Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Burnout already?

I'm curious if you guys are also noticing an increased number of people getting burnout from progression raiding... Our entire realm progression is pretty much dead right now with lots of guilds breaking apart... Is it happening to you too?

Mostly burning out to the fact that I know I'll be raiding SoO for another 8 months (I'm not expecting WoD to release until August/September)..
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

not personally no but it happens. always good to take breaks from things imo if you get sick of something. sometimes i think people just spend to much time in game myself included.

Already? Siege of Orgrimmar has been out 4 months, do you expect people to have fun doing the same crap every week for 4 months? Common dude this is nothing new, most raids get old after 4-6 runs...

Deleted
    A lot of the 9-11/14H guilds start realising that they will never kill H:Garrosh, so they probably quit.
    It is also very hard finding recruits now since guilds are devouring eachother preparing for 20 man in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I'm curious if you guys are also noticing an increased number of people getting burnout from progression raiding... Our entire realm progression is pretty much dead right now with lots of guilds breaking apart... Is it happening to you too?
    The last 6 bosses are no joke. I find myself getting angry when we wipe on bosses we have already killed just due to tiny mistakes, even though we over gear it at this point... Malkorok makes me want to gogue out my eyes, its so damn easy and boring... and yet tiny mistakes just destroy us. A missed heal, a misstep, a brief second too late for a pool, BOOM dead raid. The dps on Spoils is crazy tight... the damage can get out of hand quickly.

I love progression, im glad we will have some time before WoD, but its painful, I don't feel we have much room to improve gear, its just harsh as hell to not be able to have any leeway at all dps, healing or tank wise. And when one person starts to burnout, everyone else gets upset, their upset leads to more upset. It's dominos... and you feel responsible if you falter or get angry in a raid, everyone else is so on edge...

Progression raiding is like a powder keg, you roll it carefully, because it will blow to pieces in a moment if anything goes wrong. Christmas is a horrific abomination ... we had such a flow before the holidays... Thanksgiving, then christmas, then new years, now everyone's momentum is just broken. I hate holidays. Nothing good comes from Holidays.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2014-01-15 at 09:31 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been what 4months..it's kinda normal to be burntout by now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It's been what 4months..it's kinda normal to be burntout by now :P
    See I don't feel that way. I think if the Holidays had not happened, momentum would still be there. Progression excitement can keep a group rolling. Stale raiding is what burns people out. No new kills, no new loot, just the same bosses with no progress... that burns people out.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    Holidays do tend to do weird stuff to guilds. Other than that I haven't noticed many guilds fall apart because of burnout already. However I definitely am feeling it... with the first 8 bosses. Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Dark Shamans and Nazgrim are some of the most boring and tedious bosses to farm each week. Time consuming too.

Getting there, it's basically a race to who can sit on farm content. Don't blame anyone as it's terribly boring, not to mention the same shit dropping week after week.
    Stay salty my friends.

I'm coming back to WoW in 2 days after a 4 months break (which I had to take because irl); so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    The last 6 bosses are no joke. I find myself getting angry when we wipe on bosses we have already killed just due to tiny mistakes, even though we over gear it at this point... Malkorok makes me want to gogue out my eyes, its so damn easy and boring... and yet tiny mistakes just destroy us. A missed heal, a misstep, a brief second too late for a pool, BOOM dead raid. The dps on Spoils is crazy tight... the damage can get out of hand quickly.

I love progression, im glad we will have some time before WoD, but its painful, I don't feel we have much room to improve gear, its just harsh as hell to not be able to have any leeway at all dps, healing or tank wise. And when one person starts to burnout, everyone else gets upset, their upset leads to more upset. It's dominos... and you feel responsible if you falter or get angry in a raid, everyone else is so on edge...

Progression raiding is like a powder keg, you roll it carefully, because it will blow to pieces in a moment if anything goes wrong. Christmas is a horrific abomination ... we had such a flow before the holidays... Thanksgiving, then christmas, then new years, now everyone's momentum is just broken. I hate holidays. Nothing good comes from Holidays.
    Dude I couldn't agree more, the holidays destroyed our momentum... So sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    A lot of the 9-11/14H guilds start realising that they will never kill H:Garrosh, so they probably quit.
    It is also very hard finding recruits now since guilds are devouring eachother preparing for 20 man in WoD.
    lol then they're just bad players, oh i quit because the bosses are actually difficult now,

