Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Eh? So they doubled their team, apparently, so they can do a quicker turn of expansions. And in the same time decide to working on two expansions in parallel? Sound like doubling their team and the workload isn't going to solve much.

And I pretty sure the extent of 7.0 work done is Metzen wrote the Lore on a napkin.
    I believe he was sarcastic, because it's obviously bs. While you are still in the deephs of one development phase you at most manage to gather ideas for the next project, like next time I'd like to do this and that. As you said, they might have so overall goals, but they hardly did actual development on it, its hardly in the conceptual phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I believe he was sarcastic, because it's obviously bs. While you are still in the deephs of one development phase you at most manage to gather ideas for the next project, like next time I'd like to do this and that. As you said, they might have so overall goals, but they hardly did actual development on it, its hardly in the conceptual phase.
    This is what I would expect, and certainly within the scope of Blizzards power as a company to do so.

OT so GC says he "Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team." I think that can put some perspective to things, thats a lot of design responsibility. But the tone on these forums is too often making excuses for the bad directions the game took, and ultimately decisions within his responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I understand that is getting tiresome no doubt even I think that, but it's the first time we get a no class/race expansion so it's normal are feeling a bit strange.

Regarding the shortage, I couldn't agree more though and it's good. Personally MoP was boring to me

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually a huge fan of Mr Street work ever since he worked on AoE3, was just wondering about his work on the other "two" expansions.
    that might explain the state of AoE3 compared to its predecessors...

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    MOP is also a quicker expansion. It's going to be shorter than Cataclysm. They are reducing the time, it's a curve.

MoP is on track to be as long as or longer than cata.