Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree with this, I wish they would make more shaman compatible races

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we should get a night elf paladin before night elf shamans.

I guess if a person connects really well on a spiritual level, they can become a shaman. But I could be wrong.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because Malfurion taught Hamuul a few things. That's why.
    And Blizzard wanted to expand Druid lore from WC3 to WoW. Remember when all Druids had to be Night Elf males?

Quote Originally Posted by ACES
    There's no compelling reason that every race shouldn't be allowed to be any class.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES
    I doubt you can list one reason against allowing all races to be all classes that I would find compelling.
    These are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    slightly inaccurate, but along the right vein of thought

Dwarves can be shamans because the Bronzebeards (playable dwarves) learnt it from Wildhammer shamans

the Wildhammer learnt Shamanism because they have strong ties with the elements, mirroring the Frostwolf Clan in some aspects (replace Frostwolves with Gryphons, replace frigid valley with troll-infested Hinterlands

until Cataclysm, when the Bronzebeards/Wildhammer finally started integrating their two cultures in earnest, no Bronzebeard had ever thought about becoming a shaman (most likely they were too engrossed with Titan technology and discovering their origins)

there's also no connection between the Earthen and the Elements, the fact they were made out of stone is simply because of the Earthens working environments (underground, shaping the world) was incredibly suited to being made out of stone; cave-in? no problem, they don't need food, water and have extremely tough exteriors, perfect for toiling in the deep places of Azeroth

the only reason they weren't made for fighting (like the Vrykul were) is that it seems more difficult to heal Earthen warriors, as they require special poultices or explosive bandages :P

on-topic, i think Night Elf Shamans make sense, especially considering Druidism is a specialization of Shamanism, where the Druid focuses on dealing with the Spirit of Life instead of the rest of the Elemental spirits
    bold speculation. Druidism is more about working with ebbs and flow of Azeroth than communing with spirit. When Malfurion called a storm he didn't ask any kind of spirit. He simply harnessed the nature itself.

I know about the book that mentioned that there's spirit of the wild that are not very well known to shamans and it leads to speculation that Druid commands this aspect so druid must be shaman of some form. I simply don't agree. Having read WotA trilogy and Stormrage, the nature of Malfurion's power almost has nothing to do with spirits. He could speak with spirits but that's not where his power comes from.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-01-16 at 06:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    bold speculation. Druidism is more about working with ebbs and flow of Azeroth than communing with spirit. When Malfurion called a storm he didn't ask any kind of spirit. He simply harnessed the nature itself.
    It's not just a speculation, it's flat out wrong.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    There's no compelling reason that every race shouldn't be allowed to be any class. It opens up more gameplay options and emphasizes the idea that races should be purely cosmetic.
    WHY OH WHY should they be purely cosmetic? I DONT UNDERSTAND this logic that everyone should be the same! MORE difference is what I want

Deleted
    The lore has gone downhill ever since WoW launched imo so I'm all for every class being available to every race.

Night elves are my fav race and shamans are my fav class - so i would LOVE if they could be used together

I think i have seen quite a few high/night/blood elves in the twilight hammer, so it seems very likely that night elves can become shamans lore-wise.

Plus their close ties to the draenei, who practice shamanism.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Night elves are my fav race and shamans are my fav class - so i would LOVE if they could be used together

I think i have seen quite a few high/night/blood elves in the twilight hammer, so it seems very likely that night elves can become shamans lore-wise.

Plus their close ties to the draenei, who practice shamanism.
    It's not like every member of the Twilights Hammer were Shaman though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    WHY OH WHY should they be purely cosmetic? I DONT UNDERSTAND this logic that everyone should be the same! MORE difference is what I want
    For once, we agree. How shocking honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    The lore has gone downhill ever since WoW launched imo so I'm all for every class being available to every race.
    Doesn't really make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't really make sense.
    It does, though. Since it has gone downhill, I've lost interest in it and I no longer care whether the game follows it or not. In terms of gameplay mechanics that is.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    It does, though. Since it has gone downhill, I've lost interest in it and I no longer care whether the game follows it or not. In terms of gameplay mechanics that is.
    Subjective jibber-jabber really.

Deleted
    Why do people insist that stuff like this goes against lore? What lore? The lore from way back in the Warcraft games? Times change. Blizzard themselves said that as WoW went on, the different races would develop as societies. Because that's logical and realistic.

If anything, by the logic that we shouldn't change lore from the Warcraft games, the Forsaken would still be stuck in their thirst for vengeance against the Lich King. And honestly, that would have been incredibly boring if that had never changed. Story arcs need to change. Characters need to develop. By insisting we should stick to the story, we're stopping it from growing - and that isn't good at all.

Change and new ideas are needed. It's difficult to swallow sometimes, I admit, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Why do people insist that stuff like this goes against lore? What lore? The lore from way back in the Warcraft games? Times change. Blizzard themselves said that as WoW went on, the different races would develop as societies. Because that's logical and realistic.

If anything, by the logic that we shouldn't change lore from the Warcraft games, the Forsaken would still be stuck in their thirst for vengeance against the Lich King. And honestly, that would have been incredibly boring if that had never changed. Story arcs need to change. Characters need to develop. By insisting we should stick to the story, we're stopping it from growing - and that isn't good at all.

Change and new ideas are needed. It's difficult to swallow sometimes, I admit, but there you have it.
    Some flavor and prestige of the classes and races should also be preserved. Somethings that fit naturally would be welcomed but things should not be forced because someone just wanna play wierd combo.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Because this fucking community is obsessed with min/maxing and "balance" at any cost.
    Welcome to humanity, a race that tries to be better than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. Just like stagnation for the sake of stagnation isn't good either. Change is welcome, if it brings good things or new ideas, if not, then no thanks.

True, but there also needs to be some balance. Change just for the sake of change isn't any better than not changing anything.

Deleted
    Some flavor and prestige of the classes and races should also be preserved. Somethings that fit naturally would be welcomed but things should not be forced because someone just wanna play wierd combo.
    Change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. Just like stagnation for the sake of stagnation isn't good either. Change is welcome, if it brings good things or new ideas, if not, then no thanks.
    Fair enough. I appreciate that every race needs unique flavour. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I like WoW so much, because of how each race/gender has different animations and home environments while other games, like TES, generalize all of the races. I just find it a bit odd how some people consider traditional lore for Warcraft as completely untouchable development-wise. Sorry if I came across as a bit... uh, forceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Also since elune is all about the light of the moon, why dont we have night elves being moonlight paladins?
    If this was true I would race change so fast it would cause the internet whiplash.

Dwarves make such excellent representatives for Shaman, that their three major Dwarven tribes are almost personifications of certain elements. This may even be the root of their conflict?

Ironforge: Earth
    - They live within a mountain, work with metal, and are obsessed with exploring ruins for clues to their Earthen ancestry. Their king is currently a diamond!

Wildhammer: Air
    - They live above the mountains, ride gryphons, and have lightning integrated within their culture. Cannot stand living underground and are always flying.

Dark Iron: Fire
    - Live in a volcano, have a burnt appearance, are always angry, and bring magic-users to dwarven society. They tried to summon the Elemental Lord of Fire to Azeroth ffs.

Makes you wonder if there's a lost tribe of Water Dwarves out there.

But anyway, Night Elves no not care for the elements in this way. There's a big difference between the generative powers of nature, and the destructive power of the elements.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-01-16 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Makes as much sense as Night Elf paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    If this was true I would race change so fast it would cause the internet whiplash.
    Maybe we could just Moonlight as paladins?