Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Well, did anyone honestly not see this happen...?

Deleted
    Ofc they will they are a company, but its not a problem nothing is needed bar a sub and they won't change that.

Heroes of the Storm will most likely utilize micro transactions. Same with hearthstone. What's the big deal?

I-i-it could just be for Hearthstone a-a-and HotS, o-o-or just cosmetics.

Cept we all know its not and WoW is going to be P2W with a sub fee in less than a year.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Well, did anyone honestly not see this happen...?
    Yeah, how can you have a game like heroes of the storm without micro transactions? LoL has tonnes of them, skinsm boosts, champions etc. Same with Hearthstone, any f2p game has to have micro transactions to make it financially viable. OP is just jumping on the hate wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post

Cept we all know its not and WoW is going to be P2W with a sub fee in less than a year.
    Don't like it? then don't play it. As long as it is profitable and people keep playing it will keep going on that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that such a job would in fact benefit us customers more? You want competent people to be able to put a price on Blizzard's products so that people become more willing to pay for it. It's a win-win if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very sensationalist title. Got issues with Blizz?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, haven't we been watching this for years?

I imagine WoW will end up like W101 sooner or later.

Wanna be cool? Wanna be uber? Add to cart. Checkout now.

I should move to California.

See you in a year. Bring your hat and a knife and fork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Any they will slowely start moving convenience items and vanity items into the store as long as people keep dumping tons of money into it. The only way it can be stopped is if people quit buying using these transactions and it becomes a money loss for them to continue developing microtransaction features.

Deleted
    to be fair i surprised they didnt implement micro transactions in wow sooner.i mean the sub stayed the same for 10 years.while the server cost,employee loans,and about everything else just kept increasing.

How on earth are optional purchases a ripoff?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick Quick jump the gun and burn down Blizzard HQ. We must kill an initiative that's been discovered before the employees have even been hired to invent it.

The microtransaction shop has always existed, it's only just now that they added a UI for it into the game. I can see them adding more pets, mounts and customization options like they do now, to be honest it's probably the only way WoW can compensate for declining subs. It's not really a bad idea, considering other games like League of Legends has become incredibly successfully off of vanity micro transactions alone, it would be surprising if Blizz, of all companies, didn't try to cash in on that phenomenon themselves. Hell, nearly the entire mobile game industry grew around microtransactions, it's just what happens to be the hot topic right now.

I'm only hostile towards micro transactions when they become super in your face, or become an alternative form of progression. I'm 100% cool with the idea of them adding things like unique transmogs (like the Dark Shaman mog) or transmog weapons, seem's pretty typical of a microtransaction store to me.

Blizz is definitely not stupid enough to make their crown jewel video game into a pay-to-win abomination, even during its dying days. Adding in even a single game altering upgrade that can be bought with real money would be subscriber suicide.
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-16 at 02:17 AM.
    You just lost The Game

While I will never really get why people like that shit people will get that shit. Well if it gets too much I'll just quit easy as that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    How on earth are optional purchases a ripoff?
    Because if it's not a f2p game they shouldn't charge you extra for anything.

its optional who gives a fuck. the simpsons tapped out has made millions and millions of their micro transactastions. it works. people who want it will buy it. yeesh why do people think blizzard is the only company that does it. in reality everyone does it

10+ Year Old Account

Quoting for posterity, so a year from now you can eat your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Quick Quick jump the gun and burn down Blizzard HQ.
    Actually started a joke off with that line before, something along the lines of.

"Kick open the door to the dev's meeting room and yell 'You face Jaraxxus!' before throwing a Molotov into the room."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."