Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    a little bit of a burnout for overall gameplay outside of raiding currently, not much else is attracting me to play, may take a break after we kill heroic garrosh until Warlords drops

I've been burnt out for months and I only raid around 5 hours a week. I barely even log on except for raiding. A raid that I'm sick of. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Progression raiding is like a powder keg, you roll it carefully, because it will blow to pieces in a moment if anything goes wrong. Christmas is a horrific abomination ... we had such a flow before the holidays... Thanksgiving, then christmas, then new years, now everyone's momentum is just broken. I hate holidays. Nothing good comes from Holidays.
    QFT

These holidays timed as perfect catalysts to players entering the burnout stage of this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    350 wipes on Siegecrafter Heroic in and still no kill after 2 months (though 4 weeks without progression due to our annual guild holiday shutdown!), in part due to losing players through burnout or crap attendance... the frustration starts setting in.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    The last 6 bosses are no joke. I find myself getting angry when we wipe on bosses we have already killed just due to tiny mistakes, even though we over gear it at this point... Malkorok makes me want to gogue out my eyes, its so damn easy and boring... and yet tiny mistakes just destroy us. A missed heal, a misstep, a brief second too late for a pool, BOOM dead raid. The dps on Spoils is crazy tight... the damage can get out of hand quickly.

I love progression, im glad we will have some time before WoD, but its painful, I don't feel we have much room to improve gear, its just harsh as hell to not be able to have any leeway at all dps, healing or tank wise. And when one person starts to burnout, everyone else gets upset, their upset leads to more upset. It's dominos... and you feel responsible if you falter or get angry in a raid, everyone else is so on edge...

Progression raiding is like a powder keg, you roll it carefully, because it will blow to pieces in a moment if anything goes wrong. Christmas is a horrific abomination ... we had such a flow before the holidays... Thanksgiving, then christmas, then new years, now everyone's momentum is just broken. I hate holidays. Nothing good comes from Holidays.
    My guild has been getting wrecked by the attendance boss since Thanksgiving, averaging 1 progression night out of 3 scheduled days per week. :/

Yea I sometimes think the only reason my guild was spared this misery was because we got Heroic Garrosh before Thanksgiving. Now, as I work on doubling our roster, I find most of our apps come from one of two sources: raiders leaving guilds who broke up on Siegecrafter or Garrosh, or raiders leaving guilds that broke up on account of mythic raiding prep (failed mergers/absorbs, leadership apathy, etc.)

It's really a perfect storm. The last few bosses are pretty hard. I've seen more than one guild break 400 wipes on Siegecrafter 10m, and for 25's I hear Paragons can be just as bad. We did 197 on Blackfuse and I thought that was a lot at the time. After that comes a respectably challenging end boss with a lot of time spent on a decent pull, and everyone knows it's coming and that it will take (most guilds) weeks to down. Then you add in missed raids for holidays holding you back more and this ominous cloud that is your entire guild either doubling in size or dying in the near (relatively) future, and it's easy to understand why some people are just choosing to step out, even if it's just to wait out the storm.
    Last edited by Ezekiah; 2014-01-17 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does no one remember the burnout from ICC?
    THAT was a serious burnout.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its burnout because Siege of Orgrimmar isn't a very good raid tier. (personal opinion)
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think its burnout because Siege of Orgrimmar isn't a very good raid tier. (personal opinion)
    no, you're right it's depressing, even the dark corridors are depressing. I just miss throne so much, I can't stand Seige anymore, no matter how much better than Dragon Soul it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    no, you're right it's depressing, even the dark corridors are depressing. I just miss throne so much, I can't stand Seige anymore, no matter how much better than Dragon Soul it was.
    Not depressing, but cool IMO. The endless amount of turns and high "door frames" were depressing as hell in ToT. Either way I think we can all agree that the first few bosses begin to feel like a chore and have lost all of their charm after 4 months, no matter the raid. The fact that SoO has far more early/easy bosses probably increases burnout quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigoki View Post
    Does no one remember the burnout from ICC?
    THAT was a serious burnout.
    Absolutely. I loved the raid but not for 10 months. Holy crap it was tedious by the end.

If true, it's probably because there's only one raid that isn't obsolete. And because it's the end of the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're really getting burned out, it's because you have a crappy raid atmosphere or you are putting too much pressure on yourselves or are raiding for far too many hours or have bad seeds who snipe and grumble all the time, or a combination of all of those.

My guild made the decision to not do anymore farm raids until we had cleared the tier after 1 week of progressing on Heroic Klaxxi. We got Klaxxi down last Thursday and today we will start Heroic Garrosh and keep at him until he falls. All of us are more than enough geared, 573-579, so it's just a matter of time now to get Garrosh done so we can start slacking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    350 wipes on Siegecrafter Heroic in and still no kill after 2 months (though 4 weeks without progression due to our annual guild holiday shutdown!), in part due to losing players through burnout or crap attendance... the frustration starts setting in.
    (Hey Swaguzan! Gl in 25m from Igno)
    Even with new recruits that came from our 9/14H competition, new tanks that doesn't suck and a generally kickass setup, I'm getting the burnout. We killed Malkorok a good while ago, but we still struggle with him. Those little mistakes.
    Doesn't help that two people still need their trinkets, which is the ONLY reason we are not extending.

actually its peak season for burnout, happens every time around this expansion time.

With the announcement of another pvp season, I know a lot of people are pretty bummed out right how (we're working on heroic Paragons right now) that we're going to be in Siege for another couple of months. So not going to be surprised in the slightest when we see a bunch of "I just need a break" posts in the next couple of weeks/months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like SoO from the start... Running LFR, Flex, Normal AND HC was just too much. I can't see it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I didn't like SoO from the start... Running LFR, Flex, Normal AND HC was just too much. I can't see it anymore.
    You said it. With the addition of hearthstone too, I personally, have become one of those people who only really logs for raids.

The problem is that it's the last tier of the expansion so there's no real incentive to gear up like in the first two tiers of the expansion.