10+ Year Old Account

Normal BBoY vs HWF KTT as Affliction

Sims higher by 3k with KTT, although Simc doesn't calculate the optimal way to snapshot / extend dots.

Feedback plox. :P

Shorter or multi dot fights I think black blood would be better and longer fights I would use the totem because of the item level. I don't have any sims to back any of that up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's my thinking behind it as well, the stat increase it gives is bigger like 3% more mastery which is roughly 9% more damage vs the 18% multistrike from KTT, simming it as I said in the OP is 3k lower with BBoY but idk.

On another note, it's the same thinking with Tailoring vs Herbalism. I just switched to Tailor today since I am seeing more and more top Warlocks doing it, sims lower but I just feel it can be more dps due to simc not snapshotting correctly / optimal.

559 vs 580 is kind of a big deal - on top of that, ktt gives reliability on top of higher consistent damage, which you kind of want for progression.

If you had n wf bboy, and only a non-wf h ktt, would be different though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    559 vs 580 is kind of a big deal - on top of that, ktt gives reliability on top of higher consistent damage, which you kind of want for progression.

If you had n wf bboy, and only a non-wf h ktt, would be different though.
    Thanks for the feedback. So then I assume use H PBoI and Heroic KTT until I get a H / HWF BBoY.

10+ Year Old Account
    id agree with kams. BBoY can be "exploited" ( and i say that in the most non-bad way possible ) by affliction more so than any other class due to snapshotting. Id pretty much use BBoY normal over the KTT you got on just about every fight in siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    id agree with kams. BBoY can be "exploited" ( and i say that in the most non-bad way possible ) by affliction more so than any other class due to snapshotting. Id pretty much use BBoY normal over the KTT you got on just about every fight in siege.
    Yeah the increase to mastery / haste may make up for it. I may try it on our farm tonight starting on Nazgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h2y8sqlrl4dtz8l9/sum/damageDone/?s=1297&e=1747 -- Nazgrim fight from last night. The trink did proc a ton as well as my newly acquired Tailoring proc when I dropped Herbalism. Any additional thoughts?

Deleted
    A normal Immerseus, KTT and BBoY then?

I have the Immerseus and KTT trinkets. Both in normal. I want to swap out the KTT for a BBoY though.. The proc on BBoY is just insane! Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    A normal Immerseus, KTT and BBoY then?

I have the Immerseus and KTT trinkets. Both in normal. I want to swap out the KTT for a BBoY though.. The proc on BBoY is just insane! Thoughts?
    Same ilvl BBoY >>> KTT no questions. It only becomes tricky with large ilvl disparities.

My biggest pet peeve with affliction is Bindings... once I get my hands on hc BBoY I quite fancy trying out BBoY and KTT together just for consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I only have problems with PBoI maybe 1/10 times. ATM I have a Normal BBoY | Heroic PBoI | HWF KTT -- trying to figure out the best possible combo for Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    My biggest pet peeve with affliction is Bindings... once I get my hands on hc BBoY I quite fancy trying out BBoY and KTT together just for consistency.
    but all that mastery and haste from bindings mmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    but all that mastery and haste from bindings mmmm
    ^ This.

With BBoY and Bindings I'm like 141% mastery, that extra crit damage and like 45% haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Same ilvl BBoY >>> KTT no questions. It only becomes tricky with large ilvl disparities.

Surely bindings proc lining up with dark soul would give more consistency than any RPPM trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Surely bindings proc lining up with dark soul would give more consistency than any RPPM trinket?
    That's my reasoning too. Same reason why I switched Herb to Tailoring, the Lightweave proc also tends to sync with a DS and a Bindings, as well as a short ICD.

Deleted
    I am playing with hc wf KTT and normal BBoY, I have hc bindings but it sim´s about the same as BBoY normal and in actual fights I do way better using BBoY procs correctly ...

I fell into the OP's shoes this week upon getting HWF-KTT (next to H-PBI and N-BBOY), did some testing, done some simming (7,5 min and 5 min single target + 3 target) and came up with a few pointers:
    1.) The procs' strenght is 25,320 Int for bboy, 15,124 for hwf ktt, so about 60%, and less for pbi.
    At the same time the passive effect's in order look something like this (highly theoretical, hard to test): pbi >> ktt >= bboy.
    2.) Compared to destruction which favoures ktt over bboy, we don't sacrifice the pet, which makes it less valuable for single target (on multi targets pet damage diminishes).
    3.) Simcraft shows me roughly the same results (7,5 min single) as it does for you:
    KTT+BBOY 336248
    KTT+PBI 339408
    PBI+BBOY 337565

Keeping in mind: SC can't decide about Wrath stacks and other procs / movement / stuff like that, so we presume it doesn't use bboy up to it's potential, and still shows it less than 2k of a difference, which for me personally looking at the int procs and seeing that the passives' strength is quite close, I'd clearly use bboy next to pbi.
    4.) The next point of argument would be the value of RPPM, in my personal opinion seeing my uptimes after few raids I'm not a fan or just don't often get lucky (I rarely see 16-17% < uptimes), so thanks I'll stick with my safer pbi.
    5.) Sparkuggz recently made a post on his website comparing specs on each fight and included the trinked used by ranked locks, for the most part they roll with pbi+bboy (ilv unkown)

All in all: I won't use KTT for affliction. The only fight I'd maybe roll with it would be protector's to see how the 17% multistrike does with many targets (still with bboy in the other slot!).
    Take the above text with a grain of salt, I'm quite new to the simming-maxing world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilzog View Post
    I fell into the OP's shoes this week upon getting HWF-KTT (next to H-PBI and N-BBOY), did some testing, done some simming (7,5 min and 5 min single target + 3 target) and came up with a few pointers:
    1.) The procs' strenght is 25,320 Int for bboy, 15,124 for hwf ktt, so about 60%, and less for pbi.
    At the same time the passive effect's in order look something like this (highly theoretical, hard to test): pbi >> ktt >= bboy.
    2.) Compared to destruction which favoures ktt over bboy, we don't sacrifice the pet, which makes it less valuable for single target (on multi targets pet damage diminishes).
    3.) Simcraft shows me roughly the same results (7,5 min single) as it does for you:
    KTT+BBOY 336248
    KTT+PBI 339408
    PBI+BBOY 337565

Keeping in mind: SC can't decide about Wrath stacks and other procs / movement / stuff like that, so we presume it doesn't use bboy up to it's potential, and still shows it less than 2k of a difference, which for me personally looking at the int procs and seeing that the passives' strength is quite close, I'd clearly use bboy next to pbi.
    4.) The next point of argument would be the value of RPPM, in my personal opinion seeing my uptimes after few raids I'm not a fan or just don't often get lucky (I rarely see 16-17% < uptimes), so thanks I'll stick with my safer pbi.
    5.) Sparkuggz recently made a post on his website comparing specs on each fight and included the trinked used by ranked locks, for the most part they roll with pbi+bboy (ilv unkown)

All in all: I won't use KTT for affliction. The only fight I'd maybe roll with it would be protector's to see how the 17% multistrike does with many targets (still with bboy in the other slot!).
    Take the above text with a grain of salt, I'm quite new to the simming-maxing world
    Nice data to back up a response.

With that being said, I used PBoI and BBoY this week when we did Fallen Protectors and I pulled 832k So I'll keep using that combination.