1-8 is a joke for any heroic raider, 9-11 require a little extra but nothing special, 12-14 are no doubt difficult and require 99% of guilds to spend lots of hours progressing them for their first kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol then they're just bad players, oh i quit because the bosses are actually difficult now,

1-8 is a joke for any heroic raider, 9-11 require a little extra but nothing special, 12-14 are no doubt difficult and require 99% of guilds to spend lots of hours progressing them for their first kills.
    It is not really because the bosses are difficult. It is because the tier is getting old. People are burning through the content in LFR/Flex/Normal so often that heroic progression after 4 months is just dull. Also, with WoD coming up, players are starting to look for new guilds, as they cant stay in their 10 man guilds anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It is not really because the bosses are difficult. It is because the tier is getting old. People are burning through the content in LFR/Flex/Normal so often that heroic progression after 4 months is just dull. Also, with WoD coming up, players are starting to look for new guilds, as they cant stay in their 10 man guilds anymore.
    The people jumping ship on 10 mans this early are people not worth raiding with anyway. It's FAR too early to consider that. It's more likely the guild those people join will burnout and disband before WoD even releases than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit that I am...I've been messing around with neverwinter and I kinda like it but when WoD comes I will probably get overly excited for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking after recruitment at the moment is a painful in the Oceanic heroic raiding scene. We are loosing geared/experienced raiders to completely quitting the game faster then we are able to pickup new recruits with any heroic experience at all. Feels like 1 step forwards and 2 steps backwards at the moment. Cross realm merges can't come fast enough IMO, at this point 2-3 servers for Oceanic players would be better then this dead server deal going on now...

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc

Deleted
    gotta admit, so many people I know who were raiding hc mostly raids and some normal, they as I realized that this raid is going to keep going for at least 6months, more likely 8+months still.

Also the slow arse pace of this realm merging which was supposed to all happen in 5.4 and now a new pvp season which is probably 5.5? invalidates blizz's word once more.
    It is just too much to expect people to keep going week in week out on the same stuff WHEN YOU KNOW there is no end in sight for the forseeable

Blizz just don't seem to learn, they should have at least 50% of realms done by this stage, and what do we have? zip nada

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Dude I couldn't agree more, the holidays destroyed our momentum... So sickening.
    Same here, man. Prior to Thanksgiving, we were clearing up to Malkorok on Tuesday night. We raid 3 hours a night, 3 days a week. Since we started back up last week, it's been taking on average 2-3 pulls per boss, instead of our 1 pull per boss prior to the holidays. Kinda makes me mad, we were so close to our first Malkorok kill (sub 10% and someone fucks up) before the holidays, then bam, 3 week break (setback is all it is) and now we're a little behind. We could have been 11/14 by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The people jumping ship on 10 mans this early are people not worth raiding with anyway. It's FAR too early to consider that. It's more likely the guild those people join will burnout and disband before WoD even releases than anything else.
    This. People who aren't committed to your team do not need to be a part of it, nor deserve to be. If you get people quitting or threatening to, be sure to tell them to not let the door hit them on the ass on the way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Holidays do tend to do weird stuff to guilds. Other than that I haven't noticed many guilds fall apart because of burnout already. However I definitely am feeling it... with the first 8 bosses. Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Dark Shamans and Nazgrim are some of the most boring and tedious bosses to farm each week. Time consuming too.
    Word, man.

I'm glad my guild is 25man heroic instead of 10. I wouldn't want to have to double my roster with new recruits and then have to "re-program" our raid team's synergy. That alone takes a little bit of time to get flowing. All we're doing now is openly making people aware that people who truly perform and want to be there will be recognized and given a spot on the 20man team in WoD. We already have to axe 5 people from the roster, and that's a perfect motivator to keep everyone in attendance as long as needed until we're done with the raid.

We don't have too many issues though. We have fun when we raid and constantly dog on each other. It's fun, regardless of what we're raiding.
    Last edited by Soulfròst; 2014-01-15 at 11:43 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely seeing burnout. Normal Raiding guild here, and most of our raid team doesn't need gear, however a few really do. Last night our tank refused to raid a full clear because he couldn't get anything until Garrosh. We lost our main healer due to rl problems, and a few others now also. We have new peeps to replace them but they need gear! We also had to have our SP goe Disc since we lost our Pali. Dread trying to keep my guild raiding, because with the ppl leaving, and getting new, progression has ground to a halt. We should have been doing Heroics awhile ago except for losing key ppl due to boredom with MoP.