dk.
    This means nothing, your analogy was still wrong. I don't see the problem I really don't, you throw someone in with no gear of any kind (it's not even good PvE gear which would help things) so you have someone with NO defense and NO offense and NO health and you wonder why people with all 3 of those beat him? Don't be silly... this is an RPG, you should expect character progression. The grind is not that long, I did 3-4 BG's for my legendary cloak and I got a good amount of honour, almost enough to get a piece of PvP gear from the vendor. I may have even hit high enough for piece. If you're a serious pvp player then 4BG's a day is absolutely nothing and gearing up should take no time.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Why are you even playing a game if you just expect everything to be handed to you?
    Maybe think for a second.. "Maybe its not a great idea to go head on with a fully geared pvper, i should probably stick with my team and provide a distraction or snarebot; At least this way i give a better opportunity to my team rather than dying over and over for no reason."

Learn to play, earn your gear.
    honestly it didnt matter what we did. 4 people would focus him and he would die before i can even get my cc off. its stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    This means nothing, your analogy was still wrong. I don't see the problem I really don't, you throw someone in with no gear of any kind (it's not even good PvE gear which would help things) so you have someone with NO defense and NO offense and NO health and you wonder why people with all 3 of those beat him? Don't be silly... this is an RPG, you should expect character progression. The grind is not that long, I did 3-4 BG's for my legendary cloak and I got a good amount of honour, almost enough to get a piece of PvP gear from the vendor. I may have even hit high enough for piece. If you're a serious pvp player then 4BG's a day is absolutely nothing and gearing up should take no time.
    you never actually gave me a reason for the grind though

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Not Againnn;24789437]
    You're not in COD any more sunshine. You're comparing an MMORPG to an FPS. They are aimed at HUGELY different markets and are built very differently. This is an awful comparison.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

It is just like a PvE grind doing heroics to get into raids. You can't go straight into raids when you ding 90 though they made it easier to get gear on timeless. Seriously its late in the season people have full grievous crafted gear is anywhere from 50-75 item levels behind. Thats like me saying I have full timeless gear why can't I do shit in Soo heroics!

10+ Year Old Account
    you never actually gave me a reason for the grind though
    I have, twice now, you just chose to ignore it or not accept it - the whole point of an RPG is CHARACTER PROGRESSION. If you do not like character progression, why are you playing WoW, where Character Progression is kinda the point? You claimed you or your friend has played since TBC - it was more of a grind then than it is now, but this grind is only a problem today? That doesn't make sense.

A fresh 90 has about half the health of a veteran... especially if he is not gemmed or enchanted. Someone with little health + little pvp power =/= much greater health + much greater pvp power. It does not take long to gear up in RBGs or Arena if you are committed. Yes, you will die... lots... but you will also learn and get better. More importantly you need to get to know your team... their strengths and weaknesses. That way you can function as an unit much more efficiently. It takes time... during that time you will get gear upgrades. By the time skill becomes the deciding factor you will have the gear to be competitive.

TL;DR ~ Learn to play while you gear up... it's not the gear holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by merinpally View Post
    i have, twice now, you just chose to ignore it or not accept it - the whole point of an rpg is character progression. If you do not like character progression, why are you playing wow, where character progression is kinda the point? You claimed you or your friend has played since tbc - it was more of a grind then than it is now, but this grind is only a problem today? That doesn't make sense.
    but why does it exist in the first place lol

Last time I checked, I had to level up to gain access to new guns and perks.
    Last edited by Disconnected; 2014-01-15 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    A fresh 90 has about half the health of a veteran... especially if he is not gemmed or enchanted. Someone with little health + little pvp power =/= much greater health + much greater pvp power. It does not take long to gear up in RBGs or Arena if you are committed. Yes, you will die... lots... but you will also learn and get better. More importantly you need to get to know your team... their strengths and weaknesses. That way you can function as an unit much more efficiently. It takes time... during that time you will get gear upgrades. By the time skill becomes the deciding factor you will have the gear to be competitive.

TL;DR ~ Learn to play while you gear up... it's not the gear holding you back.
    the gear is def holding him back when ppl have 2x as much hp

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Disconnected;24789526]

Last time I checked, I had to level up to gain access to new guns and perks.
    i said max level

but why does it exist in the first place lol
    Because this is a game and every single game ever made has required you to put some effort into getting gear.

[QUOTE=Not Againnn;24789437]
    *Gasp*, and so do the people in wow who put forth the effort to get max gear.

Shocker.

and for your, "pvp is harder r u kidding me," comment?

I'd like to direct you to the front page, where a cute little statistic saying .23% of the community has downed heroic Garrosh rests.

.23%

Yeah sure, it's easy pal.

PvP is not "constantly changing," either. Unless classes get a new ability each day that I'm unaware of, your argument is invalid.

i said max level
    Leveling up to level 90 in World of Warcraft is the equivalent of simply buying the game in COD.

Max level in COD = fully geared in World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Disconnected; 2014-01-15 at 06:41 PM.