Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Ghostcrawler Linkedin.. " Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others."?

According to Ghostcrawler's Linkedin..

February 2008 – December 2013 (5 years 11 months) Irvine, CA

Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team. Oversaw class, item, profession, combat, PvP, encounter, UI and major feature design. Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others.

So.. WOTLK,Cata and MOP... Because TBC came out in 2007 (If I'm not Mistaken)

So GC was already "contributing" for the expansion after WoD..?

Maybe WoD is just a filler expansion (Giving that it could last less than 12 months?), and that the next one is the one that "will come out quicker"

What's your thoughts?

They've been working on WoD since MoP released, so yeah, he's definitely contributed to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He contributed to Burning Crusade because he worked on the Sunwell patch briefly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    He contributed to Burning Crusade because he worked on the Sunwell patch briefly.
    Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    You guys don't understand that they're already well into motion on working on content beyond WoD. They're working on 7.0 as we speak, as well as 6.0 and all patches and raids in between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    You guys don't understand that they're already well into motion on working on content beyond WoD. They're working on 7.0 as we speak, as well as 6.0 and all patches and raids in between.
    I do understand, especially since half of Titan's team is in WOW now... But still WoD feels very "into motion" compared to MoP's reveal. Yet again as I've stated above, I don't see how this content that is being given with WoD more or equal to what they gave us before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...
    MOP is also a quicker expansion. It's going to be shorter than Cataclysm. They are reducing the time, it's a curve. WoD will last slightly less time and then the next one will as well until they hit the level they want to.

Really, the new class/new race bit is getting boring and tiresome...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

In All honesty, WHO CARES?!

Just another thread QQing about GhostCrawler, leave the guy alone

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Right. They mentioned this around blizzcon. They are working on 2 expansions at the same time to help get the time between expansions down to 1 year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do understand, especially since half of Titan's team is in WOW now... But still WoD feels very "into motion" compared to MoP's reveal. Yet again as I've stated above, I don't see how this content that is being given with WoD more or equal to what they gave us before.
    Because it doesn't have to be.

People seem to forget that if you increase the team size, you produce more in the same time period or the same amount in a shorter time period. So they could have HUGE 2 year expansion or MOP sized expansions on a faster basis. They've gone for the latter. You're not going to get faster expansions AND more content. Same as before and faster production, or more and slower production.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    MOP is also a quicker expansion. It's going to be shorter than Cataclysm. They are reducing the time, it's a curve. WoD will last slightly less time and then the next one will as well until they hit the level they want to.

Really, the new class/new race bit is getting boring and tiresome...
    I understand that is getting tiresome no doubt even I think that, but it's the first time we get a no class/race expansion so it's normal are feeling a bit strange.

Regarding the shortage, I couldn't agree more though and it's good. Personally MoP was boring to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    In All honesty, WHO CARES?!

Just another thread QQing about GhostCrawler, leave the guy alone
    I'm actually a huge fan of Mr Street work ever since he worked on AoE3, was just wondering about his work on the other "two" expansions.

In many interviews they, the dev team, has stated that they are have 2-3 expansions already worked on beyond what is currently active or announced. So, in theory, GC has contributed to more than WoD should they keep what he has worked on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a huge fan of Mr Street work ever since he worked on AoE3, was just wondering about his work on the other "two" expansions.
    Age of empires 3? I had no idea he worked on that, a damned good game that one (still play it occasionally)
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    Age of empires 3? I had no idea he worked on that, a damned good game that one (still play it occasionally)
    Same here, he did work on Age 2 If I'm not mistaken I would actually wanted to know if he worked on Asian Dynasties expansion of the third one.

Riot received a great developer, hope the community however prepares for changes cuz they're gonna happen

15+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

That's why it says shipment of 3, contribution to 2 others. Reading comprehension ftw.

Deleted
    He "shipped" Wrath, Cata & MoP. He contributed to BC and WoD.
    3 & 2. Your math seems off.
    Last edited by mmoc9a48be24dc; 2014-01-15 at 09:00 PM.

Thet's because he contributed...

He contributed to TBC, shipped Wrath, Cata, MoP and then contributed again to WoD.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in this order - "ship ship ship cont cont"

Edit: dahorst beat me to it.

Doesn't really take much to start a GC hate thread these days does it?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

You've never written a CV before have you? Even doing a small bit of work on Sunwell means he contributed to TBC expac.

Also it's likely they've plotted out the expac past WoD and GC will have been part of the discussion, therefore he's contributed to it.

People like to exaggerate the shit out of things when trying to stand out for jobs etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard has stated many times that their approach to new content has changed, and their goal is to have a new expansion almost every 18 months, with content patches every 3-4 months

were likely to see smaller but more regular expansions as well as content patches