Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    According to Ghostcrawler's Linkedin..

February 2008 – December 2013 (5 years 11 months) Irvine, CA

Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team. Oversaw class, item, profession, combat, PvP, encounter, UI and major feature design. Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others.

So.. WOTLK,Cata and MOP... Because TBC came out in 2007 (If I'm not Mistaken)

So GC was already "contributing" for the expansion after WoD..?

Maybe WoD is just a filler expansion (Giving that it could last less than 12 months?), and that the next one is the one that "will come out quicker"

What's your thoughts?
    GC contributed to TBC from february to november when WotLK went live.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have always worked way, way ahead on expansions. They were working on Wrath in classic, for example. It is very likely that they've already got the general outline for the expansion after Warlords and some general design decisions that he was apart of.

This doesn't mean WoD is a "filler" expansion, it just means it's the same as every other one.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team. Oversaw class, item, profession, combat, PvP, encounter, UI and major feature design. Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others.

Maybe WoD is just a filler expansion (Giving that it could last less than 12 months?), and that the next one is the one that "will come out quicker"

What's your thoughts?
    I think it's pretty safe to assume that whatever comes after WOD is already in development; but if he worked at Blizzard starting Feb 2008, he was involved with Sunwell.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

You seem oddly obsessed with that man.
    ( ; , , ; )

What's your thoughts?
    No surprised. I am sure they had several ideals for future expansions and he was involved in somewhat with the initial conceptual designs, discussion etc. That was part of his job.

And I think people need to stop. The guy has moved on. It is bordering on obsession.

It is rather unhealthy.

Deleted
    Leave the poor man alone for goodness sake. He's left wow can the haters not leave him in peace now?

Why would he lie on his professional profile? Stop accusing him of lying just because you guys blame him for everything that's changed with the game that you dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...
    Others have made this clear:

Wrath, Cataclysm, MoP (shipped)
    BC, WoD (contributions)

Mod Voice: If you want to complain about no new races or classes in WoD go and post in a thread about that over the WoD forums. There's enough of them. It's off-topic for GenD.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets make a thread to discuss Ghostcrawler's resume. No, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    post your resume.

also, TOO MUCH ELOVE. Go outside

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still doesn't count as an "expansion" ship since it already came out, it was content drop not ACTUAL retail selling product.

I got this feeling attached to WOD as a quicker expansion, come on no Class, no Race...
    what part of contributed to 2 others are you not getting? he was hired 8 months before LK started, that means he CONTRIBUTED to TBC.

his tweet doesnt say 'contributed to the release of 5 expansions' which you seem to think.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shipped Wrath, Cata, MoP.
    Worked on BC, WoD.

Expansion VI is in planning and storyline development at best right now. No systems needed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    They said they were already actively designing Cata and MOP (Which was not gonna be about pandas at first) during WOTLK, so I don't see why they wouldn't be working on the expansion after WOD already.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

As mostly a casual player in TBC, I can say I felt his influence late on. I went from having nothing to do to being able to get new items with the revamped Badges of Justice. New weapons and armour became available without having to beat advanced content (you could farm a load of tokens in Karazhan and the easier heroics alone), which led to my rather poor guild being able to gear up and eventually down most of the bosses in some of those later raids.

Regardless as to whether people here feel he can contribute to an already released expansion, it certainly wasn't a complete expansion at release. Work still happened on it. Some of that was almost certainly his.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They said they were already actively designing Cata and MOP (Which was not gonna be about pandas at first) during WOTLK, so I don't see why they wouldn't be working on the expansion after WOD already.
    They aren't going to start nailing down points right away. MoP was not their first pick for Expansion IV, it changed after the reaction to Cata.

They may be working on the story, maybe ruling out some villains, but beyond that it's probably just a white board right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

He contributed partly to BC and WoD and was there for the releases of Wrath, Cata and Mists. Shipped 3 and contributed to 2 sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    People seem to forget that if you increase the team size, you produce more in the same time period or the same amount in a shorter time period.
    This isn't always, or even usually, true when it comes to software. Someone wrote a whole book about it, in fact (The Mythical Man-Month). Development tasks, because of their complexity and interrelated nature, sometimes get slower as you add people because the volume of communication required to manage the complexity will go up dramatically as people are added. There have even been studies that suggest that smaller teams finish software projects only slightly slower than big teams, but with dramatically less bugs, making it more sensible to cut your team in half, add 10% to your schedule, and end up with better quality.

I know this is off-topic, but I find it kind of fascinating so I thought I'd share.

-SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    RAFing yourself is totally allowed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    You guys don't understand that they're already well into motion on working on content beyond WoD. They're working on 7.0 as we speak, as well as 6.0 and all patches and raids in between.
    Yet they didn't say a word about WoD so far after blizzcon other than their tweets. If they could focus all their teams on 6.0 then it would be better than rather splitting them into 7.0 and other patches since they've promised faster content release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Please tell me where you've heard that expansion 4 wasn't gonna be about Pandas.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2014-01-16 at 07:47 PM.

What's your thoughts?
    Not one expansion has been filler in the eyes of Blizzard. In the eyes of some fans some have, but that is irrelevant. If Blizzard decided that the Protoss are indeed the future evolved versions of the Draenei, and both universes are in fact one in the same, then that is official. Just because some people think Cata and MoP were "filler" expansions does not mean they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    That's why it says shipment of 3, contribution to 2 others. Reading comprehension ftw.
    GC was a systems designer. He had no input into story. So I doubt he has/had anything to do with after WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Right. They mentioned this around blizzcon. They are working on 2 expansions at the same time to help get the time between expansions down to 1 year.
    Eh? So they doubled their team, apparently, so they can do a quicker turn of expansions. And in the same time decide to working on two expansions in parallel? Sound like doubling their team and the workload isn't going to solve much.

And I pretty sure the extent of 7.0 work done is Metzen wrote the Lore on a napkin.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Please tell me where you've heard that expansion 4 wasn't gonna be about Pandas.
    http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/8...arly-never-was
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.