Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ghostcrawler Linkedin.. " Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others."?

According to Ghostcrawler's Linkedin..

February 2008 – December 2013 (5 years 11 months) Irvine, CA

Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team. Oversaw class, item, profession, combat, PvP, encounter, UI and major feature design. Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others.

So.. WOTLK,Cata and MOP... Because TBC came out in 2007 (If I'm not Mistaken)

So GC was already "contributing" for the expansion after WoD..?

Maybe WoD is just a filler expansion (Giving that it could last less than 12 months?), and that the next one is the one that "will come out quicker"

What's your thoughts?
    I'm completely fine of removing the arrows count, but I just can't stand watching my Hunter shooting arrows out... of no where?

They've been working on WoD since MoP released, so yeah, he's definitely contributed to it.

He contributed to Burning Crusade because he worked on the Sunwell patch briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    He contributed to Burning Crusade because he worked on the Sunwell patch briefly.
    Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...
    I'm completely fine of removing the arrows count, but I just can't stand watching my Hunter shooting arrows out... of no where?

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    You guys don't understand that they're already well into motion on working on content beyond WoD. They're working on 7.0 as we speak, as well as 6.0 and all patches and raids in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    You guys don't understand that they're already well into motion on working on content beyond WoD. They're working on 7.0 as we speak, as well as 6.0 and all patches and raids in between.
    I do understand, especially since half of Titan's team is in WOW now... But still WoD feels very "into motion" compared to MoP's reveal. Yet again as I've stated above, I don't see how this content that is being given with WoD more or equal to what they gave us before.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...
    MOP is also a quicker expansion. It's going to be shorter than Cataclysm. They are reducing the time, it's a curve. WoD will last slightly less time and then the next one will as well until they hit the level they want to.

Really, the new class/new race bit is getting boring and tiresome...

In All honesty, WHO CARES?!

Just another thread QQing about GhostCrawler, leave the guy alone

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Right. They mentioned this around blizzcon. They are working on 2 expansions at the same time to help get the time between expansions down to 1 year.

I do understand, especially since half of Titan's team is in WOW now... But still WoD feels very "into motion" compared to MoP's reveal. Yet again as I've stated above, I don't see how this content that is being given with WoD more or equal to what they gave us before.
    Because it doesn't have to be.

People seem to forget that if you increase the team size, you produce more in the same time period or the same amount in a shorter time period. So they could have HUGE 2 year expansion or MOP sized expansions on a faster basis. They've gone for the latter. You're not going to get faster expansions AND more content. Same as before and faster production, or more and slower production.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    MOP is also a quicker expansion. It's going to be shorter than Cataclysm. They are reducing the time, it's a curve. WoD will last slightly less time and then the next one will as well until they hit the level they want to.

Really, the new class/new race bit is getting boring and tiresome...
    I understand that is getting tiresome no doubt even I think that, but it's the first time we get a no class/race expansion so it's normal are feeling a bit strange.

Regarding the shortage, I couldn't agree more though and it's good. Personally MoP was boring to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    In All honesty, WHO CARES?!

Just another thread QQing about GhostCrawler, leave the guy alone
    I'm actually a huge fan of Mr Street work ever since he worked on AoE3, was just wondering about his work on the other "two" expansions.

In many interviews they, the dev team, has stated that they are have 2-3 expansions already worked on beyond what is currently active or announced. So, in theory, GC has contributed to more than WoD should they keep what he has worked on.

I'm actually a huge fan of Mr Street work ever since he worked on AoE3, was just wondering about his work on the other "two" expansions.
    Age of empires 3? I had no idea he worked on that, a damned good game that one (still play it occasionally)
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Age of empires 3? I had no idea he worked on that, a damned good game that one (still play it occasionally)
    Same here, he did work on Age 2 If I'm not mistaken I would actually wanted to know if he worked on Asian Dynasties expansion of the third one.

Riot received a great developer, hope the community however prepares for changes cuz they're gonna happen

Well..if he would be lying, that would be preeettty stupid concerning how well he is known, right? Right? That with hundreds of neurotic forum people obviously stalking him and all? Plus him wanting to work in the industry still?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

That's why it says shipment of 3, contribution to 2 others. Reading comprehension ftw.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...t&n=Swampmoose

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Stop getting horny goo, judge on cd.

He "shipped" Wrath, Cata & MoP. He contributed to BC and WoD.
    3 & 2. Your math seems off.
    Last edited by dahorst; 2014-01-15 at 09:00 PM.

Thet's because he contributed...

He contributed to TBC, shipped Wrath, Cata, MoP and then contributed again to WoD.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in this order - "ship ship ship cont cont"

Edit: dahorst beat me to it.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

Doesn't really take much to start a GC hate thread these days does it?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

"Shipped three." Wrath, Cataclysm, MoP.

"Contributed to two." TBC and WoD.

Very easy to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.